Home Forums Movies What long shot pick for Oscars 2018 are you going with right now?

What long shot pick for Oscars 2018 are you going with right now?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
Riley
Thomas Eagan
  • Paul Hardister
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone have a prediction right now that’s a long shot? If so, which one and why are you picking it?

Thomas Eagan
    Participant
    Topics:

Mystery of Love. Best Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    kbfr12
    Participant
    Topics:

Mystery of Love. Best Song.

I would cry out of happiness. That song is such a dream.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Mystery of Love winning would be one of my favorite Oscar wins ever, honestly. That song fits so perfectly in the film. I get emotional even listening to it now, weeks after seeing Call Me By Your Name.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Icarus for Documentary Feature, because I think the Oscars will want to make a political statement against Russia/Putin and a simultaneous statement against Trump by doing so.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Foolio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not predicting any long shots because why would I – I like to get my predictions correct, thank you very much – but if I did, I would go with Timothee Chalamet and Mystery of Love, as nothing would make me happier than seeing them win. Chalamet’s performance is by far the best of the year and one of the best in the history of modern cinema, and MOL is not only an insanely beautiful piece of music but almost a character of its own in the movie.

One can dream, no?

ReplyCopy URL
    VictorJR
    Participant
    Topics:

Mystery of Love is by far the best original song. It probably won’t win. Just another travesty in Oscars history.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I don’t think we’ll have any significant surprises this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Remember Me is a pretty decent winner for Best Song, much better than some of the past winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

We had Fantastic Beasts in Costume Design last year and we had Ex Machina winning Visual Effects the year before that.

You seriously believe there won’t be a movie in 4th or 5th place in Goldderby odds that pulls off an upset this year? Come on, get creative! If there was an upset like that in literally any category, what do you think it would be?

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    ItsMathTime1
    Participant
    Topics:

Lesley Manville for Supporting Actress.

Yes, I said it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Lesley Manville for Supporting Actress.

Yes, I said it.

She couldn’t even get in at the Globes, where we know they at least saw the film because Day-Lewis was nominated. Waltz won for Django after his film missed SAG like Phantom Thread, but his Globe win gave him enough momentum to triumph at Bafta and then the Oscars. Manville has no momentum to overcome Allison Janney’s Globe, Critic’s Choice, and SAG wins.

Supporting Actress is strictly between Metcalf and Janney.

ReplyCopy URL
    GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Jonny Greenwood if he gets Bafta.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

We had Fantastic Beasts in Costume Design last year and we had Ex Machina winning Visual Effects the year before that.

You seriously believe there won’t be a movie in 4th or 5th place in Goldderby odds that pulls off an upset this year? Come on, get creative! If there was an upset like that in literally any category, what do you think it would be?

I don’t think there will be an upset in picture, director, acting, and adapted screenplay. Original could go three ways, but I’m going with Three Billboards unless one of Get Out or Lady Bird wins at Bith BAFTA and WGA, which won’t happen.

Maybe we see some surprises in the tech categories though. Documentary is ripe for an upset I guess.

ReplyCopy URL
    xrated48
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully mystery of love from Call Me By Your Name  and the score for Phantom Thread win.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.