Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 519 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
LA26
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Like obviously they’re going to be great but there are so many more original and interesting films coming out this year.

This is why I prefer this year’s lineup to last year’s. At least this time round we have more original, memorable and groundbreaking stories being told instead of constant remakes of gangster flicks and adaptations of classical novels.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

Does anyone know if Soho will have an original song? Anya Taylor Joy’s character is a singer

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Of course and it probably would have been a huge commercial success like Crazy Rich Asians. I was more saying that I don’t expect it to have such a high box office. Not everything can pull a Godzilla vs Kong in this climate (or at least right now).

Yeah, but still there’s no need to make GvK numbers to be a hit. It’s a smaller film.

On a related note Red, White and Water is apparently about to start reshoots.

Not a good sign. Bye bye J-Law comeback.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah extensive reshoots is rarely a good sign, especially for indies that don’t really have the budget for it. Between this and her character in Don’t Look Up being meh, at least in the leaked version of the script…

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Jennifer Lawrence makes like 15 million dollars per movie lmao any movie she does is a good comeback girl be getting payed BIG MONEY 😭.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

The comeback has already been made in that bank account.

Profile picture
    Jlawxoxo
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1373340318112886791?s=19

For real lol jlaw antis can stay bitter 🤭

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I couldn’t care less about her money. She’s not making an awards comeback.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lawrence won’t even get a Globe nom next year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Her role is very important but way shorter than Denzel. Kind of similar of Viola Davis in FENCES

Thanks for the info. So I guess borderline type of role. She can probably easily get a nom in lead, but if A24 feels like she could actually win in supp they could place her there.

Have you seen other scripts floating around? I am curious about so many.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Jlaw is nothing without Havrey Weinstein and David O’ Russel.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    rollins
    Topics:

Damn you guys are mean about Jlaw, her oscar win and Hustle nominations across the board was undeserved tho

Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

Thats like saying deniros  nothing without scorsesee or coppola. sure they helped but shes done fine without them.

Profile picture
    Jlawxoxo
    Topics:

Jlaw was already an Oscar nominated well known actress before working with that pig, the fact that she’s only did one movie with him? Meryl Streep, who called him a GOD and has done more movies under his production than jlaw, yet nobody gives her the hard time as much as they do with jlaw? And the male actors? Even directors like Martin Scorsese, Steven Spielberg who are in the industry longer than jlaw and have done tons of movie with him knowingly that he is a pig? anyways keep showing your misogyny vile self, it looks good.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

Don’t Look Up is going to be a big commercial/audience hit at the very least, I mean it has Dicaprio. Even if she doesn’t get a nom, Jlaw will be fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.