Home Forums Movies What acting winners from the 2010s will repeat in the 2020s

What acting winners from the 2010s will repeat in the 2020s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Stank83
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Jojo Betzler
    Topics:

I know Viola Davis seems obvious, but I have a strange feeling Nyong’o will be Halle Berry’s Lead Actress successor instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I know Viola Davis seems obvious, but I have a strange feeling Nyong’o will be Halle Berry’s Lead Actress successor instead.

It should’ve been Lupita this past year.

Watch the next black women to win in lead be someone none of us are expecting like Aja Naomi King, Anna Diop, Amandla Stenberg, Danai Gurira or Teyonah Parris

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Al Pacino, Judy Dench, Ellen Burstyn and Sissy Spacek couldn’t win more Oscars despite them being Oscar darlings. There are no patterns to justify why an actor wins a second Oscar, it’s just a coincidence.

I’d like to thank coincidence for existing because according to John-hathan if it didn’t exist then Christophe Waltz wouldn’t have won any more awards after Inglorious Basterds.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

King Lear may be Pacino’s second Oscar.
    Davis has Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom this year.
    I don’t know about Theron.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jasmine is French
    Topics:

I found it so strange that Pacino only has one Oscar win. A man with such a strong career and nominated multiple times. Yes he has a King Lear role but it is directed by Radford. Not the strongest director in the world.

Davis is going to struggle to get a second win. Even getting more nominations as well. I have the feeling that Nyongo will get there first as well. To me Davis seems too desperate to get that leading Oscar win while Nyongo is not.

Charlize has a stronger bet in the supporting category for a second win.

Bale is most def getting a second win, and even a third one. Blanchett is most def getting a third one. The question is just when

DiCaprio may get a second one very late in his career me think

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

Charlize has a stronger bet in the supporting category for a second win.

She doesn’t seem to do non-lead roles.

watch I May Destroy You

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Edgar Pereira
    Topics:

To be honest, personally I would prefer Nyong’o to be “the one”

Edgar Pereira
    Cinema and Popcorn
    https://cinemaandpopcorn.blogspot.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

1. Blanchett

2. Bale

3. Di Caprio

4. Davis

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I don’t think DiCaprio will ever win again, though he’ll be nominated for sure.

I think Bale will happen (in lead), and it will be for an indie movie in the 2020s. I don’t think he’ll be able to win for a performance like he did in FvF, Vice or American Hustle.

Blanchett and Davis will be nominated this decade for sure, but I don’t know if they will be able to win unless they have the right role in the right biopic.

I think Olivia Colman will be a hollywood favorite for years. I wonder if she’ll follow Judi Dench or Emma Thompson at the Oscars. She’s always collaborating with Lanthimos, so I don’t think she’s a long shot.

I don’t think Nyong’o cares about awards anymore, so if she wins it will be “by accident”. And it will be deserved.

Stone and Lawrence will win again, but I don’t think it will happen in the 2020s. Maybe in the 2030s.

I don’t know what to expect from Ali, Dern, Rockwell and Redmayne.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I think Bale will happen (in lead), and it will be for an indie movie in the 2020s. I don’t think he’ll be able to win for a performance like he did in FvF, Vice or American Hustle.

He almost won (likely 2nd) for Vice, a film at the time most people didn’t even seem to like and for a performance that’s more of “good for you, well done” reaction than any real passion for it.

Then this year he got SAG & BAFTA & almost made one of the most historically toughest actor line ups in recent memory for FvF, a film and performance that are both quite basic and by the numbers.

The next time he’s in contention (especially in lead) he’s so winning.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Magnus
    Topics:

He almost won (likely 2nd) for Vice, a film at the time most people didn’t even seem to like and for a performance that’s more of “good for you, well done” reaction than any real passion for it. Then this year he got SAG & BAFTA & almost made one of the most historically toughest actor line ups in recent memory for FvF, a film and performance that are both quite basic and by the numbers. The next time he’s in contention (especially in lead) he’s so winning.

Didn’t get BAFTA for Ford v Ferrari! He got Golden Globe Drama and SAG.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

DiCaprio will win again, he’s more likely than nearly all the other “candidates”.

Bale is likely, but I don’t know if it will be for the new David O’Russell film.

Davis has a shot this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Dern’s win for Marriage Story obviously just screams “career Oscar,” but if she gets the right role in a big enough project and seems undeniable, I could see her picking up another one. She’s just so beloved by pretty much everyone that I wouldn’t be surprised to see another clean sweep. I don’t see it happening in supporting, though, it would probably have to be in lead.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

DiCaprio got a career win just a few years ago, so there would be no urgency to award him again. It’ll probably be someone who was never deemed as “overdue” and someone who is “newer.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Dern’s win for Marriage Story obviously just screams “career Oscar,” but if she gets the right role in a big enough project and seems undeniable, I could see her picking up another one. She’s just so beloved by pretty much everyone that I wouldn’t be surprised to see another clean sweep. I don’t see it happening in supporting, though, it would probably have to be in lead.

I’d love to see the Academy rewarding Dern for a David Lynch movie (and I know it will never happen).

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.