Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 517 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Eh? WOWS got bucketload of above the line nominations (Picture, Director, Actor, Sup. Actor, Sup. Actress, etc) so how’s that bad? Because it didn’t win?It was also a big boxoffice hit.

Yeah I’m baffled by the idea that a WOWS performance for HoG would be bad. Yeah maybe five nominations was an underperformance for that film, but they were all above the line and let’s be honest it should have won at least one of them (diCaprio).

And unless it’s awful it’s not much of a stretch that HoG matches WOWS with two acting noms, directing, picture and adapted screenplay.

I’m also curious why TLD acting predictions are all about Comer/Driver and zilch about Damon. is it his LOLtastic haircut?

I think it’s because both of their roles are likely more challenging than Damon’s, and in that interview he did Dariusz Wolski singled them out.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:
    JV
    Topics:

The Green Knight trailer

https://mobile.twitter.com/A24/status/1392101936506175490

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

The Green Knight trailer https://mobile.twitter.com/A24/status/1392101936506175490

Im wet.

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

Best Picture: The Last Duel
    Best Director: Jane Campion – The Power of the Dog
    Best Lead Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch – The Power of the Dog
    Best Lead Actress: Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    Best Supporting Actor: Richard Jenkins – Nightmare Alley
    Best Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga – Passing
    Best Original Screenplay: George Miller – Three Thousand Years of Longing
    Best Adapted Screenplay: Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Nicole Holofcener – The Last Duel

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Trailer for Stillwater: https://deadline.com/video/stillwater-trailer-matt-damon-save-his-daughter/

Pretty certain that movie ain’t going anywhere near the Oscars imo. Also did they forget Abigail Breslin is an Academy Award nominee too lmao.

FYC:

Best Screenplay: Never Rarely Sometimes Always (Eliza Hitman)
    Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan ("Never Rarely Sometimes Always")

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I still have no idea why people are slotting Kirsten Dunst in Supporting Actress. Like…yes, Cumberbatch is technically the lead lead, but she’s the female lead, most definitely the most important role after Cumberbatch’s, and the person who sets the story in motion. In The Piano, it’s Holly Hunter’s show but Harvey Keitel was campaigned for Best Leading Actor. It happens literally all the time.

No idea why they’d place her in Supporting if they think they can get nods for Thomasin McKenzie and/or Frances Conroy as well.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

BEST PICTURE

CODA

Don’t Look Up

Dune

Eternals

House Of Gucci

In The Heights

Killers Of The Flower Moon

Mass

Nightmare Alley

Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Movie

I don’t think “Killers of the Flower Moon” is coming this season but if it did I would absolutely consider Lily Gladstone in the supporting category.

Profile picture
    vinichelsea
    Topics:

The Green Knight trailer

https://mobile.twitter.com/A24/status/1392101936506175490

This looks so unnecessarily expensive and not-A24ish, I wonder what A24 wants to do with this.

Profile picture
    Tomy Harrison
    Topics:

I don’t think Ana de Armas is front runner, she is at the moment, but I think her steam won’t be that powerful:

1) She’s playing a role that has been filmed so many times and even if it’s an icon, we don’t know how her translation of Marylin Monroe will be.

2) We haven’t seen more pictures/progress of her film since this pandemic hit. (Of course everyone will say “will what can they do” at least provide different bts moments that will attract more audiences)

3) Michelle Williams played the icon and it earned her a nomination about 10 years ago, I doubt the Academy will nominate a repeated role that got the first nomination already, especially if it’s still too soon. (However the Billie Holliday and Rocky roles got multiple nominations but the first performances and the second was different: in addition, with the time span and how well it aged)

4) Some are saying that her movie might not have the spotlight monologue that shows off her range and ability.

5) She might not be a lead and might be a in between lead/supporting because based on what the director describes, it might be a more like a fictional interview with those who were close to Marylin and have flashback moments about everything that happened to her.

I don’t know I could be wrong but we will have to wait and see.

Profile picture
    fannie cannie
    Topics:

Why isn’t anyone talking about Claire Foy in The Electrical Life of Louis Wain (Amazon) ???

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”></span>

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

I actually think the Blonde being a Netflix film really hurts Ana de Armas chances of winning. Biopics are those type of films that play best in theaters since they are typically crowdpleasers and make a lot of money. The Theory of Everything, The Darkest Hour, and even The Iron Lady made more than $100 million. Biopics just draw the general public in to pay to see them in theaters by an overwhelming margin. These type of films attract the older bunch of the Academy the most and they are still very much against streaming services over theatrical run films. All of those biopics were by the numbers too that the older Academy ate.. And we all know about Blonde’s experimental features based on early reactions from the screenplay.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why isn’t anyone talking about Claire Foy in The Electrical Life of Louis Wain (Amazon) ??? <span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”></span>

We most certainly are talking about the 4 time BAFTA nominee and Emmy winner!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Trailer for Stillwater: https://deadline.com/video/stillwater-trailer-matt-damon-save-his-daughter/

This is obviously going nowhere.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

I actually think the Blonde being a Netflix film really hurts Ana de Armas chances of winning. Biopics are those type of films that play best in theaters since they are typically crowdpleasers and make a lot of money. The Theory of Everything, The Darkest Hour, and even The Iron Lady made more than $100 million. Biopics just draw the general public in to pay to see them in theaters by an overwhelming margin. These type of films attract the older bunch of the Academy the most and they are still very much against streaming services over theatrical run films. All of those biopics were by the numbers too that the older Academy ate.. And we all know about Blonde’s experimental features based on early reactions from the screenplay.

Agreed. That reminds me I, Tonya was an unconventional biopic that almost went to Netflix but the producers preferred a theatrical studio so it went to Neon.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.