Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 508 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
wolfali
George Ehret
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Im praying for Passing and The Power of the Dog sucess award wise, the former is stronger overall and it’s likely can be nominated in all key categories. Passing, othewise, I’m not sure will even land a screenplay nom 🙁

I have Passing in my predictions as the “lone screenplay” contender this year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

I shall read the passing book

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    ESS
    Topics:

All I want is for next year to finally see Kristen Stewart getting her first nomination and Toni Collette to finally win. The latter esp. is the most overdue working actress. Yes, I said that. I do think she’s the most overdue with an impeccable film career from the mid-90s. Muriel, The Sixth Sense, About a Boy, Japanese Story, The Hours, In Her Shoes, Little Miss Sunshine, Hereditary, Knives Out, I’m Thinking of Ending Things…not to mention a bunch of indies like The Dead Girl, Hey, Hey, It’s Esther Blueburger, The Way Way Back….the fact that she is not an Oscar-winner is really upsetting.

Well, she was a critics darling during the 2018 season (along with Colman) despite that grade D in Cinemascore, but suffered due to genre bias (as Lupita would pass thought the following year).

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Because Searchlight already have The French Dispatch and Nightmare Alley.

They could have three contenders.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

It would be wise for Searchlight to delay Next Goal Wins by a year. Thor: Love and Thunder is also coming next year and I think there will be overwhelming good will for Taika thanks to those 2 films that may result in a Best Director win. But then he would be competing with Scorsese again for a directing slot. Though Del Toro, Anderson, and Waiti competing for Searchlight’s directing slot next year is a bloodbath.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Searchlight could theoretically run Next Goal Wins this year but it’s doubtful. They’ve only ever had 2 years with 3 films getting above the line nominations.

2006 – Little Miss Sunshine, Last King of Scotland, Notes on a Scandal
    2014 – The Grand Budapest Hotel, Birdman, Wild

Honourable mention goes to 2007 with Juno, Savages and an Original Song win for Once.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Actor:

1. Adam Driver  (ANNETTE/HOUSE OF GUCCI)
    2. Denzel Washington (THE TRAGEDY OF MACBETH)
    3. Leonardo DiCaprio (DON’T LOOK UP)
    4. Benedict Cumberbatch (THE POWER OF THE DOG)
    5. Oscar Isaac  (THE CARD COUNTER)

Actress

1. Kirsten Dunst (THE POWER OF THE DOG)
    2. Kristen Stewart (SPENCER)
    3. Margot Robbie (CANTERBURY GLASS)
    4. Ana DeArmas (BLONDE)
    5. Jennifer Lawrence (DON’T LOOK UP)

Profile picture
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Topics:

I am hoping that this will be the year that Pixar will creep back into the Best Picture race with Luca. The new trailer looks so good!

I will not be happy until another animated movie gets into Best Picture within my lifetime.

Also I do not think Eternals will be much of a drop in the bucket at the Academy Awards. Black Panther was a fluke IMO. Most people are sick and tired of MCU at this point.

I am sorry for my past behaviour. I am sorry for being a turd. I would like to try and be better.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Here’s my bold prediction for 2022: because movies that were perceived as a frontrunner or even THE frontrunner to win Best Picture have gone home empty-handed despite doing well with nominations for the past couple of years (Chicago 7 this year, Irishman last year), one of Dune, House of Gucci, Nightmare Alley, or West Side Story will suffer the same fate (I include Dune because I expect it will get in based off support with the crafts). Of these four, I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’ll be either House of Gucci or West Side Story.

Oscar winners Emerald Fennell Daniel Kaluuya and Youn Yuh-jung

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

I have Passing in my predictions as the “lone screenplay” contender this year.

Having seen Passing, I think it’s more likely to be a lone Cinematography nominee than a lone Screenplay nominee. The crafts stand out more than the writing

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Having seen Passing, I think it’s more likely to be a lone Cinematography nominee than a lone Screenplay nominee. The crafts stand out more than the writing

But…but..Ruth Negga! I’d cry if she didn’t get nominated, I love this book so much. Can’t wait to watch it.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I have a strong feeling that Canterbury Glass, instead of being Oscar Vehicle for its stars, it will bite its stars (Particularly Bale, JDW and Robbie) in the back. Kinda like A Rainy Day in New York.</p>

A small part of me wanted it to flop lol

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Passing’s strongest feature is Ruth Negga, more so than the cinematography. I doubt she goes unnoticed next awards season.

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

But…but..Ruth Negga! I’d cry if she didn’t get nominated, I love this book so much. Can’t wait to watch it.

She has a better chance than Tessa Thompson, but I really don’t think this movie’s an Oscar contender. Didn’t give me those vibes at all when I watched it.

#StopAsianHate

Profile picture
    George Ehret
    Topics:

Sundance didn’t have a lot of contenders. Mass seems to be the biggest one, but its distributor (I can’t say who it is because the producer told me not to tell anyone) has me worried.

#StopAsianHate

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.