( +1 hidden )
November 30, 2017 at 1:27 pm #1202425912
Mid-December is when Entertainment Weekly comes out with its choice.November 30, 2017 at 1:36 pm #1202425923
They have just gotta pick Woody Harrelson. In War For The Planet of The Apes, The Glass Castle, and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri he has received acclaim for his performances, especially the latter. Even though Castle got average reviews from critics, everyone seemed to love his acting in that movie.
For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!November 30, 2017 at 1:43 pm #1202425946
Its going to be Tiffany Haddish
Check out my online store 🙂November 30, 2017 at 1:46 pm #1202425956
I think Michael Stuhlbarg should be chosen.
Being involved in the universally acclaimed Fargo season 3, Call Me By Your Name, The Shape of Water, and the soon-to-be released The Post…it’s an insane year of work that deserves recognition.November 30, 2017 at 2:04 pm #1202426017
Entertainers are just actors? Becuase if they can choose singers, Lady Gaga was definitely the artist of the year (#1 album, most-watched Super Bowl of all time, first female Coachella headliner in a decade, Netflix doc, sold-out tour…)November 30, 2017 at 3:52 pm #1202426237
Here are some I’m rooting for because they usually pick one for the cover then a couple other “Entertainers of the Year”
Nicole Kidman-Big Little Lies, The Beguiled, Killing of A Sacred Deer, Top of the Lake
Elisabeth Moss-Top of the Lake, Handmaid’s Tale, The Square
And obviously.. Carrie Coon-The Leftovers, Fargo, and The Post
But they will probably go with someone who is viewed as “hotter” (ala Jennifer Lawrence who only had 2 films in 2015, or Ryan Reynolds who only had one in 2016). So watch out for someone like Margot Robbie or Tom Holland.
Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.December 1, 2017 at 6:34 am #1202426580
I’m as big a JLaw fan as there is, but her movie was too divisive to warrant a EotY selection this year. It’s going to a TV/movie actress this time.December 1, 2017 at 7:42 am #1202426673
You guys have never seen that cover before right? Woody Harrelson? Carrie Coon? Gaga in 2017? Common…
Gal Gadot: Justice League’s box office may take her out of cotention for the cover, but she’s clearly on the list. She could still make it, though. Seems logical.
2010 had a lot of covers, so maybe this year could be like that as I don’t see a single person being that huge. This could get Elisabeth Moss and Ed Sheeran a cover. I suppose Fonsi/DaddyYankee/Bieber combo will make the list too somewhere. Donald Glover (although Atlanta aired last year). The This is Us cast. Game of Thrones probably makes the list again.
Or maybe the word HARASSMENT will get the cover.December 1, 2017 at 8:14 am #1202426718
Just a few I could think of:
1) Gal Gadot (WW, JL)
2) Margot Robbie (I Tonya, Goodbye Christopher Robin)
3) Nicole Kidman (had an AWESOME year)
4) Tiffany Haddish (Girl’s Trip)
5) James Franco (The Disaster Artist)
6) Carrie Fisher or Daisy Ridley or Mark Hamil (Star Wars)
7) Meryl Streep or Tom Hanks (The Post)
8) Steve Carell (Battle of the Sexes, Last Flag Flying)
9) Bill Skarsgård (IT)
10) Hugh Jackman (Logan, The greatest Showman)December 1, 2017 at 8:40 am #1202426741
I think Michael Stuhlbarg should be chosen.
Being involved in the universally acclaimed Fargo season 3, Call Me By Your Name, The Shape of Water, and the soon-to-be released The Post…it’s an insane year of work that deserves recognition.
while he is great and would deserve an accolade like that … the cover wouldn’t be very appealing … he does not scream sex appeal
Check out my online store 🙂December 1, 2017 at 6:42 pm #1202427097
These would be my choices:
Millie Bobby Brown
Nicole KidmanDecember 2, 2017 at 1:53 am #1202427226
Who I could them giving it to
• Sterling K. Brown (OJ afterglow, This Is Us, Marshall, Black Panther, potential West Wing reboot)
• Cardi B (Broke out big, history making chart runs plus Love & Hip-Hop)
• James Franco (Deuce & Disaster Artist)
• Donald Glover (Atlanta award wins, Spider-Man, Star Wars & Lion King buzz & Gambino domination)
• Tiffany Haddish (great breakout year)
• Woody Harrelson (Edge of Seventeen, Apes, Three Billboards, Glass Castle
• Hugh Jackman (Logan & Greatest Showman)
• The Kardashians (10 year anniversary, products still sell, KKW robbery sympathy, Kendall overtaking Giselle in Forbes)
• Nicole Kidman (BBL alone plus Top of the Lake, Beguiled & Scared Dear)
• Stephen King (It domination plus Dark Tower, 11.22.63 & Mr. Mercedes)
• Kendrick Lamar (Ruled the year musically)
• Elisabeth Moss (Handmaid’s Tale & Top of the Lake)
• RuPaul Charles (Drag Race bigger than ever)
• Sarah Paulson (Again OJ afterglow, Cult, Post, Ocean’s 8 buzz)
• Ed Sheeran (Also ruled the Year musically)
• Harry Styles (Well received music & Dunkirk)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.