Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Bleecker Street acquired the US rights to Mass. Deadline says a fourth quarter theatrical release is planned: https://deadline.com/2021/05/bleecker-street-picks-up-sundance-film-festival-jason-isaacs-feature-mass-1234751951/

Bye bye Ann Dowd chances :/

George Ehret anticipated this.

Profile picture
    AniAbbina
    Topics:

Am I the only one getting Mommie Dearest vibes from House of Gucci?

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

If O Russel could assemble that cast and crew , then Hollywood obviously doesn’t consider him too toxic for Oscar recognition. There will be some Twitter noise that goes no where and that’ll probably be it

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Mass is going nowhere with that distributor. At best it gets 1 acting nomination which isn’t that unattainable if Bleecker Street focuses their campaign on Dowd or Plimpton. Also why is the film about tragic shootings called Mass? It makes it sound like a film about physics.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Bleecker Street has an awful record—but it’s not impossible for the film to go through the critically-acclaimed route, perhaps especially for Ann Dowd and Martha Plimpton.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Bleecker Street acquired the US rights to Mass. Deadline says a fourth quarter theatrical release is planned: https://deadline.com/2021/05/bleecker-street-picks-up-sundance-film-festival-jason-isaacs-feature-mass-1234751951/

OMG not Bleecker Street….This is exactly what I feared. While precedents are always made to be broken, Bleecker Street has not done well during awards season. Hopefully, the performances will be strong enough to withstand this, but Bleecker Street’s track record is now giving me tons of pause.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You know this based on what, exactly?

Why? Does it have something to do with how the tone turns out or something else?

The principal intention of the BAFTA jury system is to avoid over-awarding starry Hollywood A list led biopics (this is partly why I correctly predicted Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman getting snubbed there this year). In a competitive field like this I don’t see the performers from House of Gucci going far with a jury unless one of them is totally undeniable.

Of course the performance is key but the role is also a factor in these type of decisions.

The film will receive other nominations across the board at BAFTA including Best Film if it ends up being a major contender though.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Bleecker Street has an awful record—but it’s not impossible for the film to go through the critically-acclaimed route, perhaps especially for Ann Dowd and Martha Plimpton.

I will never forgive the Academy if they snub those two for the Gucci caricatures

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Darlings.. what are we going to do to secure Ann Dowd’s Oscar nomination.

Profile picture
    Louis Cypher
    Topics:

It’s definitely the gayest thing Ridley Scott has ever made. Could become a cult classic!

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Da 5 Bloods widely predicted to be a frontrunner and big Oscars contender here after it premiered last summer? It eventually didn’t get a lot of nominations during the awards season, and only got 1 Oscar nomination. Does anyone see this happening with any of the films coming out this year?

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Da 5 Bloods widely predicted to be a frontrunner and big Oscars contender here after it premiered last summer? It eventually didn’t get a lot of nominations during the awards season, and only got 1 Oscar nomination. Does anyone see this happening with any of the films coming out this year?

Da 5 Bloods came out too early and it was a victim of the extended season. I think it would’ve done better in a regular season, but I’m not sure if it would have gotten Best Picture because the movie was too divisive.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Darlings.. what are we going to do to secure Ann Dowd’s Oscar nomination.

Me if the academy snubs her…

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

Harmen Moes, breaking the 4th Wall is having the actor look directly at the audience, that would be YOU, and talking to YOU directly, thus breaking with the traditional “proscenium arch” in a live theater,performance, and in a movie, interrupting the illusion of YOU, the viewer, watching a play, or a film, and making YOU a participant. Got that? Hope so. And as regards this seemingly across the board obsession with “House of Gucci,” it made be a glam conversation piece, and I AM looking forward to it, but there are plenty of other hotly anticipated films to obsess about – “The Northman,” “The Power of the Dog,” Scott’s other film, “The Last Duel,” “The French Dispatch,” “Soggy Bottom,” (please PTA, get rid of that title), “The Tragedy of Macbeth,” and despite the knock on David O’, “Canterberry Tales,” and despite the seeming ambivalence about these two in some quarters, “Nightmare Alley,” and “West Side Story,” and I don’t care if it’s going to be “Oscar friendly” or not, “Blonde.” Not sure about “Last Night in Soho,” but I hope it knocks me sideways. I have a feeling “Annette” will do just that. Leos Carax is a mad genius.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.