Home Forums Movies Which among these actors will define the 2020s???

Which among these actors will define the 2020s???

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
fefface
Ashton_Reeves
RidleyScott
Which among these actors will define the 2020s???
Leonardo DiCaprio
Adam Driver
Robert Pattinson
Timothee Chalamet
John David Washington
Daniel Kaluuya
Taron Egerton
Lakeith Stanfield
Bradley Cooper
Michael B Jordan
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Who among these actors will be the one defining (or the best of) the 2020s??

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Adam Driver and Chalamet for sure.

I would add Lucas Hedges whose career so far has been beyond impressive.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Butz
    Topics:

Voted for Kaluuya but Driver and Pattinson are close

FYC:

Lead Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Supporting Actress: Maria Bakalova (Borat Subsequent Moviefilm)

Supporting Actor: Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I’ve gone with Driver for versatility and work rate if nothing else. I think the year off has done him good in terms of visibility as he was so visible at the end of 2019 a full slate of 2020 movies might have meant he reached saturation point (same for Chalamet)

As is, in 2021 alone he’s playing a singing comedian, a medieval knight, an opioid-addicted astronaut and the flamboyant, big spending head of a fashion house. If he pulls all of them off then he’s off to a strong start.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Leonardo DiCaprio : heading towards the end of his career really, that is not saying he over, though I don’t think Leo can or will surprise us again if he ever did? Adam Driver : not as mainstream as Bradley or Leo, I think he’ll continue expanding his horizons and better his body of work, however mainstream appeal will block him for reaching heights.

Not as mainstream because he’s not as ‘Hollywood’? Or something else? Like I agree to an extent as I don’t think we’ll see him in another franchise or anything like that any time soon, but I think he’s pretty mainstream post-SW.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    leslieit
    Topics:

Meh, this list…. Out of this Adam Driver and Daniel Kaluuya I guess.

Dev Patel and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II also.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Batman.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    leslieit
    Topics:

Leonardo Dicaprio will continue to be talented and booked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Michael B Jordan : no

What?!

Frankly I’m torn between Adam Driver and Michael B. Jordan. While Driver has been and will still become critics darling, Michael B. Jordan has both critics and popularity in his hand. The question is about someone who defines and although I choose Driver because of his consistency, I do think Michael B. Jordan only needs a chance to show his strength among these promising actors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RidleyScott
    Topics:

I voted for our winner Adam Driver

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Daniel Kaluuya will do it.

FYC:

Riz Ahmed- Best Actor for Sound Of Metal
    Daniel Kaluuya - Best Supporting Actor for Judas and the Black Messiah
    Amanda Seyfried - Best Supporting Actress for Mank

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    schmids
    Topics:

As is, in 2021 alone he’s playing a singing comedian, a medieval knight, an opioid-addicted astronaut and the flamboyant, big spending head of a fashion house. If he pulls all of them off then he’s off to a strong start.

One of the reasons I think Driver has blown up so much so fast is because he is apparently utterly fearless.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

Leonardo DiCaprio : heading towards the end of his career really, that is not saying he over, though I don’t think Leo can or will surprise us again if he ever did?
    Adam Driver : not as mainstream as Bradley or Leo, I think he’ll continue expanding his horizons and better his body of work, however mainstream appeal will block him for reaching heights.

DiCaprio may very well to be able to hold the top spot as he did in the 2000s and 2010s as he’s clearly still in his prime and requested as the first choice by pretty much every A-list filmmaker out there (he notoriously turned down Nightmare Alley and the new PTA, and read Babylon’s script) and with the upcoming McKay and Scorsese films, i think his greatest work is still ahead of him.
    If both Washington and Hanks at 65 years old can still get leading roles in good films, i’m sure he’ll be fine for at least other 20 years.

That all said i also think that Adam Driver is easily the frontrunner in this list, only for his upcoming films for this year and the next one (Annette, The Last Duel, Gucci, 65, Untitled Noah Baumbach film, Yankee Comandante, etc..)
    He’s perceived to be a throwback to the unconventional leading men, the all-time greats of the 70s who redefined cinema (Pacino, DeNiro, Nicholson, Hoffman, etc…) He’s definitely here to rise and stay at the top.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.