Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 519 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
LA26
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m actually sad about Red, White and Water because of Brian Tyree Henry.

Profile picture
    Sir Pierce
    Topics:

Best Picture:
    Don’t Look Up
    Eternals
    The French Dispatch
    House Of Gucci
    The Last Duel
    Nightmare Alley
    Passing
    Soggy Bottom
    The Tragedy Of Macbeth
    Untitled David O. Russell Project

Best Director:
    Wes Anderson – The French Dispatch
    Joel Coen – The Tragedy Of Macbeth
    Adam MacKay – Don’t Look Up
    Guilermo del Toro – Nightmare Alley
    Chloe Zhao – Eternals

Best Actor:
    Christian Bale – Untitled David O. Russell Project
    Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley
    Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up
    Adam Driver – House Of Gucci
    Denzel Washington – The Tragedy Of Macbeth

(The Next 10 (In Order): Benedict Cumberbatch – The Electrical Life Of Louis Wain; Oscar Isaac – The Card Counter; Andrew Garfield – Tick, Tick… Boom!; Anthony Ramos – In The Heights; Michael Fassbender – Next Goal Wins; Ben Platt – Dear Evan Hansen; Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power Of The Dog; Joaquin Phoenix – C’mon C’mon; Andrew Garfield – The Eyes Of Tammy Faye; Adam Driver – Annette)

Best Actress:
    Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    Lady Gaga – House Of Gucci
    Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Margot Robbie – Untitled David O. Russell Project
    Tessa Thompson – Passing

(The Next 10 (In Order): Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up, Jessica Chastain – The Eyes Of Tammy Faye, Kirsten Dunst – The Power Of The Dog, Ana de Armas – Blonde, Olivia Colman – The Lost Daughter, Halle Berry – Bruised, Kristen Stewart – Spencer, Thomasin Mackenzie – Last Night In Soho, Emilia Jones – CODA, Judi Dench – Belfast)

Best Supporting Actor:
    Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom
    Willem Defoe – Nightmare Alley
    Adam Driver – The Last Duel
    Al Pacino – House Of Gucci
    John David Washington – Untitled David O. Russell Project

(The Next 10 (In Order): Richard Jenkins – Nightmare Alley; Jared Leto – House Of Guici; Jesse Plemons – The Power Of The Dog; Rob Gordon – Don’t Look Up; Willem Defoe – The Card Counter; Tituss Burgess – Respect; Benny Safdie – Soggy Bottom; Rami Malek – Untitled David O. Russell Project; Reed Birney – Mass; Jeremy Irons – House Of Gucci)

Best Supporting Actress:
    Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley
    Angelina Jolie – Eternals
    Frances MacDormand – The Tragedy Of Macbeth
    Ruth Negga – Passing
    Anya Taylor-Joy – Last Night In Soho

(The Next 10 (In Order): Claire Foy – The Electrical Life Of Louis Wain; Mary J. Blige – Respect; Rooney Mara – Nightmare Alley; Meryl Streep – Don’t Look Up; Zoe Saldana – Untitled David O. Russell Project; Marlee Matlin – CODA; Diana Rigg – Last Night In Soho; Anya Taylor-Joy – Untitled David O. Russell Project; Elisabeth Moss – Next Goal Wins; Abigail Breslin – Stillwater)

Best Adapted Sceenplay:
    House Of Gucci
    The Last Duel
    Nightmare Alley
    Passing
    The Tragedy Of Macbeth

(The Next 10 (In Order): Eternals; Next Goal Wins; CODA; The Power Of The Dog; In The Heights; The Eyes Of Tammy Faye; Tick, Tick… Boom; The Lost Daughter; Dear Evan Hansen; Cry Macho)

Best Original Screenplay:
    Don’t Look Up
    The Electrical Life Of Louis Wain
    The French Dispatch
    Soggy Bottom
    Untitled David O. Russell Project

(The Next 10 (In Order): The Card Counter; Last Night In Soho; Mass; Respect; The Harder They Fall; C’mon C’mon; Belfast; Stillwater; King Richard; Swansong)

A very annoying young man, who loves cinema. 🙂

Twitter: https://twitter.com/pierce_sir
    Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/11higuys/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Last Night in Soho has wide enough appeal for Taylor-Joy to slip in with the actors branch, I highly doubt the idiosyncratic writers branch snubs it in favour of David O’Russell.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I couldn’t care less about her money. She’s not making an awards comeback.

