Home Forums Movies Which 2021 Acting Nominees Will Return?

Which 2021 Acting Nominees Will Return?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
AayaanUpadhyaya
Aimerarrow
davidkp
  • Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

CTOR

Riz Ahmed: I am convinced we will see him win
    Chadwick Boseman: Sadly no
    Anthony Hopkins: Yes (There is one he is doing that looks very oscar baity…The mentor or soemthing)
    Gary Oldman: Yes
    Steven Yeun: Yes

ACTRESS

Viola Davis: Yes
    Andra Day: Yes
    Vanessa Kirby: Maybe
    Frances McDormand: Yes
    Carey Mulligan: Yes

SUPPORTING ACTOR

Sacha Baron Cohen: Yes
    Daniel Kaluuya: Absolutely yes.
    Leslie Odom, Jr.: Maybe
    Paul Raci: I’m inclined to say no.

SUPPORTING ACTRESS

Maria Bakalova: I’m going with Maybe since she is clearly talented and given the right role. Will lightning strike twice?
    Glenn Close: Is water wet? YES
    Olivia Colman: Yes
    Amanda Seyfried: Yes
    Youn Yuh-Jung: God I hope so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mimzo
    Topics:

Imagine Youn starring in Bong’s next film.😏 Contrary to everyone’s expectations, Youn may be nominated for an Oscar again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ArtIsntEasy
    Topics:

ACTOR:
    Riz Ahmed (YES, and I fully expect him to win)
    Anthony Hopkins (It could happen again for him)
    Gary Oldman (YES, and I could see him winning again as he gets older a la Hopkins)
    Steven Yeun (I do think he will be back and could very well win. I think he should already be a winner for BURNING)

ACTRESS:
    Viola Davis (an easy YES)
    Andra Day (it really depends on what she wants to do with acting but I do think it’s possible if she keeps it up)
    Vanessa Kirby (I agree that it could take her a while to come back sort of like it was for Mulligan but she obviously has the talent)
    Frances McDormand (oh, she’ll be back…she already proved me wrong after THREE BILLBOARDS so I stand corrected)
    Carey Mulligan (Yes, and I hope she will be a winner)

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
    Sacha Baron Cohen (YES)
    Daniel Kaluuya (YES)
    Leslie Odom Jr. (MAYBE)
    Paul Raci (I really want to be wrong here but I am going to say NO)
    Lakeith Stanfield (YES)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
    Maria Bakalova (I don’t think we’ve seen the last from her honestly so I will say yes)
    Glenn Close (I do want to say YES but maybe with a little less certainty)
    Olivia Colman (I fully suspect she will win another Oscar)
    Amanda Seyfried (she got the first nom and showed immense promise so she will be back)
    Youn Yuh-jung (While this could very well be “no”, I do see a possible scenario for her coming back if Bong casts her in something and it is at least almost as good as PARASITE or MINARI in quality…plus that Jordan Peele tweet is interesting).

“The art of making art is putting it together...”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    musicreloaded
    Topics:

Lady Macbeth and Norma Desmond are coming for blood!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Colman, Davis, Kaluuya and McDormand most definitely. The actors branch seems to have an infatuation with her so Close is probably most likely. Oldman, Mulligan, Seyfried and Stanfield seem to be racking up more and more prestige projects so I think we’ll see them again soon (especially Mulligan and Stanfield). Steven Yeun too.

Vanessa Kirby and Riz Ahmed are interesting because of the range of projects they do (i.e. Kirby does a lot of theatre, Ahmed’s choices as of late have tended to be more homegrown and indie). So I can either see them take a while to return (like Mulligan) whilst they amass more goodwill or I can even see them become regular contenders. I both think and hope both have a shot at sweeping too.

Bakalova, Baron Cohen, Day, Hopkins and Raci seem unlikely to return. I am hopeful for Yuh-jung Youn.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paradoxymoron
    Topics:

To be honest, these things are so hard to predict. I never would have thought Colman would be nominated again (don’t get me wrong, she’s wonderful, but I’d seen her on television and bit parts in films for 15 years before The Favourite – it still feels so strange to think she’s an Oscar winner!!!)
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>My main HOPES are that the younger crowd (Odom Jr, Ahmed, Seyfried, Mulligan, Kaluuya, Kirby, Stan field, Yeun, Day if she wants to) get vehicles which could result in further Oscar nominations</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Aimerarrow
    Topics:

Who knows. Back in 2010ish when I started getting interested in the Oscars I remember watching clips of Frances and noticed how different she was from the crowd. Because I didn’t think she would come back so easily… and now here we are two Actress Oscars almost back to back

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Bong Joon-Ho has casted older actresses before in his films before, specifically Mother, and he’s a huge admirer of Youn so here’s hoping. He’s also directed Korean and American ensemble cast films like in Okja. So there’s a real possibility Youn could be acting alongside Hollywood A-listers since they’re all dying to work with Bong I’m imagining.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:
    Xtina
    Topics:

Honey, all the white actors will return.  YUCK!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Don’t write off Youn so soon, Jordan Peele has eyes on her! https://twitter.com/TheFilmUpdates/status/1387082192912781314

THE COLLABORATION WE NEED!!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.