Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 519 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
LA26
fefface
schmids
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Short clip of Gaga acting in HoG with Jack Huston, they’re going for Italian accents

eep. maybe editing can save it but…eep.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Underestimating Thomasin McKenzie and Frances Conroy in The Power of the Dog—they’re great supporting parts and if the film hits for BP, Dunst, Cumberbatch, Plemons, there’s really no reason either McKenzie or Conroy couldn’t make it. I say Conroy in addition to McKenzie because based on the book Conroy has the bigger part but I’m pretty sure Campion is making McKenzie’s role bigger than in the book because there’s no way McKenzie would be in a cameo role.

Besides—Thomasin McKenzie seems super ripe for recognition.

Also, this is why Dunst can’t go supporting. Why would they want to put 3 actresses in supporting, especially when Dunst is a co-lead?

Nowadays, its hard to get four acting nominations for a single film but it isn’t impossible though for McKenzie and/or Conroy to coattail especially if The Power of the Dog becomes a BP frontrunner.

Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Margot Robbie recently wrapped DOR’s film, and she’s currently prepping for Babylon. Filming starts in June. I wonder which film will earn her an Oscar.

None of them. Why so desperate to give an average actress like her an Oscar?

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I said this in the other thread but Patrizia is an absolutely outrageous character who became increasingly erratic in the last few years before she had her husband murdered. This looks pretty accurate to me. However it’s also an out of context, unedited, unfinished clip. Maybe let’s see something we’re actually supposed to see and then judge.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

None of them. Why so desperate to give an average actress like her an Oscar?

I’m not a huge Robbie fan but by the sheer number of big projects she’s picking up it does feel inevitable that she’ll get one eventually. Like Bradley Cooper.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Short clip of Gaga acting in HoG with Jack Huston, they’re going for Italian accents

This look reminds me of her Yoü and I alter ego. I can’t wait omg!

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Underestimating Thomasin McKenzie and Frances Conroy in The Power of the Dog—they’re great supporting parts and if the film hits for BP, Dunst, Cumberbatch, Plemons, there’s really no reason either McKenzie or Conroy couldn’t make it. I say Conroy in addition to McKenzie because based on the book Conroy has the bigger part but I’m pretty sure Campion is making McKenzie’s role bigger than in the book because there’s no way McKenzie would be in a cameo role. Besides—Thomasin McKenzie seems super ripe for recognition. Also, this is why Dunst can’t go supporting. Why would they want to put 3 actresses in supporting, especially when Dunst is a co-lead?

I just realized that Both Campion and McKenzie are Kiwis.

She has already recognized for Jojo Rabbit and Leave No Trace, though.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Editing isn’t a mircale-worker. It couldn’t save Zendaya’s amateurish histrionics in that Mac&Cheese commercial but maybe that was too beyond anyone’s power?

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

Here is a link to the script for Don’t Look Up if anyone is curious to read it. Feels like a huge misfire waiting to happen in my opinion. I don’t think it’ll translate well especially coming out of the pandemic and the political/racial climate we’re in. Audiences will probably hate it outside the all-star cast.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Dune script is ho-hum but 2 reactions from the confirmed test-screening were raves. So whether something translates or not remains to be seen.

I take test screening reactions with a grain of salt too. People get overexcited for being the first to see something so those reactions are generally more hyperbolic. But the cast and director are strong so they could smooth the script and same gors for Don’t Look Up. Could doesn’t mena automatic will.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Your dislike for this woman is weird.

I literally just said “eep”. Jesus.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Here is a link to the script for Don’t Look Up if anyone is curious to read it. Feels like a huge misfire waiting to happen in my opinion. I don’t think it’ll translate well especially coming out of the pandemic and the political/racial climate we’re in. Audiences will probably hate it outside the all-star cast.

This looks really bad, they’re basically making fun of COVID. Vice already had mixed reviews and this will probably be McKay’s Hillbilly Elegy.

I’m sure HFPA will eat this up, though.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I’ve been saying this for a while. This project sound like a huge misfire. Vice was a pretty divisive film already. I’d be surprised if it turns out to be good.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Underestimating Thomasin McKenzie and Frances Conroy in The Power of the Dog—they’re great supporting parts and if the film hits for BP, Dunst, Cumberbatch, Plemons, there’s really no reason either McKenzie or Conroy couldn’t make it. I say Conroy in addition to McKenzie because based on the book Conroy has the bigger part but I’m pretty sure Campion is making McKenzie’s role bigger than in the book because there’s no way McKenzie would be in a cameo role.

Besides—Thomasin McKenzie seems super ripe for recognition.

Also, this is why Dunst can’t go supporting. Why would they want to put 3 actresses in supporting, especially when Dunst is a co-lead?

Let’s see… Reading the book I did not have this feeling at all, to me Benedict Cumberbatch’s character is a type of lead that swallows all the other characters in the book. The other brother will go supporting, and he has more to work with than Dunst’s character.

I do agree that the placement and Dunst’s star status may interfere, but I would like to read more about the production to change my mind.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

This looks really bad, they’re basically making fun of COVID. Vice already had mixed reviews and this will probably be McKay’s Hillbilly Elegy. I’m sure HFPA will eat this up, though.

Yeah this is… not good. Is this the final script or a previous draft?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.