Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 517 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Does it? He didn’t make Gucci with them either.

I think it’s because he already had a deal with 20th century that expired, and then made a television deal with Apple.

Here’s a quote about the deals from Deadline: “Scott Free’s deal with 20th Century Studios obliged him to show it there last fall, but it became free and clear towards year end, and a world rights deal closed within the past two weeks at Apple Studios, where Scott Free has its first look deal for television projects.”

The full article: https://deadline.com/2021/01/napoleon-movie-joaquin-phoenix-ridley-scott-apple-studios-kitbag-1234672742/

Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

But the Apple deal is not a full acquisition. Just like with On the rocks, A24 will handle Macbeth’s theatrical release. Apple simply purchased streaming rights. It makes the film stronger with two studios supporting its campaign imo.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

But the Apple deal is not a full acquisition. Just like with On the rocks, A24 will handle Macbeth’s theatrical release. Apple simply purchased streaming rights. It makes the film stronger with two studios supporting its campaign imo.

I think Apple is going to campaign, like Hulu campaigned Palm Springs after they acquired it from Neon.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Confirmation that Red White and Water is reshooting. (scroll down, it’s listed as ‘Untitled Soldier Project’.

Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

Apple acquires Macbeth

Do y’all think this hurts CODA’s chances in any way because Apple will now probably put more focus on ‘Macbeth’?

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

With an Apple acquisition, it looks like A24 will go full throttle with their Macbeth campaign aided by Apple of course. Like Hulu did with Nomadland And if Macbeth somehow flops then A24 would move on to C’mon C’mon or to whatever other contender they have.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Omg, yes, can’t wait to see Frances McDormand getting another undeserved Oscar.

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Do y’all think this hurts CODA’s chances in any way because Apple will now probably put more focus on ‘Macbeth’?

I never bought CODA as an Oscar contender after seeing it at Sundance. It will just be another On the Rocks albeit more audience friendly.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Confirmation that Red White and Water is reshooting. (scroll down, it’s listed as ‘Untitled Soldier Project’.

Given it’s an indie with presumably a small budget and a short original shoot, two entire weeks of reshoots is not at all a good sign. They’re basically reshooting half the movie.

Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Im not writing off anything since everythimg could happen. I remember how PYW (and Mulligan) was Written off early on due to the edginess and unconventionality.</p>

Also its normal to talk and hype up the movies we excited about. If people could talk about or hyped up Macbeth or Gucci all the time, then people also entitled to hype up other movies as well. Its personal preference, after all

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If I had read the script of The Favourite or Parasite in advance I also would thought that they wouldn’t be an Oscar contender. Sometimes it just looks better on the big screen.

This!

Also there are so many weird films this year (Annette, Blonde, even Spencer with that weird Anne Boleyn ghost thing). As Gorman said Last Night in Soho has strong potential to be the weird crowdpleasing film that breaks through this year (it has a director whose last film was a blockbuster hit and stars the lead of Netflix’s biggest limited series ever).

I’m not ruling it out until we see actual reactions to the film itself. Especially when it has such a good release date and a distributor who practically gets at least one acting nomination a year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

I never bought CODA as an Oscar contender after seeing it at Sundance. It will just be another On the Rocks albeit more audience friendly.

why did they pay so much for it then 😭 I agree, I don’t see as a big contender

my Lawrence prediction aged like milk…

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

I think the only reason Apple paid so much for CODA is because they were outbidding other studios.

FYC:

Best Screenplay: Never Rarely Sometimes Always (Eliza Hitman)
    Best Actress: Sidney Flanigan ("Never Rarely Sometimes Always")

Profile picture
    Croman
    Topics:

Marlee Matlin is this year’s Bill Murray.

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

At this point, what is Apple waiting for to buy A24? It seems bound to happen at some point.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 517 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.