Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

BEST PICTURE CODA Don’t Look Up Dune Eternals House Of Gucci In The Heights Killers Of The Flower Moon Mass Nightmare Alley Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Movie BEST DIRECTOR Paul Thomas Anderson – Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Movie John M. Chu – In The Heights Martin Scorsese – Killers Of The Flower Moon Ridley Scott – House Of Gucci Chloe Zhao – Eternals BEST ACTOR Leonardo DiCaprio – Don’t Look Up Peter Dinklage – Cyrano Adam Driver – House Of Gucci Jason Isaacs – Mass Denzel Washington – The Tragedy Of Macbeth BEST ACTRESS Ana de Armas – Blonde Lady Gaga – House Of Gucci Jennifer Hudson – Respect Jennifer Lawrence – Don’t Look Up Amanda Seyfried – A Mouthful Of Air BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR Bradley Cooper – Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Movie Robert DeNiro – Killers Of The Flower Moon Oscar Isaac – Dune Al Pacino – House Of Gucci Jesse Plemons – Killers Of The Flower Moon BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS Ann Dowd – Mass Salma Hayek – House Of Gucci Marlee Matlin – CODA Meryl Streep – Don’t Look Up Anya Taylor-Joy – Last Night In Soho BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY Don’t Look Up The French Dispatch Mass Nine Days Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Movie BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY Eternals House Of Gucci In The Heights Killers Of The Flower Moon Nightmare Alley BEST FILM EDITING Don’t Look Up Eternals House Of Gucci In The Heights Killers Of The Flower Moon BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY The French Dispatch Eternals In The Heights Killers Of The Flower Moon The Tragedy Of Macbeth BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN Cyrano Dune The French Dispatch In The Heights Nightmare Alley BEST COSTUME DESIGN Cruella Cyrano Eternals The French Dispatch Last Night In Soho BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING Blonde Dune The French Dispatch House Of Gucci Respect BEST VISUAL EFFECTS Dune Eternals The Matrix 4 Nine Days Three Thousand Years Of Longing BEST ORIGINAL SCORE Dune Eternals The French Dispatch Nightmare Alley Nine Days BEST ORIGINAL SONG “???” – Encanto “???” – In The Heights “No Time To Die” – No Time To Die “???” – Top Gun: Maverick “???” – West Side Story BEST SOUND Dune Eternals In The Heights Killers Of The Flower Moon Nine Days BEST ANIMATED FEATURE Encanto Luca The Mitchells vs The Machines Raya And The Last Dragon Wendell And Wild

Lmao, why do you guys have so much faith with the Don’t look up acting nominations ???

Profile picture
    Irvin Malcolm Contreras
    Topics:

If Killers of the Flower Moon is released this year, pencil in Lily Gladstone and Robert De Niro in for acting prizes. Having read the book, I say they have the most awards potential, juiciest roles in the film, well, depending on how they adapt it.

Profile picture
    Red
    Topics:

Discussing Film did early predictions and breakdowns of their picks

https://discussingfilm.net/2021/05/10/the-awards-report-predicting-the-2022-oscars/

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

If Killers of the Flower Moon is released this year, pencil in Lily Gladstone and Robert De Niro in for acting prizes. Having read the book, I say they have the most awards potential, juiciest roles in the film, well, depending on how they adapt it.

It won’t, it only just started filming and is shooting until the autumn.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Entertainment Weekly has a first look at Tom McCarthy’s Stillwater: https://ew.com/movies/matt-damon-stillwater-first-look/

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

The controversies aside am I the only one seeing this as a silver lining for the award season? This is actually very good for some of these out of the box artsy picks like Annette, Last Night in Soho and The Northman and some of these smaller indie films like Blue Bayou because it sort of levels the visibility playing field (at least for something like Blue Bayou) and means that they have less of a chance of being overshadowed by more conventional productions (i.e. Nyong’o missing for Erivo, The Farewell under-performing significantly, If Beale Street performing worse than Bohemian Rhapsody). The films this does hurt though are Canterbury Glass and Don’t Look Up. If they get polarising receptions they’re not going to be propelled by headlines of some massive Globe over-performance or helped by Christian Bale delivering a viral speech about Satan.

