Home Forums Movies Which 2021 Acting Nominees Will Return?

Which 2021 Acting Nominees Will Return?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
AayaanUpadhyaya
Aimerarrow
davidkp
  • Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

Now that the dust has settled, which of this year’s acting nominees do you think will be nominated again?

Profile picture
    Woody
    Topics:

Probably most of them, the only ones who probably wont are Youn Yuh-jung, Maria Bakalova, Andra Day and Paul Raci. The rest are still highly likely to get nominated again especially Daniel Kaluuya, Lakeith Stanfield, Steven Yeun, Carey Mulligan and Viola Davis

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Hopefully Riz Ahmed

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aahoto
    Topics:

A lot of them most likely (it’s a small club, we see the same people over and over) but most definitely Kaluuya, Stanfield, Mulligan, Davis, McDormand, Colman, Ahmed, Yeun and Oldman.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

All of them can return, besides maybe Anthony Hopkins (is he planning on acting again?), Paul Raci (unfortunately he might find it difficult to get casted in that many great roles, which is a shame), Andra Day (again, not sure if she is interested in pursuing acting that passionately), and Yuh-Jung Youn (Again, not sure if she will get the right opportunities)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

It’s unfortunate but I can’t see Maria and Youn (the best “supporting” female performances of the year) getting another nomination that easily.

However, Maria I hope continues her chops in comedy though because she is very very funny, hopefully she will at least keep snagging Comedy Globe nominations. Youn I can only see getting another nomination if there is another meaty older lady role (it has been done in the past), in a baity oscar movie. I’m talking about the nominations you used to see in the 50’s-80’s for the sassy/strong/unusual grandma parts

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Sadly, McDormand.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    davidkp
    Topics:

It’s unfortunate but I can’t see Maria and Youn (the best “supporting” female performances of the year) getting another nomination that easily. However, Maria I hope continues her chops in comedy though because she is very very funny, hopefully she will at least keep snagging Comedy Globe nominations. Youn I can only see getting another nomination if there is another meaty older lady role (it has been done in the past), in a baity oscar movie. I’m talking about the nominations you used to see in the 50’s-80’s for the sassy/strong/unusual grandma parts

Youn proved she is much funnier than Bakalova though. I want Yuh-jung to be back but it’s difficult for me to see it, too. It’s hard to get a good role at this age, even a legend like Close struggles with this. What’s left for Youn who also has the ‘disadvantage’ to be Asian.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

DEFINITELY
    Viola Davis
    Daniel Kaluuya
    Olivia Colman
    Frances McDormand

MOST LIKELY
    Lakeith Stanfield
    Gary Oldman
    Carey Mulligan
    Glenn Close

COULD GO EITHER WAY
    Steven Yeun
    Riz Ahmed
    Vanessa Kirby
    Leslie Odom Jr

PROBABLY NOT
    Anthony Hopkins
    Sacha Baron Cohen
    Amanda Seyfried
    Maria Bakalova

VERY UNLIKELY
    Andra Day
    Paul Raci
    Youn Yuh-jung

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

DEFINITELY
    Viola Davis
    Daniel Kaluuya
    Olivia Colman
    Frances McDormand

MOST LIKELY
    Lakeith Stanfield
    Gary Oldman
    Carey Mulligan
    Glenn Close

COULD GO EITHER WAY
    Steven Yeun
    Riz Ahmed
    Vanessa Kirby
    Leslie Odom Jr

PROBABLY NOT
    Anthony Hopkins
    Sacha Baron Cohen
    Amanda Seyfried
    Maria Bakalova

VERY UNLIKELY
    Andra Day
    Paul Raci
    Youn Yuh-jung

Agree with this but I’d add Mulligan to “Definitely,” in part because she’s “only” 35, in part because she’s privileged and connected, and in part because she has great range; she is the type of talent I can see getting roles for another 40 years or more. Even if it takes decades, I’d be amazed if she never gets another nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Oscirus Jones
    Topics:

I wouldnt take maria out yet till we see her in a conventional movie

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    davidkp
    Topics:

I wouldnt take maria out yet till we see her in a conventional movie

I watched her in a movie called Transgression and wasn’t impressed at all.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

McDormand, Davis, Ahmed, Kaluuya and Oldman. Glenn Close is likely too

A Lady Gaga DEVOTEE

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

One of my favorite post-Oscars threads! Here we go.

ACTOR

Riz Ahmed: YES (can be competitive for win one day)
    Chadwick Boseman: NO ( 🙁 )
    Anthony Hopkins: MAYBE (if this isn’t his last role, then yes)
    Gary Oldman: YES (more nominations, probably not another win)
    Steven Yeun: YES (historic “welcome to the club” first nomination will lead to more recognition down the line)

ACTRESS

Viola Davis: YES (will continue to be nominated for as long as she works; second win possible, lead or supporting)
    Andra Day: MAYBE (she’s said in interviews that she’s developing projects with Lee Daniels, so “she’s not acting anymore” is inaccurate; next nomination might be in music field)
    Vanessa Kirby: YES (might have to wait awhile like Carey Mulligan had to, but yes to more nominations)
    Frances McDormand: YES (for as long as she works; could tie or surpass Katharine Hepburn’s record in lead actress)
    Carey Mulligan: YES (will be competitive for win on next nomination)

SUPPORTING ACTOR

Sacha Baron Cohen: YES (the goodwill from “Borat” legacy + “Trial” will lead to future nominations for him, both acting and writing)
    Daniel Kaluuya: YES (hopefully many more nominations in the future)
    Leslie Odom, Jr.: MAYBE (more confident about music nominations than acting nominations at present)
    Paul Raci: NO (feels like a once-in-a-career type nomination to me)
    LaKeith Stanfield: MAYBE (now that he’s received this odd first nomination, anything’s possible, I guess)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Maria Bakalova: MAYBE (close to typing “no,” but she’s getting major attention from directors like Judd Apatow, so anything’s possible; hopefully, she won’t be typecast in a bunch of “Tutar”-type knockoffs; I’d like to see her star in a drama at some point too)
    Glenn Close: MAYBE (all I’m focused on is the honorary Oscar at this point; I don’t see many more, if any, competitive nominations for her in the future)
    Olivia Colman: YES (for as long as she works)
    Amanda Seyfried: YES (“welcome to the club” first nomination will lead to more recognition down the line)
    Youn Yuh-Jung: NO (feels like a once-in-a-career type nomination to me)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

Don’t write off Youn so soon, Jordan Peele has eyes on her! https://twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1387082192912781314

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.