Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Regardless of this supposed early campaigning, the competition in Lead Actor will be packed, so I don’t think Cooper will get in.

Btw Bradley Cooper having four Oscar Acting nominations like Joaquin Phoenix, Christian Bale, and even Brad Pitt is pretty ridiculous.

I’ll never understand the Academy’s obsession with this guy when they continously snub an actor of the caliber of Jake Gyllenhaal.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Regardless of this supposed early campaigning, the competition in Lead Actor will be packed, so I don’t think Cooper will get in. Btw Bradley Cooper having four Oscar Acting nominations like Phoenix, Bale, and even Pitt is pretty ridiculous. I’ll never understand the Academy’s obsession with this guy when they continously snub an actor of the caliber of Jake Gyllenhaal.

I’ve said this several times but I really don’t rate Cooper as an actor as much as others seem to. The only nomination (acting) he deserved was ASIB.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I’ve said this several times but I really don’t rate Cooper as an actor as much as others seem to. The only nomination (acting) he deserved was ASIB.

Completely agree. Before American Sniper, he wasn’t an A-lister and wasn’t really taken seriously as an actor. He had been known mainly for the Hangover movies. In terms of his career, American Sniper changed things for him.

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

People have already said this but Best Actress is massively stacked this year.

SO many different actresses have a great chance of getting a nom this year just

For me all 17 of these women, I think, could all make a very strong case for a Best Actress nom:

Jennifer Hudson – Respect

Lady Gaga – House of Gucci

Kristen Stewart – Spencer

Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog

Martha Plimpton – Mass

Ana De Armas – Blonde

Nicole Kidman – Being the Ricardos

Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth

Margot Robbie – Canterbury Glass

Cate Blanchett – Nightmare Alley

Tessa Thompson – Passing

Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up/Red, White, and Water

Halle Berry – Bruised

Glenn Close – Sunset Boulevard

Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Rachel Zegler – West Side Story

Amanda Seyfried – A Mouthful of Air

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Completely agree. Before American Sniper, he wasn’t an A-lister and wasn’t really taken seriously as an actor. He had been known mainly for the Hangover movies. In terms of his career, American Sniper changed things for him.

I mean he did have Silver Linings Playbook in 2012 before that and even though Jlaw and De Niro’s performances were probably better, he was acclaimed for his role. But yeah I agree with you prior to the 2010s he was mainly known for comedies.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Are Don’t Worry Darling and Last Night in Soho the only mystery/thriller films coming out this year? (Death on the Nile got delayed to next year).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is Being the Ricardos even coming out this year?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Not to play devil’s advocate here… but pulling 3 stills from a movie and saying it looks amazing is ignoring 99% of what makes a movie work or not. there are notoriously gorgeous-looking films that suck. and vice-versa. so if we are talking purely about visuals, yes, it “looks” nice. but a misty shot of a river, a Wong-Kar-Wai-ish party scene and a mirror shot don’t do much in terms of narrative prowess.

All they said was they were excited to see the movie because of the shots. This response is so dramatic lmfao

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Regardless of this supposed early campaigning, the competition in Lead Actor will be packed, so I don’t think Cooper will get in. Btw Bradley Cooper having four Oscar Acting nominations like Phoenix, Bale, and even Pitt is pretty ridiculous. I’ll never understand the Academy’s obsession with this guy when they continously snub an actor of the caliber of Jake Gyllenhaal.

Is Cooper not Supporting Actor for Nightmare Alley?

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Is Cooper not Supporting Actor for Nightmare Alley?

He’s THE lead of the film

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Are Don’t Worry Darling and Last Night in Soho the only mystery/thriller films coming out this year? (Death on the Nile got delayed to next year).

And Those Who Wish Me Dead with Angelina Jolie and directed by Taylor Sheridan

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

He’s THE lead of the film

I saw an Oscars 2021 Predictions May yesterday and Bradley Cooper was at Supporting Actor for the role in the movie Nightmare Alley!!

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

I saw an Oscars 2021 Predictions May yesterday and Bradley Cooper was at Supporting Actor for the role in the movie Nightmare Alley!!

Yeah, they are wrong, the story is about him. If he gets a Supporting nomination this year, it will be for Soggy Bottom.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

Is Being the Ricardos even coming out this year?

Its probably coming out for 2023 season?

If it is then it will be another day of full of early contenders for best actress category.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’ll never understand the Academy’s obsession with this guy when they continously snub an actor of the caliber of Jake Gyllenhaal.

It’s not an obsession. he was in the movies that ended up nominated and were AMPAS thing. 2 DOR movies, 1 Eastwood, 1 self-directed based on a classic. No mystery.

Jake isn’t that consistent with his career choices and the closest he came to a nom was Nightcrawler that wasn’t an AMPAS thing in the end. It was too small and he was an also-run only so the most vulnerable type of nominee. And he missed because American Sniper was too big to ignore. No mystery just how AMPAS minds work.

What was Jake’s last attempt at awards, that double amputee movie? Desperate. Cooper’s campaigning for ASIB (director) may have been desperate but his acting choices are not.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.