Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Where did you get this information ??

My mistake.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

As more information has come out on the three movies, and with the latest rumor about the narrations for House of Gucci, I feel most confidant about saying Driver gets in for Gucci over Last Duel / Annette.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I don’t think Next Goal Wins is going to come out this year. There have been zero updates on it since it wrapped, and Disney already has a full slate for the fall. I think Dune will be good but I don’t buy it as a BP contender.

At this point I dont buy Next Goal Wins as something that would be Oscar-Competitive, at all. Searchlight already have French Dispatch and Nightmare Alley for this year and they have new Saoirse Ronan movie and Perfect for next year awards season (its reportedly began production in early 2022 so there are possibilities where Perfect would be for 2024 awards season).

And yeah, of course. Armie Hammer

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If Annette is too weird for the Academy but Driver pull off a fantastic performance, I can see them voting for him in House of Gucci or The Last Duel.

Alicia Vikander benefitted a lot from Ex-Machina, in which she got GG and BAFTA nominations. Florence Pugh benefitted from Midsommar to get her nom for Little Women.

About Next Goal Wins, Armie Hammer apparently has just a small cameo in the movie.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

As more information has come out on the three movies, and with the latest rumor about the narrations for House of Gucci, I feel most confidant about saying Driver gets in for Gucci over Last Duel / Annette.

What rumor?

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

What rumor?

It’s rumoured that HoG will break the 4th wall (like wolf of wallstreet for example).

FYC:

Best Screenplay: Never Rarely Sometimes Always (Eliza Hitman)
    Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan ("Never Rarely Sometimes Always")

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

What rumor?

Potential spoilers below

Apparently, it will include front to cam style / breaking the fourth wall narration ala Wolf of Wall Street.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Potential spoilers below . . . Apparently, it will include front to cam style / breaking the fourth wall narration ala Wolf of Wall Street.

Holy shit, this is a terrible decision.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

Apparently, it will include front to cam style / breaking the fourth wall narration ala Wolf of Wall Street.

Wow… that puts a lot of responsibility on the writer!

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Holy shit, this is a terrible decision.

it makes me feel better predicting it for best picture rather than if they took the straight up soap opera drama route.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Potential spoilers below

This is bad, Scorsese and McKay are obviously terrific in doing it, but it doesn’t absolutely fit with Ridley Scott’s more classical style and his general by the numbers approach in filmmaking.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Wow… that puts a lot of responsibility on the writer!

The first time writer. Good luck!

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I don’t think Benedetta will do well at the Oscars but I can see it nabbing the Cannes Best Actress prize.

which country is it imported by?

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The breaking the fourth wall narration for House of Gucci-if it turns out to be true-could backfire. Like someone else already said, it doesn’t fit with Scott’s filmmaking style. I also can’t imagine members of the Gucci family-specifically Alessandra and Allegra-being happy with it if it actually happens in the film.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

The breaking the fourth wall narration for House of Gucci-if it turns out to be true-could backfire. Like someone else already said, it doesn’t fit with Scott’s filmmaking style. I also can’t imagine members of the Gucci family-specifically Alessandra and Allegra-being happy with it if it actually happens in the film.

Without spoiling the plot I actually think this could work really well for the story being told. This kind of thing can always backfire, but if they use it as a device to reveal just how unreliable a narrator Patrizia is, it could be great.

I’m not sure why it would be particularly upsetting to Alessandra and Allegra, at least any more than the fact the movie exists at all, as I sincerely doubt it will be used as a way of making Patrizia sympathetic (given what the production has said about her).

The person who claims to have read the script apparently also said the movie is ‘mostly about Maurizio’ so I doubt it means Patrizia gets more prominence than him.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.