Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 297 total)
Created
6 days ago
Last Reply
21 mins ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
schmids
LA26
  • Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

LOL, they did it Fuck the Academy. https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1389672020003205120

This sounds…kinda boring?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

LOL, they did it Fuck the Academy. https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1389672020003205120

This is why you should not make Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal wait.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

Florence Welch is releasing a soundtrack for Cruella! Love her even if I think the movie is not gonna be great https://twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1389499704992583681?s=20

I think the movie is going to be a lotta fun. Can’t wait. Also, Florence is writting a Great Gatsby musical

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I think Cruella will be a respected contender. Not a big contender, but Cruella is giving a lotta Oscars vibes and looks. I know 100% Emma Stone won’t be considered, but I would just give her Best Actress just by the trailers. Or a nom at least. But…not happening.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>People are already saying shit (pretty common shit in this forum) but all bets are off.</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>What is people predicting After Yang for ?</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Cruella will get craft nominations and nothing else.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

I think it’s possible they have, McKenzie is one of the foremost rising stars at the moment so I could see her having a more fleshed out character than a minor role in the source might suggest. Whether that’s enough to get a nod I don’t know, but either way I imagine she won’t be relegated to a nothing role.

Kinda like Cate Blanchett’s character in Nightmare Alley, but lets see.

On separate note, I think McKenzie just cancelled herself for this year’s race for her own good due to her recent casting as Kerri Strugg. It looks like it will be more juicy and baity than anything she does in this year’s releases.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Unless they’ve rewritten that role substantially, it’s a total nothing character in the book.

This has been discussed in every thread leading up to now. I couldn’t even remember the character in the book and had to go back. It’s not just a nothing/background character, it’s literally a cameo based on the book, and I don’t think they would have cast Thomasin McKenzie for a cameo (or that she would have accepted).

This alongside the fact that Kirsten Dunst’s character’s first husband isn’t cast + McKenzie’s character interacts only with Dunst’s means it’s highly likely Campion is cutting out the early part of that arc and heavily beefing up Dunst and McKenzie’s characters.

There’s a lot of things you can tell about Campion’s changes to the script just based off the cast and crew imo. Conroy has a bigger supporting role in the book (and a very good one), but I would not be surprised at all if McKenzie turns out to have to have more screen time. Although, goddam Frances Conroy is a TREASURE, why does she never get recognition!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Cruella will get craft nominations and nothing else.

It won’t get any. Those categories will be a bloodbath.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I think I have found a contender for International feature…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Doris Day music “Perhaps, Perhaps” from the Cruella Trailer is just amazing. Fits Cruella De Vil so well</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

James Gray’s Armageddon Time is stacked. Anne Hathaway, Robert De Niro, Oscar Isaac and Cate Blanchett. Sounds amazing. Looks strong

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miguel Alves
    Topics:

Sorkin is back baby. Being The Ricardos. People hate him because…something. Idk.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Arman Saxena
    Topics:

James Gray’s Armageddon Time is stacked. Anne Hathaway, Robert De Niro, Oscar Isaac and Cate Blanchett. Sounds amazing. Looks strong

Probably going to come out 2022 though

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Sorkin is back baby.

This is what people said for <i>Trial of Chicago 7.</i>

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 297 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.