Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

About TTOM, they could hate the film and still nominate Denzel. I remember Denzel got Sole Oscar Nomination for an awful film in the past

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well yes, but that’s his personal life. There’s nothing about him as an actor that gives me the impression he will do a good Charles.

I was joking. I agree with you when it comes to him feeling miscast.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Late to this news: Lily James looks just like young Pamela Anderson in that photos 1 or 2 days ago

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Late to this news: Lily James looks just like young Pamela Anderson in that photos 1 or 2 days ago

Isn’t that a limited series??

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

At this point I think the acting branch will carry Macbeth to a Best Picture nomination. Denzel and Frances are obviously highly lauded by the branch that it might just work. And yeah Frances has insane good will right now. It seems like a film that misses Globes and BAFTA but makes it in pGA then the Oscars. I seriously wonder how Joel’s adaptation will differ than previous adaptions. I’m very skeptical on him making director but if the film is nominated for picture I think Coen would be nominated for director too since the film seems like such an auteur piece (Black & White and all that).

Yeah I agree with this. As long as it’s even half-good Denzel is gonna get it and as he should because he deserves his 3rd Oscar. I don’t think people are clamoring to nominate Frances McDormand necessarily, but I think she’ll do Lady Macbeth really freaking well and people will like the technical skill and because they like her she might get an easy ride to a nomination (or not, because of the crowded field).

At best I think Tragedy of Macbeth goes the Mank route, which is a great route! It got tons of nods, it got Oldman, Seyfried, BP, Director, lots of below the line. But Mank didn’t have much passion for it to win above-the-line. And similarly I just don’t see Tragedy of Macbeth being a film that really moves people—the material is just too overdone.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That’s a television series.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

It’s a Hulu miniseries.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

A ghost of a historical figure in a prestigious drama like Spencer sounds like something coming from an Adam Sandler comedy or Night of the Museum.

I would prefer to watch the ghost of Anne Boleyn appearing to Princess Diana rather than a straightforward historical drama written by Aaron Sorkin.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

What is it about Ridley Scott that makes him finish and release movies quickly? Is it the number of hours the cast and crew work on a day? The total filming days for House of Gucci were 43. When it comes to the film’s reception, I’ll honestly be surprised if it gets 80 or 90 on metacritic. The writer is a newbie, and Scott hasn’t made a universally acclaimed film since The Martian.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

The writer is a newbie, and Scott hasn’t made a universally acclaimed film since The Martian.

To be fair The Martian wasn’t exactly ages ago and he has only directed two films since then – one bad, one medium. As to his speed honestly I don’t know for sure. But I do know that his shooting days are a standard 10 hours as Dariusz Wolski has mentioned it.

Profile picture
    SoniNon
    Topics:

Do you know anything about her role or you’re just guessing? Curious because on IMDb it doesn’t even have a name.

It’s not known what her role is or how big it is. The best guess would be an Ophelia like character, but again, no one knows at all.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

To be fair The Martian wasn’t exactly ages ago and he has only directed two films since then – one bad, one medium.

One was those was an Alien film (which hasn’t produced a good film in decades now), don’t think that should be considered vis-à-vie his Oscar prospects.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

What is it about Ridley Scott that makes him finish and release movies quickly? Is it the number of hours the cast and crew work on a day? The total filming days for House of Gucci were 43. When it comes to the film’s reception, I’ll honestly be surprised if it gets 80 or 90 on metacritic. The writer is a newbie, and Scott hasn’t made a universally acclaimed film since The Martian.

Facts though. I’m still excited for House of Gucci but I was really surprised when Gaga posted that Instagram. They wrapped it up quick.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

One was those was an Alien film (which hasn’t produced a good film in decades now), don’t think that should be considered vis-à-vie his Oscar prospects.

Exactly. Like we all know he’s done some meh movies but ‘he’s not had a true hit since The Martian’ lacks nuance.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Blue Bayou looks actually really good. I think this could end up being one of our indie contenders/critics pick this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.