Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Its funny to see how people attacking ScarJo stance here, while She is one of few people in entertainment industry with common sense to not lecture general public and influence general public in political view. Of course she wouldnt give a fuck to woke culture and she has her own take on Allen that may differs from most of her peers, which might be questionable but she is genuine in her stance, at least.</p>

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The controversies aside am I the only one seeing this as a silver lining for the award season? This is actually very good for some of these out of the box artsy picks like AnnetteLast Night in Soho and The Northman and some of these smaller indie films like Blue Bayou because it sort of levels the visibility playing field (at least for something like Blue Bayou) and means that they have less of a chance of being overshadowed by more conventional productions (i.e. Nyong’o missing for Erivo, The Farewell under-performing significantly, If Beale Street performing worse than Bohemian Rhapsody).

The films this does hurt though are Canterbury Glass and Don’t Look Up. If they get polarising receptions they’re not going to be propelled by headlines of some massive Globe over-performance or helped by Christian Bale delivering a viral speech about Satan.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

No.

Not that it matters but whether you agree or not, those 3 Globes trophy are the only ones that he got apart from the Scientology Medal of Valor which he has yet to return and denounce. Tom Cruise has zero Oscars, BAFTA and SAG so ofcourse it is bold for him to give up the only major (televised) awards that he collected.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Tom Cruise returned three Golden Globes in protest against the HFPA: https://deadline.com/2021/05/tom-cruise-returns-golden-globe-trophies-three-join-protest-jerry-maguire-born-on-the-fourth-of-july-magnolia-protest-1234753324/

When Tom Cruise, Baron of Scientology, doesn’t want to be associated with the HFPA, you know that organization is absolutely fucked.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

The films this does hurt though are Canterbury Glass and Don’t Look Up. If they get polarising receptions they’re not going to be propelled by headlines of some massive Globe over-performance

We won so hard! DOR and McKay mediocre writing shutout please.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

The films this does hurt though are Canterbury Glass and Don’t Look Up. If they get polarising receptions they’re not going to be propelled by headlines of some massive Globe over-performance or helped by Christian Bale delivering a viral speech about Satan.

No, I actually think those films, especially Don’t Look Up, will benefit from SAG, since this guild always prioritizes ensemble films.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I feel like Canterbury Glass is either going to be like A Rainy Day in New York (Star studded project hampered by controversies) or Collateral Beauty (Miserably failed Oscar bait with Star-studded ensemble).</p>

Shit i feel like im a jerk but i dont know why, i wanted it to flopped so bad eventhough i adore most of the cast members

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

The GG cancellation will most hurt the musicals like Dear Evan Hansen, In the Heights, Cyrano, and Tick Tick…Boom.

Canterbury Glass, West Side Story, The French Dispatch  and Don’t Look Up will be fine.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

I don’t know why pundits and alike are so high on Canterbury Glass. It’s gonna be the biggest (and most deserved) flop of the season.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I don’t know why pundits and alike are so high on Canterbury Glass. It’s gonna be the biggest (and most deserved) flop of the season.

Because it has a monster ensemble (acting wise and behind the scenes) and DOR has made mostly well-reviewed baity films. It could flop but on paper its a top contender.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

The controversies aside am I the only one seeing this as a silver lining for the award season? This is actually very good for some of these out of the box artsy picks like Annette, Last Night in Soho and The Northman and some of these smaller indie films like Blue Bayou because it sort of levels the visibility playing field (at least for something like Blue Bayou) and means that they have less of a chance of being overshadowed by more conventional productions (i.e. Nyong’o missing for Erivo, The Farewell under-performing significantly, If Beale Street performing worse than Bohemian Rhapsody). The films this does hurt though are Canterbury Glass and Don’t Look Up. If they get polarising receptions they’re not going to be propelled by headlines of some massive Globe over-performance or helped by Christian Bale delivering a viral speech about Satan.

I doubt it. This gives All the Power to SAGs, DGAs and PGAs. Now, the Oscars will follow more closely the results of SAGs, DGAs and PGAs

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

So just bcs nbc isnt airing it..it doesn’t mean its cancelled??

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really do not see why the academy will want to attract the headlines of DOR getting an individual nomination when for the past few years Hollywood has been promoting this image of making a response to sexual abuse and harassment within the industry. Don’t get me wrong I still think the actors can very easily get nominated (provided it’s not a dud). Hell Margot could even win! But this is the same academy who nominated a film about sexual harassment for multiple top Oscars that won a key Oscar and was likely 3rd in Picture this year. The only reason Bombshell managed to pull through nomination wise was because actors gravitated to its depiction of its subject matter.

I don’t personally think the industry has achieved full change but the narrative has shifted quite dramatically. This isn’t 2003 or 2012 where Woody Allen and Roman Polanski could get nominated in spite of controversy. We’re in a time in which performers (rightfully) walk out of the Caesars when Roman Polanski is winning or getting nominated for awards. Is the academy really going to want those type of images to occur next year? With a combination of that and how the writers branch have been more ambitious post Green Book (who knows it might be an unconscious reaction to that win lol) I find it hard to see a Screenplay nomination for Canterbury Glass. Sure a film with Robbie and Bale as the “leads” is baity enough for academy voters but it’s not as if every single one of their Oscar bait films have landed them nominations (even as they’ve made it as far as SAG) or all their vehicles have been across the board players.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I know this is a very complex question, but I’m gonna ask for shits and giggles (and to help my own predictions): who do you think is the frontrunner in each category right now? Like, if the Oscars 2022 predictions center opened up right now, who would you have in first? No answer is wrong!

•Picture: The French Dispatch (not confident in this)

•Director: Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch

•Actor: Denzel Washington, Tragedy of Macbeth

•Actress: Ana de Armas, Blonde (also not confident)

•Supporting Actor: Bradley Cooper, Untitled PTA
    (I’m keeping an eye out for Willem Dafoe for any of his projects and also Adam Driver for The Last Duel, too).

•Supporting Actress: Toni Collette, Nightmare Alley
    (Perhaps I don’t necessarily think she’s the frontrunner and it’s moreso that I’m hopedicting after her horrific Hereditary snub. But I do think she has a good chance. I’m also keeping an eye out for Ruth Negga is Passing and Ann Dowd in Mass. The only supporting actress contender I’ve seen so far is Olga Merediz in In the Heights and she is exemplary, so I think she can pull off a nomination, as well.)

•Original Screenplay: Wes Anderson, The French Dispatch (I’m not confident he can pull off wins in Picture, Director, AND Screenplay, but who knows?)

•Adapted Screenplay: Jon Spaihts, Denis Villeneuve, and Eric Roth, Dune
    (I also think House of Gucci could pull this off, but I feel Dune might be a little stronger overall.)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

PictureThe French Dispatch
    Director: Wes Anderson – The French Dispatch
    Actor: Denzel Washington – The Tragedy of MacBeth
    Actress: Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Supporting Actor: Bradley Cooper – Soggy Bottom
    Supporting Actress: Anya Taylor Joy – Last Night in Soho
    Original Screenplay: Wes Anderson – The French Dispatch
    Adapted Screenplay: Jane Campion – The Power of the Dog

I can’t see Wes Anderson winning 3 Oscars at the same night so that will probably change.

If The Northman is a hit then I can see Robert Eggers in the radar.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.