Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Alright, fine, I’ll bump Park Chan-wook for Jane Campion, but if my instincts turn out to be right I’m cutting everyone’s car breaks

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Alright, fine, I’ll bump Park Chan-wook for Jane Campion, but if my instincts turn out to be right I’m cutting everyone’s car breaks

why not both

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Unknown cast, but what about Paolo Sorrentino’s Hand of God? I initially thought that the fact that it’s a foreign film & has an unknown cast would make it a non-factor but I feel like Sorrentino’s been on the rise for a while now. Lots of goodwill from The Young Pope/The New Pope HBO series + The Great Beauty was a foreign language film winner.

I’m tempted to think it’ll be just like Hand of God, but it’s “said to be his most personal film” and set in Naples. Could it be his Roma?

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Jokes on You, I don’t drive.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Ooof. Tough call. Adaptation of another one of my favorite books. My lord what is it with this year?! All these incredible, ground-breaking novels being adapted: Passing, The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter, The Sympathizer. Damn. Never had a year where I’ve had more than one of my personal favorite novels being adapted and all of a sudden there will be 4.

Ima go with both lol (fingers crossed)

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

The Ridley Scott hate train is weird. He’s had major award contenders in the past three decades, potentially soon to be four. Yes, he’s inconsistent when it comes to hitting it with the academy, but most directors are. Steven Spielberg is one of the Academy’s most decorated directors and I still feel more comfortable with predicting The Last Duel or House of Gucci of taking a win over West Side Story.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Soooo when are we getting a prediction center?? It’s never too early

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

To those who have seen CODA: is it good enough to be a contender? The director, Sian Heder, booked her next film: https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadline.com/2021/04/sian-heder-impossible-sarah-lotz-picture-perfect-federation-and-black-label-media-1234746737/amp/

It is an absolute tear-jacker with a great cast. There is always ONE movie from Sundance that goes reasonably well in the Oscar and this year there are a lot of good bets (CODA, Passing, Jockey, Hive, Mass if it had a distributor…) but since CODA won the Audience Award AND the Grand Jury Prize I think there is no reason to NOT predict it.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m actually baffled at the amount of weight some people are putting on Last Night in Soho. Don’t get me wrong, I’m really looking forward to it but it’s certainly not getting acting nominations and a BP nomination a genre film like that seems unlikely… I just think it will be a tech thing with maybe a screenplay nom at most.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Don’t remember if anyone posted here, but:

https://deadline.com/2021/04/amanda-seyfried-movie-a-mouthful-of-air-sony-pictures-worldwide-acquisitions-1234746117/

I’m feeling a lot of goodwill coming from this, and Amanda Seyfried having lost last Supporting Oscar is fresh in people’s minds and will certainly be bumped for this. I mean, look at this still:

amanda seyfried

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Respect should move its release to the fall

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

Did get a BP nominee. The biggest category. Joker also did. Comic book movies are surging. I dont get why you are comparing Black Panther with Joker when I never mentioned DC. Dont tell me youre a DC fanboy in the middle of this. Omg

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Cast of Brady Corbet’s Vox Lux follow-up ‘The Brutalist’ starring Joel Edgerton, Marion Cotillard, Sebastian Stan, Vanessa Kirby, Mark Rylance, Raffey Cassidy, Stacy Martin & Isaach De Bankolé Described as an epic saga & unconventional love story between two holocaust survivors. https://twitter.com/thefilmupdates/status/1388221487702700035?s=21

Vox Lux was quite underrated for me. The fact that he could gather this amount of actors gave me a very high expectation of the script. Perhaps it’s going to be released in 2022/2023, but I’m thrilled.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Don’t remember if anyone posted here, but: https://deadline.com/2021/04/amanda-seyfried-movie-a-mouthful-of-air-sony-pictures-worldwide-acquisitions-1234746117/ I’m feeling a lot of goodwill coming from this, and Amanda Seyfried having lost last Supporting Oscar is fresh in people’s minds and will certainly be bumped for this. I mean, look at this still: amanda seyfried

If it’s up the Academy’s alley and it’s campaigned well enough, I can see her getting in. Idk about winning, depends on whether or not Blonde is their thing. But if those things happen and it’s a well-received film, maybe she could win.

I’d be all for it, Seyfried has gotten far too much shit as an actress and I wanna see her win an Oscar just to prove everyone wrong

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Don’t remember if anyone posted here, but: https://deadline.com/2021/04/amanda-seyfried-movie-a-mouthful-of-air-sony-pictures-worldwide-acquisitions-1234746117/ I’m feeling a lot of goodwill coming from this, and Amanda Seyfried having lost last Supporting Oscar is fresh in people’s minds and will certainly be bumped for this. I mean, look at this still: amanda seyfried

Wow, Sony buying this movie it’s great news for her. The role also sounds pretty baity. I’ll have her in my top 15 for sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.