Home Forums Movies Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 514 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
LA26
crabbie
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m not as all in on the Benedetta trailer as the quoted comment is but they did nominate Elle for Best Actress, and it did great at the Globes and also got two BAFTA nods, so maybe there’s a shifting tide there and he’s getting some late-career voter recognition.

Elle had Isabelle Huppert.

Benedetta is a three hours long movie about lesbians nuns and full of nude and sex scenes. If Blue is the Warmest Color was ignored (deservedly so) I can’t see Benedetta going anywhere near the Oscars.

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

Elle had Isabelle Huppert. Benedetta is a three hours long movie about lesbians nuns and full of nude and sex scenes. If Blue is the Warmest Color was ignored (deservedly so) I can’t see Benedetta going anywhere near the Oscars.

Neither can I really, I was just making the case. If we’re assuming Huppert got in on stature as well as performance quality, you could just make the case Rampling might get in for Supporting here, rather than Efira, I guess. I’m with you now though in thinking it’s themes and plot will put voters off, don’t see it winning much other than possibly Cannes Best Actress.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

Neither can I really, I was just making the case. If we’re assuming Huppert got in on stature as well as performance quality, you could just make the case Rampling might get in for Supporting here, rather than Efira, I guess. I’m with you now though in thinking it’s themes and plot will put voters off, don’t see it winning much other than possibly Cannes Best Actress.

Also a sexually explicit movie about lesbian nuns made by the director of Showgirls is probably going to be labelled as voyeuristic no matter what.

Profile picture
    supermalt
    Topics:

On the subject of foreign movies, the king of that category Asghar Farhadi has got a new movie distributed from Amazon. Knowing the changes in the Academy this could be a potential Best Screenplay and Director?

https://variety.com/2021/film/global/amazon-studios-asghar-farhadi-a-hero-1234963284/

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

On the subject of foreign movies, the king of that category Asghar Farhadi has got a new movie distributed from Amazon. Knowing the changes in the Academy this could be a potential Best Screenplay and Director? https://variety.com/2021/film/global/amazon-studios-asghar-farhadi-a-hero-1234963284/

why has no one on this forum about the war movie “The Forgoten Battle?”

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

why has no one on this forum about the war movie “The Forgoten Battle?”

Did you make this film or something? Just because people haven’t heard of it or aren’t discussing it, why don’t you tell us something about it rather than just spamming the title?

Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

On the subject of foreign movies, the king of that category Asghar Farhadi has got a new movie distributed from Amazon. Knowing the changes in the Academy this could be a potential Best Screenplay and Director? https://variety.com/2021/film/global/amazon-studios-asghar-farhadi-a-hero-1234963284/

Think this is the early International Feature front-runner, could break out into other categories, although it’s obviously worth remembering his last film Everybody Knows went nowhere.

Profile picture
    supermalt
    Topics:

Think this is the early International Feature front-runner, could break out into other categories, although it’s obviously worth remembering his last film Everybody Knows went nowhere.

True but this is back to his Iranian roots rather than European Art house.

Profile picture
    The Oscarguy
    Topics:

Regarding the Last Night in Soho trailer, Edgar Wright deleted the tweets where he denied the claims that the trailer is coming this week.

Wondering if that means anything…

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

So it looks like Cannes really really wants Soggy Bottom. I think that’s kind of a  dumb idea. I would take my time in editing and premier at Venice.

Profile picture
    kingfan011
    Topics:

Verhoven should have gotten a  ton of Oscar noms for the brilliant Black Book

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Regarding the Last Night in Soho trailer, Edgar Wright deleted the tweets where he denied the claims that the trailer is coming this week. Wondering if that means anything…

It’s probably coming soon. The trailer has already been rated and certified.

Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

It’s probably coming soon. The trailer has already been rated and certified.

Could it go before The Sparks Brothers in cinemas on June 18?

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Did you make this film or something? Just because people haven’t heard of it or aren’t discussing it, why don’t you tell us something about it rather than just spamming the title?

November 1944. The Allies are stalled in Belgium. Winter is coming. In the Southwest of the Netherlands, tens of thousands of Allied and German soldiers are engaged in The Battle of the Scheldt, for control over supply lines. A Dutchman conscripted into the Wehrmacht, a British glider pilot, and a local girl with the underground resistance cross paths. They each face fundamental choices.

below the trailer…

https://caviar.tv/paris/films-tv-series/the-forgotten-battle-official-trailer/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Salesman was also distributed by Amazon…

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Very Early 2022 Oscar Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.