Home Forums Movies Which female actress do you think will dominate the 2020s??

Which female actress do you think will dominate the 2020s??

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
LA26
Stank83
Pinkpie48
Florence Pugh
Anya Taylor-Joy
Margot Robbie
Saoirse Ronan
Kaitlyn Dever
Zendaya
Ana De Armas
Thomasin McKenzie
Scarlett Johansson
Emma Stone
  • Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I consciously mixed it up a little bit with veteran actresses, young stars and up-and-comers.

You are free to add actresses who are not in the poll.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/movies/which-female-performer-will-define-feature-films-in-the-2020s/page/2/#post-1203974625

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Margot Robbie is getting an Oscar this decade. She is adored by the industry especially AATCA obviously. SAG nominated  her for Mary Queen of Flops and BAFTA double nominated her in one category.

Michelle Williams Oscar campaign manager.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I assume this thread is talking about young prospects as always, but Olivia Colman is going to be in a string of strong films and contenders if she chooses to be. She’s already going to be cast as lead in Sam Mendes’ first project since 1917 so it suggests to me it’s likely.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Stank83
    Topics:

I assume this thread is talking about young prospects as always, but Olivia Colman is going to be in a string of strong films and contenders if she chooses to be. She’s already going to be cast as lead in Sam Mendes’ first project since 1917 so it suggests to me it’s likely.

Don’t have much expectations or faith about Sam Mendes or the movie itself, but i agree she may be on a streak of great performances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Zendaya

Anya Taylor joy

Millie Bobby Brown

These 3 girls will Dominate

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gorman
    Topics:

All of those you’ve listed will continue to rise and get a nomination or several, so it’s hard to pick out one. Ronan, Stone, Johansson and Robbie are going nowhere after playing pretty dominant roles in the 2010s, and I don’t see any of these not having great decades continuing on from the last one. Taylor-Joy, De Armas, Pugh and McKenzie all have very big years coming up on the back of strong starts to the decade. Zendaya is going to remain very popular and good and will continue getting starring film roles as the decade rolls on. If I we’re forecasting, I think Robbie is the likeliest to win an Oscar – one big, lauded and inevitable starring role and I think everyone will get behind her, I get the sense she’s really well-liked – although I’m sure more than one of these will win one.

As for those who aren’t on the list, aside from the obvious massive names, I like the Olivia Colman shout above – I don’t know if ‘dominate’ is the right word, but she’s getting great roles in recent and upcoming projects and has the talent to sustain that run. Jessie Buckley is another – she’s very, very good and will inevitably start appearing in even bigger films. Elisabeth Moss too – I have a hard time believing she won’t be nominated for a few Oscars by 2030. Julia Garner seems to have been doing very well with Ozark and broke out in The Assistant – more roles at the level in more widely seen films and a strong decade is likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

We can’t really know yet. Ask again in 2027 or 2028.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pinkpie48
    Topics:

Meryl Streep alternates between okay to good decades (1990s, 2010s) and great to sublime decades (1980s, 2000s). We’re due for the latter.

She’ll dominate and get to 25 nominations and 4 wins by the end of the decade.

Frances McDormand and Olivia Colman will also continue their streak of good projects, picking up Oscars #3 and 2, respectively.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gunpowder M.M.
    Topics:

Asking at the end of the decade defeats the purpose of the thread. I’m going with Florence, Margot and Saoirse. All nominated, two are apart of the superhero franchises with award contenders lined up for them. Ronan is a 4 time nominee who will never leave Oscar “bait” projects, intentional or not, which will eventually end up as a winner.

Though dominating doesn’t necessarily mean winning the Oscar in the decade I’d assume. You could dominate cinema like Charlize, Amy Adams and Jessica Chastain. As long as you are in movie which grosses more than 500 million, jk. Cinema is meant to be more inclusive so the most effort I’d guess to see from the industry would be pushing Zendaya in the limelight, not a shade darker and/or a person of another race.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

Zendaya is so likeable. She already has an Emmy and with the right role could win an Oscar. There’s also a lot of box office potential for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

What if no one from the lineup? In the history of cinema, theatre and film have always had a symbiotic relationship. While we have so many actors starting on screen, we also have Bancroft, Andrews, Smith, Streep, Close and Blanchett who started their career on stage. The prevalence now becomes smaller, but I can see some random stage actors do it this decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Samara Weaving. She finished shooting a Hulu series called Nine Perfect Strangers last December. It also stars Nicole Kidman and Melissa McCarthy. She’s attached to play Holly Madison in an adaptation of her memoir for Sony TV, and is also attached to star in a biopic about Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gunpowder M.M.
    Topics:

What if no one from the lineup? In the history of cinema, theatre and film have always had a symbiotic relationship. While we have so many actors starting on screen, we also have Bancroft, Andrews, Smith, Streep, Close and Blanchett who started their career on stage. The prevalence now becomes smaller, but I can see some random stage actors do it this decade.

Interesting, but which stage actors dominated the 2010’s?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jajajajjaja
    Topics:

As McKenzie stan, i would love to see her pack at least a couple of nominations. She is kinda remind me of Jennifer Lawrence and Rooney Mara

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.