Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Anush
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>

In my opinion, big publications like Variety shouldn’t release Oscars 2022 predictions or possible contenders articles at this stage as it only contributes to the buzz of the movies with big names.

</p>
    Yes I Agree too. Wait after the nominations are announced these are the same people who will write articles saying Academy ignored smaller films and diverse nominees. Hypocrisy of the media is unbelievable sometimes.

Profile picture
    paul_kolas
    Topics:

This is in reply to LA26. Like  I said, I’m very much looking forward to “House of Gucci,” and I realize the main draw is seeing Lady Gaga’s followup to “A Star is Born.” I trust Ridley Scott to make a film that is visually gorgeous to look at, and directed with his usual intelligence, craftsmanship and taste. Can you imagine if this had been a Netflix film directed by Ryan Murphy?

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

So “Spencer” apparently has a scene with Diana talking to the ghost of Anne Boleyn? Sounds dreadful

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

So “Spencer” apparently has a scene with Diana talking to the ghost of Anne Boleyn? Sounds dreadful

Where did you hear that? Sounds cheesy as hell.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It was probably a joke related to Kristen Stewart’s 2016 movie Personal Shopper

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Where did you hear that? Sounds cheesy as hell.

The actress who plays the Anne Boleyn character

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/must-read/how-scots-actor-amy-manson-stays-sane-playing-a-supernatural-serial-killer-in-the-nevers-3222659%3famp

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

“it was nice to feel such moments of connection, playing two women who understand each other and the parallels of their universes hundreds of years apart, that they’re women caged, women without a voice”

well………….

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Sometimes good movies are just not worth promoting and this movie has the biggest chance so far to be this year’s case.

I hadn’t made the Rudin connection. That will dent its BP chances you’d think. However, this seems to be A24’s best chance at BP by far next year, so I can’t imagine they won’t promote and campaign it. They’ll probably remove Rudin’s name/ association from the film too, I think it was reported they’d be doing that, so it may not have a massive impact.

I don’t think the Shakespeare element means too much compared to the prestige/ ability of the cast and crew. There haven’t been many very high profile Shakespeare adaptations recently, and I doubt people will really be turned off because it’s Shakespeare. Coen, Washington and McDormand suggests Academy interest to me, although totally understand why people don’t think it will get a BP nom given the amount of competition.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

I hadn’t made the Rudin connection. That will dent its BP chances you’d think. However, this seems to be A24’s best chance at BP by far next year, so I can’t imagine they won’t promote and campaign it. They’ll probably remove Rudin’s name/ association from the film too, I think it was reported they’d be doing that, so it may not have a massive impact. I don’t think the Shakespeare element means too much compared to the prestige/ ability of the cast and crew. There haven’t been many very high profile Shakespeare adaptations recently, and I doubt people will really be turned off because it’s Shakespeare. Coen, Washington and McDormand suggests Academy interest to me, although totally understand why people don’t think it will get a BP nom given the amount of competition.

I think even though they’ve removed Rudin from the film, given the Coens’ close association with him its inevitable that it will come up during promo.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

The actress who plays the Anne Boleyn character https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/must-read/how-scots-actor-amy-manson-stays-sane-playing-a-supernatural-serial-killer-in-the-nevers-3222659%3famp

If anybody can make something like that work it’s Larrain. But most importantly:

Kristen Stewart is phenomenal, just had blinkers on, was very in the moment, very present. She really pushed herself places

She is coming, get ready. Feeling more optmistic about my prediction of her getting that nom, if not a win.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

She is coming, get ready. Feeling more optmistic about my prediction of her getting that nom, if not a win.

I don’t know how Kristen Stewart amassed such a following, but nothing about the ghost of Anne Boleyn and Diana Spencer having a conversation with each other makes me optimistic about the film.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I don’t know how Kristen Stewart amassed such a following, but nothing about the ghost of Anne Boleyn and Diana Spencer having a conversation with each other makes me optimistic about the film.

She didn’t say ghost, it could be just some dream sequence and it’s a minor role. It’s not a big part of the film,  even if the scene turns out to be bad it could easily get cut out of the film.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

I think she’s a fantastic actor and hope she’s great in it, but let’s not take the words of a co-star in the film, who we can assume has only seen Stewart in one scene of said film, months before its release as a sure-fire sign of an awards-worthy performance.

Profile picture
    Igor Alves
    Topics:

I think she’s a fantastic actor and hope she’s great in it, but let’s not take the words of a co-star in the film, who we can assume has only seen Stewart in one scene of said film, months before its release as a sure-fire sign of an awards-worthy performance.

Who said anything about sure-fire though? It’s just a prediction which I’ve had long before.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.