Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Guys I really don’t think DEH is going to be the musical to make it through to the Oscars.

Agreed. It has a nice message at its core, but it feels too small to be a major awards contender, especially with musical bias. Of the few musicals, coming out this year, WSS, ITH, DEH, I could see the first two getting tech/visual noms, but not much else. I could be wrong tho.

Also, Ben Platt is like 30 and he’s playing a teenager? We’ll see how that goes…

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

God I so hope Park Chan Wook is the international director pick. Though I’m worried South Korea will not select his film to submit to the Academy. They did The Handmaiden so dirty. I don’t see any incentive for the Academy to crown Scott with an Oscar considering how they gave The Martian zero Oscars when it could have easily won visual effects or any of the sound awards. Del Toro could probably steamroll the entire season yet again if Nightmare Alley is a tremendous tech player which I’m predicting it is. The film looks like an entire director’s showcase.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Del Toro will be the Martin Scorsese of this year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

See, I don’t know who is winning this year. Could be PTA or Edgar Wright, but I think they’ll be duking it out for Screenplay. Maybe del Toro or Villeneuve, or someone who maybe I’m not expecting to be nominated. But I don’t think Wes is gonna win this year even if his movie does well below the line.

Another call: I think Soggy Bottom will take SAG Ensemble.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Another call: I think Soggy Bottom will take SAG Ensemble.

I don’t think so. Bradley Cooper is the only prominent name in the cast alongside Benny Safdie. The rest are C-list actors and non actors, which didn’t work well for La La Land.

I think The Power of the Dog and Don’t Look Up fit more in SAG’s taste.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Guillermo Del Toro winning his 2nd Directing Oscar would fulfill the trend of “Three Amigos” having two awards each for Best Director.

For him to win a second award for BD, Nightmare Alley has to be a directorial showcase like The Revenant and Roma or atleast Top 3/frontrunner in Picture.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Del Toro will have to change a lot of stuff from the novel. If it ends up too cynical and bleak, I don’t think it’s going to do well.

The cold reception to Mank is a proof of that.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I think The Power of the Dog and Don’t Look Up fit more in SAG’s taste.

The more I hear about Power of the Dog, the more alarms go off in my head. It just doesn’t sound like an Oscars thing at all. Maybe I’ll be wrong, maybe I’ll eat my words when it premieres, but I have several concerns about this movie.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Nightmare Alley will probably get snubbed in SAG ensemble like The Shape of Water. I’m worried what those new “influencers” joining SAG will do. We might get all 3 Musical ensembles in thanks to them.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

Cast of Brady Corbet’s Vox Lux follow-up ‘The Brutalist’ starring Joel Edgerton, Marion Cotillard, Sebastian Stan, Vanessa Kirby, Mark Rylance, Raffey Cassidy, Stacy Martin & Isaach De Bankolé

Described as an epic saga & unconventional love story between two holocaust survivors.

https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1388221487702700035?s=21

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Guillermo Del Toro winning his 2nd Directing Oscar would fulfill the trend of “Three Amigos” having two awards each for Best Director.

God I hope no.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

The more I hear about Power of the Dog, the more alarms go off in my head. It just doesn’t sound like an Oscars thing at all. Maybe I’ll be wrong, maybe I’ll eat my words when it premieres, but I have several concerns about this movie.

I mean if you’re going to say stuff like that, may as well say more…

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Soggy Bottom has a $40 million budget larger than Phantom Thread, Inherent Vice, and <i>There Will be Blood.</i> I said Soggy Bottom would be the next Inherent Vice but it may be more accessible than one would think thats to the budget and Hollywood subject matter.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The French Dispatch with its 10+ Academy Award nominees will take ensemble.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.