January 24, 2018 at 6:13 pm #1202477766
Producers, please pay attention please, this is what I would like to see during the Oscar ceremony:
1. Thanks to Coco’s nominated song “Remember Me”, you have the opportunity to create a great visual showstopper with Dia de los Muertos as a theme while this song is performed. And do not replace Mexico’s Natalia LaFourcade to perform along with Miguel, that would be a slap in the face.
2. “This Is Me” also provides the opportunity for a great, elaborate setting and performance. Think about inviting Cirque Du Soleil for this one.
3. “Mystery of Love” could privide the quiet, poignant and beautiful performance if the right setting is chosen. “Stand Up for Somethinig” can also be grandiose, but not at a “Glory” level. “Mighty River” can be used to show the already proven chops on stage for Mary J Blige (she can even be joined on stage by the cast while on costumes).
4. I would like to see clips for all the winners in history for the 4 acting categories, like the clips used on the 75th anniversary (clip of the winning performance, not the winning moment).
5. A clip with all the previous 89 Best Picture winners, set to the music of either “Brothers In Arms” from Mad Max: Fury Road, “Shenzou” from Gravity or “Chevaliers de Sangreal” from The DaVinci Code (this one is the less crazy).
What I would NOT like to see:
1. Oscar family album. Takes forever.
2.5 People presenting an acting category and praising the nominees one by one.
3.Original songs performed in a squeezed format.
4. I wouldn’t like for the Oscars to be kidnapped like the Golden Globes were and make EVERY SPEECH about the #meetoo and #timesup movements. And Natalie Portman, you can uplift the woman spirit and move forward the cause without dragging down (innocent) males supporting your cause (like your comment when presenting BD at the GG).
5. That being said, if you’re gonna fire to the people accused of sexual misconduct, go all the way and HOLD NO HOSTAGES. Just remember to be FUNNY, not just angry or malicious.January 24, 2018 at 6:29 pm #1202477777
I would like to see the “Family Album” again. It does take time but it is so great to see so many former recipients.January 25, 2018 at 6:58 pm #1202479051
I would also like to see RuPaul presenting the acting nominees (tha way she announces her queens status):
“Timothée Chalamet, your performance, for lack of a better word, was peachy”
“Gary Oldman, your makeup in Darkest Hour was beat for the gods, and your commitment was Sirius”
“Daniel Day Lewis, the news of your retirement shooked us all, do not become a phantom my dear, become a threat”
“Saoirse Ronan, you were a little bitch on your first nomination, and now you have found your wings girl, what an Atonement”
“Meryl, you’ve done it and see it all my dear, congratulations on your 21st nomination. That’s all”
“Margot Robbie, your Harley Quinn was crazy, but your Tonya Harding, was crazy out of the bat”
And stuff like that… pay them writers.January 26, 2018 at 12:32 am #1202479220
I want to see a BP mishap a la last year.January 26, 2018 at 12:40 am #1202479229This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.January 26, 2018 at 1:40 am #1202479246
A tie between Frances McDormand and Sally Hawkins.January 26, 2018 at 3:03 am #1202479263
I want to see 90 year olds win Oscars! Agnes Varda (with JR) winning Best Documentary and James Ivory winning Best Adapted Screenplay. At least one of those two will definitely happen! Maybe I will get both moments! (:January 26, 2018 at 3:58 am #1202479283This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)January 26, 2018 at 4:11 am #1202479287
I would love to see another Frances McDormand speech. Also, I would like to see a standing ovation for either Greta Gerwig or Jordan Peele if they win Oscars on that night.
Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)January 26, 2018 at 4:14 am #1202479288
I would like to see the “Family Album” again. It does take time but it is so great to see so many former recipients.
I loved the last time they did it. I know it takes a while, but it’s amazing to see past Oscar winners who have been out of the limelight for quite some time.January 26, 2018 at 4:22 am #1202479289This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.January 26, 2018 at 4:51 am #1202479300
I’d like to see some new random things. Maybe they can have the 90’s Supermodels (Cindy Crawford,Claudia Schiffer, Naomi Campbell etc) wear the costumes that are nominated. They can also have Robert Englund dressed as Freddy Krueger presenting Best Make-Up.January 26, 2018 at 5:11 am #1202479315This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.January 26, 2018 at 5:33 am #1202479335This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.