15 million dollar pay check > Getting more awards (Jennifer already has multiple awards and gave her Oscar to her mom she’s don’t care about no awards 😭)

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

I couldn’t care less about her money. She’s not making an awards comeback.

I can bet you real money Jennifer Lawrence gets another Oscar nomination before 2025

Profile picture
    boogiezen
    Topics:

If Last Night in Soho has wide enough appeal for Taylor-Joy to slip in with the actors branch, I highly doubt the idiosyncratic writers branch snubs it in favour of David O’Russell.

Isn’t his upcoming project showed that actors are still willing to work with him? That’s an indication that DOR is still respected within the industry even though he is really a scum in real life.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Isn’t his upcoming project showed that actors are still willing to work with him? That’s an indication that DOR is still respected within the industry even though he is really a scum in real life.

True some of the most popular actors in the world (multiple) are in his next movie.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Her role is very important but way shorter than Denzel. Kind of similar of Viola Davis in FENCES

Thanks! I really hope this is a viable Oscar play for her, in either lead or supporting. My hopes are already extremely high because I know Frances is the kind of actress who can play this role perfectly.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is joining Marvel

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Olivia Colman is joining Marvel

In a TV show.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Even if Annette doesn’t end up being a big contender, I at least hope it ends up being Driver’s awards season acting vehicle more than his other films, especially since he’s credited as a producer. As others have pointed out, other weird movies have been embraced in recent years like Parasite and The Favourite (does The Shape of Water count as well?)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You mean like how Christoph Waltz, Alec Baldwin, Cherry Jones and Jude Law amongst others are still willing to work with Woody Allen?

Even if the actors get nominated (which I guess is possible because look how Bohemian Rhapsody got so many nominations in spite of Bryan Singer) there is no way the academy is going to nominate O’Russell for Screenplay or Director in this climate. That’s like suggesting that if Next Goal Wins ends up being a top contender that Armie Hammier will coattail.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Her role is very important but way shorter than Denzel. Kind of similar of Viola Davis in FENCES

Is the set in the Jacobean era or modern times? Is the dialogue updated? I asked this before I don’t know if you saw it.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

On a related note Red, White and Water is apparently about to start reshoots.

Source? Couldn’t find it anywhere.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’ve “settled” on a TOP 8 for each acting category for now

<b>Actor</b>:
    Adam Driver – Annette
    Adam Driver – House of Gucci
    Anthony Ramos – In the Heights
    Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    Bradley Cooper – Nightmare Alley
    Christian Bale – Amsterdam
    Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of MacBeth
    Oscar Isaac – The Card Counter

Actress:
    Ana de Armas – Blonde
    Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    Lady Gaga – House of Gucci
    Marion Cotillard – Annette
    Margot Robbie – Amsterdam
    Sandra Bullock – Unforgiven
    Tessa Thompson – Passing

Supporting Actor
    Al Pacino – House of Gucci
    Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom
    Jared Leto – House of Gucci
    Jesse Plemons – The Power of the Dog
    Jason Isaacs – Mass
    Richard Jenkins – The Humans
    Reed Birney – Mass
    Willem Dafoe – The Card Counter

Supporting Actress
    Ann Dowd – Mass
    Anya Taylor Joy – Last Night in Soho
    Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley
    Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of MacBeth
    Olga Merediz – In the Heights
    Ruth Negga – Passing
    Toni Colette – Nightmare Alley
    Viola Davis – Unforgiven

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.