Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 496 through 508 (of 508 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Apple Land Rights to Tom Hanks Drama “Finch”

Anyone think this could be a serious contender, or will it be like News of the World and get a few craft nods at the most?

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Apple Land Rights to Tom Hanks Drama “Finch” Anyone think this could be a serious contender, or will it be like News of the World and get a few craft nods at the most?

I don’t see this going anywhere tbh.

Hanks’ next real shot at a nomination will be in Supporting Actor for the Elvis biopic.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Anyone think this could be a serious contender, or will it be like News of the World and get a few craft nods at the most?

The premise itself looks to be News of The World meets The Midnight Sky, so no, i’ve absolutely no confidence or hope for this one.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

It’s sci-fi, so it needs to be THAT good to get awards recognition. Given that Universal isn’t interested in releasing it, I think it’ll be merely decent at best.

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Y’all are already so butthurt about Eternals when we haven’t even seen a trailer yet lol it’s too funny lmaoooo

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Bingo. That over half of Hollywood works for them is why Oscar is more likely than Razzie in the future. If you look at awards bodies that gave them thumbs up, PGA (nom), SAG-AFTRA (win), AMPAS (nom) are nothing to sneeze at. They took Marvel seriously once, they will again. Perhaps not Eternals but door is open. I agree that campaign narrative built around Zhao is BS. They won’t nominate her again for this. They know it’s a paycheck job no matter how well it turns out and a waste of nomination. Unless Feige is really delulu that she could win a la Inarritu, he’s very likely just trying to make the movie sound more serious and relevant. But funny thing is, this Eternals hype coming from him gotta make one worder what’s wrong with Black Widow and Shang-chi, too movies coming out before Eternals yet getting no praise from the boss nor meme insider praise. The focus on propping the later release at the expense of the earler ones is amusing.

I think that Shang-Chi more for SAG is!!

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Too early to tell but Variety and THR today have articles similar to the DHD editorial. It seems a lot of people in Hollywood want the Oscars to be More Commercial. Or maybe DHD, THR and Variety are over pannicking

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Too early to tell but Variety and THR today have articles similar to the DHD editorial. It seems a lot of people in Hollywood want the Oscars to be More Commercial. Or maybe DHD, THR and Variety are over pannicking

This season they just need bigger names and bigger films. Both things will happen.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

This season they just need bigger names and bigger films. Both things will happen.

Hopefully the upcoming season will be more engaging. A lot of big films with big names set to be released this year like Don’t Look Up with DiCaprio and Lawrence, House of Gucci with Gaga, Annette with Driver and Cotillard, Spencer with Stewart, The Last Duel, The Northman, Blonde and so many more.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This is why three of the Best Picture nominees will star Anya Taylor-Joy.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The traders (THR, Deadline, Variety) are just doing what they do best: Being shit at their work.

The lack of big films isn’t the reason why the ratings are low. It’s because:
    1) No one wants to watch a boring ass ceremony with rich people aplauding themselves and acting like they should teach us what to do while they work with pricks like David O. Russell and call Harvey Weinstein a god.
    2) No one watches TV anymore, so most of the people just wait until the winner is announced all over the Internet.

People like us are minority, and even us get bothered by these ceremonies.

The pandemic just made it worse for obvious reasons and because most of the movies were delayed and movies like Nomadland, Minari and The Father were impossible to watch at some point. Regular people just go to the theaters next to their homes and see what’s on the menu. They don’t have the patience to search on Internet where the movie is available.

I doubt the Academy members will buy this narrative. In the end it’s all about campaign and promotion, and of course, if the membership actually cares about it, like it has always been.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Not really related to awards season, but Anya Taylor-Joy is hosting SNL on May 22.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The traders (THR, Deadline, Variety) are just doing what they do best: Being shit at their work. The lack of big films isn’t the reason why the ratings are low. It’s because: 1) No one wants to watch a boring ass ceremony with rich people aplauding themselves and acting like they should teach us what to do while they work with pricks like David O. Russell and call Harvey Weinstein a god. 2) No one watches TV anymore, so most of the people just wait until the winner is announced all over the Internet. People like us are minority, and even us get bothered by these ceremonies. The pandemic just made it worse for obvious reasons and because most of the movies were delayed and movies like Nomadland, Minari and The Father were impossible to watch at some point. Regular people just go to the theaters next to their homes and see what’s on the menu. They don’t have the patience to search on Internet where the movie is available. I doubt the Academy members will buy this narrative. In the end it’s all about campaign and promotion, and of course, if the membership actually cares about it, like it has always been.

Couldn’t have said it better!

Not really related to awards season, but Anya Taylor-Joy is hosting SNL on May 22.

This is related to Emmy season.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 13 posts - 496 through 508 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.