I hope for Don’t Look Up the screenplay just like Lupita Nyongo. And the screenplay for Canterbury Glass just like If Beale Street Could Talk.

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

The controversies aside am I the only one seeing this as a silver lining for the award season? This is actually very good for some of these out of the box artsy picks like Annette, Last Night in Soho and The Northman and some of these smaller indie films like Blue Bayou because it sort of levels the visibility playing field (at least for something like Blue Bayou) and means that they have less of a chance of being overshadowed by more conventional productions (i.e. Nyong’o missing for Erivo, The Farewell under-performing significantly, If Beale Street performing worse than Bohemian Rhapsody).

The films this does hurt though are Canterbury Glass and Don’t Look Up. If they get polarising receptions they’re not going to be propelled by headlines of some massive Globe over-performance or helped by Christian Bale delivering a viral speech about Satan.

It can go either way. It definitely hurts the comedy contenders, but there are some indie contenders that have been helped by the Globes. Of those cases you mention, if anthing The Farewell was helped by them getting two noms and a win for actress, and without the Globes, Regina wouldn’t have gotten any major award (and they nominated the movie for Drama)

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Discussing Film did early predictions and breakdowns of their picks https://discussingfilm.net/2021/05/10/the-awards-report-predicting-the-2022-oscars/

Interesting. I’m excited to see Ana de Armas in Blonde, but I’m not confident in predicting a nomination for her. I don’t think Rachel Zegler is getting in. I’m also not confident in predicting a nomination for Kristen Stewart. I’m not sure about Being the Ricardos being a BP contender because they’re still shooting and it doesn’t have a release date. I’m pretty sure Margot Robbie is the female lead of DOR’s film and not supporting, while Adam Driver is supporting in TLD. The Whale wrapped, but is it getting released this year?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

With Emily In Paris now officially destroying the HFPA, A24 would be fools not to push Brendan Fraser for The Whale.

The narratives (and assuming excellent performance) is literally right there

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

With Emily In Paris now officially destroying the HFPA, A24 would be fools not to push Brendan Fraser for The Whale.

The narratives (and assuming excellent performance) is literally right there

What is the relationship?

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

HOUSE OF GUCCI is extreme and crazy like The Wolf of Wall Street and that could be very bad news for Oscars.

Eh? WOWS got bucketload of above the line nominations (Picture, Director, Actor, Sup. Actor, Sup. Actress, etc) so how’s that bad? Because it didn’t win?It was also a big boxoffice hit.

THE LAST DUEL has more chances at the Oscars. THE LAST DUEL is old school like GLADIATOR. After the worst Ratings Ever, Probably the Oscars want something old school like THE LAST DUEL

TLD is hardly comparable to Gladiator outside of the same director. How it will be received hangs on how #metoo subject is handled. It also sounds less entertaining than Gladiator which had Russell Crowe fight tigers.  It also has a tough release date between Bond and Halloween. So if Oscars are looking for ratings than maybe awarding Picture to No Time to Die or Eternals or Spiderman No Way Home is a better idea. Those are guaranteed to be hits and Marvel ones are guaranteed to have positive if not raptorous reviews.

I’m also curious why TLD acting predictions are all about Comer/Driver and zilch about Damon. is it his LOLtastic haircut?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What is the relationship?

It’s Darren Arronsky’s new film with Fraser in the starring role.

It relates the destruction of the Globes as Fraser was groped by the former president of the organisation.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Louis Cypher
    Topics:

has anyone read any of the potential 2022 screenplays? Nightmare Alley, Gucci, Power of the Dog, Soggy Bottom…

Profile picture
    lolo's
    Topics:

It’s Darren Arronsky’s new film with Fraser in the starring role.

It relates the destruction of the Globes as Fraser was groped by the former president of the organisation.

I didn’t remember about the Fraser/Globes situation! They indeed have a long history of scandals…

It’ll def be a talking point for him during promotion of the movie

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I know that Stillwater isnt really that in awards radar.

But lowkey i wanted to see Abigail Breslin comeback

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.