Home Forums Movies What acting winners from the 2010s will repeat in the 2020s

What acting winners from the 2010s will repeat in the 2020s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Stank83
FYC : J. Smit..
Brayden Fitzs..
  • Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

Christian Bale and Cate Blanchett

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Emma Stone, Christian Bale or Meryl Streep.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

Bale and Leo. Probably someone else too but not sure who. Would love Portman to repeat. Deserving + meltdowns. 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Ali and Waltz are already two time winners from two nods. Which positions them as non-factors going forward for the foreseeable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

Bale and Leo. Probably someone else too but not sure who. Would love Portman to repeat. Deserving + meltdowns. 🙂

Nobody would meltdown to Portman winning a 2nd unless it was at the expense of Annette Bening. Or Glenn Close. Or Sigourney Weaver. Or Michelle Pfeiffer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:
    1. Gary Oldman
    2. Cate Blanchett
    3. Christian Bale
    4. Emma Stone
    5. Meryl Streep
    6. Viola Davis
    7. Octavia Spencer
    8. Leonardo DiCaprio
    9. Mahersala Ali
    10. Jennifer Lawrence
    11. Olivia Colman
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

# Viola Davis will get her 2nd Oscar win in the Best Actress category – the AMPAS “needs” to have another African-American Best Actress winner (Halle Berry won 20 years ago!!!)

# Meryl Streep will get her fourth so she equals Katharine Hepburn’s record…

# Christian Bale, since the AMPAS has learned how to love him properly these past 10 years and he’s a “double Oscar winner caliber actor” for sure!

# Lupita Nyong’o, Gary Oldman and Natalie Portman sound likely to me.
    # Blanchett is always a contender, because if she’s undeniable like she was in BLUE JASMINE… Then she’s really undeniable! Otherwise, I would say the AMPAS will give her a 3rd Oscar for a fine performance in the 2030’s.
    # DiCaprio can happen again if he delivers a truly magnificient performance in a Scorsese movie… I think there would be a lot of goodwill towards DiCaprio as the 21st century male muse of Scorsese.

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Bale & Blanchett. It’s not going to be a bunch of names. It’s still historically difficult to win one Oscar, let alone multiple Oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

# DiCaprio can happen again if he delivers a truly magnificient performance in a Scorsese movie… I think there would be a lot of goodwill towards DiCaprio as the 21st century male muse of Scorsese.

I agree, Killers of The Flower Moon and the upcoming Roosevelt biopic (both with Scorsese) may be exactly what you’re talking about.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Seven
    Topics:

My money is on Blanchett, Davis, Dicaprio and Bale

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

I don’t think DiCaprio is winning again in the current decade as an actor. Possibly as a producer but his work is so hit and miss he seems less of a priority especially since the overdue card has been used.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

I do not think these actors are ever winning again. Casey Affleck Mahershala Ali Patricia Arquette Olivia Colman Laura Dern Leonardo DiCaprio Jean Dujardin Colin Firth Anne Hathaway Alison Janney Regina King Melissa Leo Jared Leto Rami Malek Matthew McConaughey Frances McDormand Julianne Moore Gary Oldman Joaquin Phoenix Christopher Plummer Eddie Redmayne Sam Rockwell Mark Rylance JK Simmons Emma Stone Alicia Vikander Christophe Waltz Renee Zellweger

Mahershala Ali, Olivia Colman, Laura Dern, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alison Janney, Rami Malek, Gary Oldman, Eddie Redmayne, Sam Rockwell and Emma Stone are all getting nominated again so I wouldn’t put it past them winning again for now. Especially Malek and Stone who seem to have around potentially multiple decades left in their careers.

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I do not think these actors are ever winning again.

Anne Hathaway

She’s definitely winning a lead Oscar someday, AMPAS are kind to giving someone who is at her level of fame / respect a 2nd in lead if their first was in supporting. (eg. Streep, De Niro, Lange, Washington, Blanchett, Zellweger)

Bale & Davis are also likely going to a 2nd in lead for this exact reason.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FYC : J. Smith-Cameron
    Topics:

She’s definitely winning a lead Oscar someday, AMPAS for kind to giving someone who is at her level of fame / respect a 2nd in lead if their first was in supporting. (eg. Streep, De Niro, Lange, Washington, Blanchett, Zellweger) Bale & Davis are also likely to a 2nd in lead for this exact reason.

Who knows Davis could win this year if Ma Rainey is released on Netflix.

I have a feeling Netflix this year is going to be Miramax in 2003 (in terms of Oscar nomination domination).

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JakeT
    Topics:

Davis, Blanchett, Bale seem the surest bets to me. I think DiCaprio will struggle for a second win, as he did his first, and probably receive this later in life (or not at all, like Pacino).

I think Streep has the potential to win again but only when she’s close to retirement and people worry it’ll be their last chance to award her.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.