February 5, 2019 at 4:40 pm #1202762591
– The protest scene from The Hate U Give
– Always Remember Us this Way from A Star is Born
– The whole beach scene from Roma
– The birth-giving scene from A Quiet Place
– Tish announcing her pregnancy to Fonny’s family from If Beale Street Could Talk (my favourite from this year)
– The pool party from Eighth Grade (painfully realistic, stunning acting from Elsie)
– Don leaving the racist restaurant to perform in another club in Green Book
– The court scene in Can You Ever Forgive Me?
– The badger scene from The Favourite
– Trip a little light fantastic from Mary Poppins Returns
– The mahjong scene from Crazy Rich Asians
– The scene where Joe and Joan learn Joe has won the Nobel prize in The Wife
– Helena Bonham-Carter’s french monologue in Oceans 8
– Lizzie running away in Instant Family
Banned for making a fake movie posterFebruary 5, 2019 at 4:58 pm #1202762599This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.February 5, 2019 at 5:41 pm #1202762625
A Star is Born – First time I saw it, probably Shallow, but the second time either the rehab or the garage just due to the emotion
Annihilation – When Leigh is absorbed into energy and then when you find out Portman has the mutation (though the bear one gave me anxiety)
Red Sparrow – The spy swap
The Wife – When the son finds out
The Favourite – When Sarah burns her letters, then the final scene
Vice – either Two Times or the ending monologue
BlackKklansman – The final call to Duke
A Quiet Place – When Blunt gives birth
Halloween – The final showdown/the dinner
Solo: A Star Wars Story – Clarke and Maul’s conversation
A Simple Favor – The graveyard
“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.
Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.February 5, 2019 at 6:01 pm #1202762634
In no particular order:
-A Star is Born: The scene where they perform Shallow together for the first time.
-If Beale Street Could Talk: When Tish announces she’s pregnant to the in-laws (that whole scene including the ending).
-Cold War: When Zula auditions for Viktor for the first time.
-The Favourite: The scene where Sarah tells Anne what Abigail is really like (as she’s going into disgrace). You realize Sarah actually cares about Anne.
-Vice: The scene where we find out who the narrator really is. Great twist.
-The Wife: Joan and the biographer in the bar in Stockholm where we hear her side.
February 5, 2019 at 11:00 pm #1202762819
- This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by prognosticator.
When water started coming in the wedding on Crazy Rich Asians
The ferris wheel scene at Love Simon
The moment in I’ll Never Love Again when Bradley started singing (A Star is Born)
The disappearances in Avengers
So mostly endings. Lol. And bonus is the Meal Ticket section of Buster Scruggs. That was messed up.
I just love movies. And awards.February 5, 2019 at 11:45 pm #1202762831
I’ll Never Love Again – A Star is Born
The Other Club – Green Book
The Other Peter Parker – Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
The Bomb – BlacKkKlansman
Soul Stone Cliff – Avengers: Infinity War
Tish tells everyone she’s pregnant- If Beale Street Could Talk
Brian Tyree Henry’s monologue about prison- If Beale Street Could Talk
The Bathroom fight- Mission Impossible Fallout
Dad Talk – Eighth Grade
Chris Hemsworth’s arrival- Bad Times at the El Royale
The Opening- A Quiet Place
Hereditary- The Exorcism
The Cocaine- Sorry to Bother You
Jack Jack and Edna- Incredibles 2
The fake credits- Vice
Nowhere to Go But Up- Mary Poppins Returns
The truth serum- Ant-Man and the Wasp
The moon landing
Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, SurvivorFebruary 6, 2019 at 12:04 am #1202762836
The beach scene in Roma is probably the most stunningly shot scene I’ve seen in the last decade.
The pool scene in Eight Grade. Elsie earned an Oscar nomination with that scene.
“You look like a badger” – The Favourite
Tish announces her pregnancy – Baele StreetFebruary 6, 2019 at 12:24 am #1202762853
• Grammy scene in A Star Is Born
• I’ll Never Love Again in A Star Is Born
• Wedding scene in Crazy Rich Asians
• Tish’s pregnancy announcement in If Beale Street Could Talk
• Evelyn going into labour in A Quiet PlaceFebruary 6, 2019 at 2:29 am #1202762896
The Christmas dinner and Don’s visit to the Vallelonga family – Green Book
Hot damn scene of Sam Rockwell – Vice
The confrontation at the hotel – The Wife
When Emma Stone jumped/scared at the forest and slapped the guy. It’s so funny – The Favourite.
