Home Forums Movies What They Had (2018)

What They Had (2018)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Andrew Carden
ENGLAND
  • ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

This 2018 independent film stars Michael Shannon, Hilary Swank, Robert Foster, and Blythe Danner

It is a drama surrounding a family that is dealing with their mother who has Alzheimer’s. The film will be released in October, and so far has earned 100% with Rotten Tomatoes based on only 11 reviews.

Shannon, Swank, and Foster all have glowing reviews. Although there are other films that have much more buzz, this one should not be overlooked.

From the reviews, Shannon and Foster could be players in Lead & Supporting Actor.

As for Swank, I think it is good for her to add another critically acclaimed performance to her resumé. The Homesman, and Conviction were also acclaimed performances, although they were not nominated for Oscars. I feel that What They Had will be the same.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  ENGLAND.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  ENGLAND.
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I have Forster in my top 10 (at #10) but let’s face it, Bleeker Street isn’t the greatest at playing the awards season game.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

The film has already earned back 62% of its investment before it’s release, which is incredible. I can see Independent Spirit nods for this film, and maybe more nods for Forster and Shannon.

The Rotten Tomatoes score at the moment is 88% with 17 reviews counted.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.