Home Forums Movies What acting winners from the 2010s will repeat in the 2020s

What acting winners from the 2010s will repeat in the 2020s

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Stank83
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

No, aside from Joker, Phoenix makes too small and under the radar/underseen films to win again.
    That was his moment, that’s it.

The other two contemporary acting rivals of his generation, DiCaprio and Bale, are more likely to get another one this decade, since they are more consistent and do more visible stuff.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Olivia Colman. I think she might even bring the trophy home this year again for The Father (this time in Supporting Actress). I wouldn’t be shocked to see Cate Blanchett win a third over the next decade. I could also see them throw Meryl a fourth to tie her with Katharine Hepburn. I wouldn’t count out Emma Stone either. Davis will totally win a second within this decade. As for the men, at this rate I wouldn’t be shocked if they threw another undeserved Oscar at Mahershala Ali (lol). Joaquin Phoenix might take home another win. I think another win for Mark Rylance and Gary Oldman would be very possible as well. I think any older actor who works consistently, is beloved by the industry, and only has one win stands a chance at another win this new decade.

Olivia can definitely win a second Oscar this decade but she most likely won’t win this year. Specially when she just won a Lead Oscar last year. Unless the competition is really appalling, I don’t see her winning this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

People have been RAVING about her performance and she’s got a super meaty supporting role in The Father. I think she really could take it. The industry seems smitten with her. Right now her big competition again is Close but I think Close and Hillbilly Elegy will be DOA. I think she could definitely win again. Mahershala Ali was able to do it.

Mahershala was in the BP winner and only reason he won was because every precursor went with GG results. Not to mention he was repeating a supporting win, while Olivia won in Lead. The Academy is way more sensible now days to Lead winners winning again in such a short time. JLaw is a great example of that, as is Cate Blanchett.

Netflix seems pretty confident in Hillbilly Elegy and if the movie receives good reviews, Glenn is winning (considering her material in the book). And I wouldn’t call it DOA when the movie is one of the most anticipated of the year. If it disappoints critically, then Olivia can win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M: The Original
    Topics:

Dern’s win for Marriage Story obviously just screams “career Oscar,” but if she gets the right role in a big enough project and seems undeniable, I could see her picking up another one. She’s just so beloved by pretty much everyone that I wouldn’t be surprised to see another clean sweep. I don’t see it happening in supporting, though, it would probably have to be in lead.

I think she’s done. Her choices were never things the Academy embraced in their starlets. Her win came in a weak season for actress contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Gonna go one by one:

Casey Affleck: This one is tricky since cancel culture (I don’t remember much from the whole controversy around him but in this day and age the interent can easily bring it back if he ever is an Oscar contender again) so I’m gonna say Maybe.
    Mahershala Ali: I feel like he will get nominated again at some point and will win.
    Patricia Arquette: She is incredible so I’m gonna say maybe if she gets another juicy role.
    Christian Bale: Absolutely.
    Cate Blanchett: Yes. 100% confidence in that.
    Olivia Colman: She has that movie with Hopkins coming up right? That could be Oscar #2.
    Viola Davis: Yes. I can see her being the first to get lead and supporting Oscars.
    Laura Dern: Yes I can see her winning another one if the role is juicy enough.
    Leonardo DiCaprio: Yes. 100%
    Jean Dujardin: No
    Colin Firth: Maybe.
    Daniel Day-Lewis: Retired 🙁
    Anne Hathaway: Maybe
    Alison Janney: Maybe
    Regina King: Yes
    Brie Larson: No
    Jennifer Lawrence: Yes
    Melissa Leo: Maybe
    Jared Leto: No
    Rami Malek: No
    Matthew McConaughey: Maybe
    Frances McDormand: Yes
    Julianne Moore: Yes
    Lupita Nyong’o: Yes
    Gary Oldman: Yes
    Joaquin Phoenix: Yes
    Brad Pitt: It took this long to get him one so I’m gonna say Maybe
    Christopher Plummer: No
    Natalie Portman: Yes
    Eddie Redmayne: Maybe
    Sam Rockwell: Maybe
    Mark Rylance: Maybe
    JK Simmons: No
    Octavia Spencer: Yes
    Emma Stone: Yes
    Meryl Streep: Yes
    Alicia Vikander
    Christophe Waltz
    Renee Zellweger

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

No way Mahershala Ali will win a third one.

And I don’t think Phoenix will win a second one.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.