The afterlife scenets of Black Panther.
The Live Aid scenes of Bohemian Rhapsody
When the drag gay asked Jackson to perform and performed Maybe It’s Time – A Star is Born
February 6, 2019 at 3:36 am #1202762924
- This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan Jo.
A Star Is Born – I’ll Never Love Again. Seriously, this film had lots of huge scenes, but this one caps it all.
Roma – Beach scene
BlacKkKlansman – Bombing at Patrice’ house
Green Book – Don plays Chopin in the Black blues club
Bohemian Rhapsody – Live Aid. The only saving grace of the film.
Bad Times at the El Royale – O’Kelly (the priest) absolves Miles
A Quiet Place – Birth scene in the bathtub
The Wife – “Your wife, who just won the Nobel prize!!!”
First Man – Moon landing
Hereditary – Charlie’s sudden death
1917 - Best Picture, Director, Sound Editing, Visual Effects, Cinematography
Ford v Ferrari - Best Editing, Sound Mixing
The Irishman - Best Adapted Screenplay
Scarlett Johansson - Best Actress
Joe Pesci - Best Supporting Actor
Stand Up (from Harriet) - Best Original SongFebruary 6, 2019 at 10:16 am #1202763190
1. “Shallow” – A STAR IS BORN
2. “Rock Around the Clock” – COLD WAR
3. Beach rescue – ROMA
4. Susie’s audition/Olga’s demise – SUSPIRIA
5. Opening credits – VOX LUX
6. Lady Sarah and Samuel dance – THE FAVOURITE
7. Screaming bear attack – ANNIHILATION
8. Antoine’s climatic terror – CUSTODY
9. Yelling from the rooftop – SUPPORT THE GIRLS
10. “At Last” dance – LET THE SUNSHINE IN
so, basically anything involving singing/dancing or life-threatening traumaFebruary 6, 2019 at 10:31 am #1202763201
1. The Bathtub – A Quiet Place
2. I’ll Never Love Again – A Star is Born
3. The Landing – First Man
4. The Place Where Lost Things Go – Mary Poppins Returns
5. Live Aid – Bohemian RhapsodyFebruary 6, 2019 at 10:34 am #1202763203
Here are a few of my favorites:
• Tish announces pregnancy to Fonny’s family (If Beale Street Could Talk)
• Daniel’s prison monologue (If Beale Street Could Talk)
• Jack Mulligan’s limo ride through Chicago (Widows)
• Jatemme circling the rap duo (Widows)
• Maverick lines the kids up on the lawn (The Hate U Give)
• “Why did you marry me?” (The Wife)
• Lisa doesn’t give the girl and her BF the money (Support the Girls)
• “Hey Auntie!” (Black Panther)
• Charlie’s death (Hereditary)
February 6, 2019 at 11:42 am #1202763261
- This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Problemchild.
Areum takes a taxi home (The Day After)
The Armstrongs reunite in quarantine (First Man)
Naomi sings on the front steps (Golden Exits)
Nightclub dancing (Lover for a Day)
Imitation of Mom (Madeline’s Madeline)
Sofia travels to her old school town (Maison du bonheur)
Meinhard tries to buy cigarettes (Western)
A llama walks into the room (Zama)February 6, 2019 at 11:59 am #1202763285
A Star is Born — “I just wanted to take another look atchu.”
The Ballad of Buster Scruggs — The end of the penultimate vignette
Bohemian Rhapsody — Live Aid
Eighth Grade — The bonfire scene
The Favourite — “Did you just look at me?”
First Reformed — Intimacy ritual
First Man — Moon landing scene
Hereditary — “I am your mother!”
If Beale Street Could Talk — Celebrating in the street after getting the apartment
Isle of Dogs — Meeting the Oracle
Mission: Impossible – Fallout — Bathroom fight scene
Roma — Beach rescue, or the massacre
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse — Fleeing the Prowler
Wildlife — “If you’ve got a better plan for me, tell me. I’ll try it. Maybe it’ll be better than this.”
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.