Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The Northman will win Best Picture à la Gladiator is my no guts no glory early prediction.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Urgh, finding it hard to root for Anya Taylor-Joy, Margot Robbie or Christian Bale ever again seeing as how they are all big stars with many offers who don’t have to work with DOR yet choose to, for some reason.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Urgh, finding it hard to root for Anya Taylor-Joy, Margot Robbie or Christian Bale ever again seeing as how they are all big stars with many offers who don’t have to work with DOR yet choose to, for some reason.

I get Anya signing up to work with him, but I agree that Robbie and Bale don’t need him to boost their careers. Bale is already an Oscar winner and in-demand. Robbie attached herself to Babylon before shooting started for DOR’s film. She could have dropped out. Bale’s involvement is even more baffling because he confronted DOR over his treatment of Amy Adams.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://pro.imdb.com/title/tt11692064?rf=m_cons_tt_btf_cc&ref_=m_cons_tt_btf_cc

So Canterbury Glass apparently has a budget of 250 million ????? This has to be fake.

This is fucking insane.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

https://pro.imdb.com/title/tt11692064?rf=m_cons_tt_btf_cc&ref_=m_cons_tt_btf_cc So Canterbury Glass apparently has a budget of 250 million ????? This has to be fake. This is fucking insane.

You can make Avengers Endgame for that much. There’s no way that’s real.

No one is giving DOR that much for a project like this when the most one of his movies has ever made is 251million (American Hustle).

Profile picture
    AegonsnowVI
    Topics:

Its funny cause I don’t necessarily trust that leak because it is allegedly from a Harry Styles stan who tried to make it look like he/she works for Marvel.

Didn’t the mods say the leak is verified to come from someone who attended the screening?

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Yeah it’s becoming pretty obvious that the entire enterprise is a cynical awards grab for everyone involved and it’s giving me the ick.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

250 million??? There’s no way…

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Anya Taylor-Joy is the cover star of the May 2021 issue of Elle magazine, and there’s a brief mention of her upcoming projects:

Quote: Coming up are more high-profile roles in Edgar Wright’s Last Night in Soho, George Miller’s Furiosa, and Scott Frank’s Vladimir Nabokov adaptation, Laughter in the Dark. “I see her with black hair this time,” Frank says of the film, which is in preproduction.

Source: https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a36086380/anya-taylor-joy-emma-queens-gambit/

Profile picture
    SoniNon
    Topics:

Yeah it’s becoming pretty obvious that the entire enterprise is a cynical awards grab for everyone involved and it’s giving me the ick.

I find it particularly gross from Margot, whose producing work is all about elevating women. But when she wants an award for herself she has no qualms working with men who have been abusive (DOR) or careless (QT) toward women.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I find it particularly gross from Margot, whose producing work is all about elevating women. But when she wants an award for herself she has no qualms working with men who have been abusive (DOR) or careless (QT) toward women.

Yep, she’s talked a lot about how her production company is all about empowering women. She was on the cover of Vogue back in 2019-to promote OUATIH-and she did address the controversy about QT and said she did hesitate before signing on for the film, and ultimately felt better about doing it after he publicly apologized for what happened to Uma Thurman.

DOR is another story because he’s never apologized or owned up to his abusive behavior. She’ll likely be on magazine covers to promote the film. I wonder if she’ll get asked about why she chose to work with him.

Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

My very early ones with my winner in bold:
    BP: Cry Macho, Killers of The Flower Moon, West Side Story, Card Counter, Nightmare Alley, Passing, Cruella, French Dispatch, Don’t Look Up, House of Gucci
    Actor: Leonardo Dicaprio, “Flower Moon” or “Don’t Look Up”/ Adam Driver, “House of Gucci”/ Matt Damon, “Stillwater”/ Anthony Ramos, “In the Heights”/ Denzel Washington, “Macbeth”
    Actress: Frances McDormand, “Macbeth”/Jennifer Hudson, “Respect”/Lady Gaga, “House of Gucci”/Jeniffer Lawrence, “Don’t Look Up”/Rachel Zegler, “West Side Story”
    Supporting Actor: Al Pacino, “House of Gucci”/Idris Elba, “The Harder They Fall”/Bill Murray, “French Dispatch”/Rami Malek, “No Time To Die”/Timothee Chalamet, “The French Dispatch”
    Supporting Actress: Rita Moreno, “West Side Story”/Ariana DeBose, “West Side Story”/Meryl Streep, “Don’t Look Up”/Ruth Negga, “Passinng”/Vera Farmiga, “The Many Saints of Newark”
    DIRECTOR Jane Campion, “The Power of the Dogg”/Rebecca Hall “Passing”/Stephen Spielberg, “West Side Story”/Denis Villanue “Dune”/ Martin Scorsesse, “Killers of The Flower Moon”
    ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Paul Schrader – The Card Counter/Park Chan-wook & Chung Seo-kyung – Decision to Leave/Will Sharpe & Simon Stephensen – The Electric Life of Louis Wain/whoever – “Don’t Look Up”/Paul Thomas Anderson – Soggy Bottom
    ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Killers of The Flower Moon/Cry Macho/Nighmare Alley/Passing/House of Gucci
    COSTUME DESIGN: House of Gucci, West Side Story, In The Heights, Cruella, Coming 2 America
    PRODUCTION DESIGN: The French Dispatch, West Side Story, Dear Evan Hanson, Nightmare Alley, Cruella
    CINEMATOGRAPHY: Dune/Passing/Cruella, The French Dispatch, West Side Story
    FILM EDITING: Passing, West Side Story, Dear Evan Hanson, French Dispatch, In The Heights
    MAKEUP and HAIRSTYLING: House of Gucci, The Many Saints of Newark, Dune, Cruella, West Side Story
    ORIGINAL SCORE: Nightmare Alley, Eternals, Luca, French Dispatch, Cruella
    ORIGINAL SONG: In The Heights, No Time To Die, Four Good Days, Luca, Annette
    SOUND: In The Heights, West Side Story, The Eternals, The Suicide Squad, Cry Macho
    Animated film:Luca/The Boss Baby: Back in Business/Encanto/The Loud House Movie/The Mitchells vs. the Machines
    VISUAL EFFECTS: A Quiet Place Part II, Dune, Eternals, Top Gun: Maverick, Godzilla vs Kong

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Since unusual/not for everyone’s taste/not the comfort zone performances by Mulligan and Bakalova cratared in the sense that they didn’t win except with Critics(Choice), I wouldn’t put too much hope on performances and movies that sound too weird. Such as Annette/Driver. This year is going to be much stronger than the last so lower expectations that such performances will get in.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Since unusual/not for everyone’s taste/not the comfort zone performances by Mulligan and Bakalova cratared in the sense that they didn’t win except with Critics(Choice), I wouldn’t put too much hope on performances and movies that sound too weird. Such as Annette/Driver. This year is going to be much stronger than the last so lower expectations that such performances will get in.

Perhaps. But Driver/Annette does have a few things going for it:

– it looks like the type of very high work rate performance the Academy loves (especially from male actors). All sung, very physical, he dropped a bunch of weight for it

– it’s out of the box for him and we are seeing performances like that pop up in nominations

– Carax could be this year’s indie European director who ends up nominated

All that said it’s been six decades since a male actor won for a musical.

Profile picture
    lhdang2000
    Topics:

I know I’m a few pages late, but I’m very surprised at how many of you said Ben Platt is too old for “Dear Evan Hansen.” I know technically he’s around 27, 28 years old, but I’ve always thought his face looks too young (after shaving). That’s why I couldn’t get into “The Politician” at all. He looks too young to play that part.

Also, if he wins something (maybe Song?) for this, is he the first person to have an EGOT for only one project (DEH)? If anything, I think that’s what will convince voters to not give it to Platt.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.