Home Forums Movies Vox Lux (2018)

Vox Lux (2018)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 139 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
lovelylovely
Honey
  • Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Portman looks awesome, can’t wait for this!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

As I said in the Venice thread, I though this wasn’t a good film. But the trailer is worse.

ReplyCopy URL
    chanelmoviestar
    Participant
    Topics:

I saw the film at TIFF and honestly thought Raffey Cassidy was the clear standout and deserves to be hailed as such

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Dillon
    Participant
    Topics:

Supporting my ass! Bahahahahahaha

If you want to campaign your leading actress in supporting category do not make the whole trailer about her. Lol

She is only in half (barely) of the film, it is not a lead role

Raffey Cassidy is the actual lead, she plays two roles, and is much better in the film than Portman who overacts, and gives a shitty NYC accent.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  Kevin Dillon.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

She is only in half (barely) of the film, it is not a lead role Raffey Cassidy is the actual lead, she plays two roles, and is much better in the film than Portman who overacts, and gives a shitty NYC accent.

Lol I’m born and raised in NYC and the accent is fine. I’ve heard much, much worse. It’s definitely not a point of complaint, just say you didn’t like the movie and her performance and go.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this thread gonna turn into ASIB’s cousin? Cuz it’s not gonna work, when 99% of this website worships Portman. She could be filmed taking a shit and they’d say she slayed every second of the poop coming out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

Poster

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

Poster 

fjdslslkj I’m SO tired of seeing this picture of her. They definitely could’ve come up with a better poster💀

ReplyCopy URL
    Kevin Dillon
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be one of the people who liked Jenn

Lol I’m born and raised in NYC and the accent is fine. I’ve heard much, much worse. It’s definitely not a point of complaint, just say you didn’t like the movie and her performance and go.

You must be one of the people who thought Jennifer Lawrence did a good job with her accent in American Hustle. I sat through the film, it’s not good, and she does not sell it, that is half the point of an accent. Jude Law has one too and his is worse. Like why not have him keep his British accent.

ReplyCopy URL
    Honey
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be one of the people who liked Jenn You must be one of the people who thought Jennifer Lawrence did a good job with her accent in American Hustle. I sat through the film, it’s not good, and she does not sell it, that is half the point of an accent. Jude Law has one too and his is worse. Like why not have him keep his British accent.

What’s ur opinion of Nicole Kidman’s American accents?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m hollering at the fact that they’re justifying category fraud by saying that she’s only in half the movie but she’s in almost every second of the trailer

Cause NEON wants her to get the most attention. That’s a duh factor. People who have seen the film has said that she pops up literally an hour into the film.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

You must be one of the people who liked Jenn You must be one of the people who thought Jennifer Lawrence did a good job with her accent in American Hustle. I sat through the film, it’s not good, and she does not sell it, that is half the point of an accent. Jude Law has one too and his is worse. Like why not have him keep his British accent.

What does Jennifer Lawrence have anything to do with this film lol? If you’re one of those people that has an accent completely take you out of a movie and performance because you think it’s bad, then I feel bad for you. All I said was that I’m literally from NYC, I have an accent and I think Portman’s is fine. Definitely passable. Now if you didn’t like her performance for other reasons, that’s fine and that’s your opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

The acting for the trailer was over the top and uncalled for. Film looks interesting though.

ReplyCopy URL
    The One And Only of Gold Derby.
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one liked the trailer? I though the music was great.

That is the truth.

No exceptions.

A Rival To Thatcher’s Reign.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 139 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.