Home Forums Movies Who should host the 2022 Oscars?

Who should host the 2022 Oscars?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
22 hours ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
kamila
M
  • Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

Martin Short, Steve Martin and Selena Gomez!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Holland is very cute and charming, but I’m confused by this sudden uproar for him to host. I’m sure he’d do a great job, but not necessarily any more so than a lot of his peers.

I don’t think he should host at all, but in his defence he is naturally charming and a very good public speaker and storyteller. And then there’s the singing/dancing/ballet/gymnatics. Not to mention his father is a stand-up comedian.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tiermakeracco17
    Topics:

I don’t know about host, but what if they have Beavis & Butt-Head present the animation categories? They’re having a new movie after all…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Really? Pete and Holland are rumored? Are the Oscars going to be this basic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Adele would be a fun host

Absolutely. She’s naturally funny and charismatic and will help the ratings.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Tom Holland seems very unlikely. He has refused to host SNL because of his dyslexia and reading cue cards. He would have to read teleprompters all night. Maybe if he was part of a group of Marvel people, but not solo or with one other person.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Tom Holland seems very unlikely. He has refused to host SNL because of his dyslexia and reading cue cards. He would have to read teleprompters all night. Maybe if he was part of a group of Marvel people, but not solo or with one other person.

Hi Chris, this is the second time you’ve mentioned Tom “refusing” to host SNL. Do you know whether he has been approached to do so? Because my understanding was that people have interpreted general comments he has made about his dyslexia and live television in the past, and applied those comments to hypothetical SNL hosting scenarios.

Best Supporting Actress - Kathryn Hunter, Ann Dowd, Martha Plimpton, Judi Dench, Ruth Negga
    Best Supporting Actor - Troy Katsur, Ciarán Hinds, Alex Hassell, Bertie Carvel
    Best Actress - Tessa Thompson
    The Tragedy of Macbeth in Directing, Production Design, Cinematography and thee Kathryn Hunter
    Mass in Original Screenplay

The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

They have asked him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I think Tom could be a lot of fun. Imagine the cameos from his fellow Spidermen if they wanna have an on stage reunion of all three.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Give the people want they want

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    showfinatic
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    showfinatic
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/oscar-host-steve-martin-short-selena-gomez-hulu-craig-erwich-1235153470/

“I mean, they are an iconic trio,” Erwich says. “Obviously we know that because [‘Only Murders’] is our most watched comedy ever. They have mass appeal. Everybody loves them. They’d be a dream. That said, there’s a lot of incredible talent we’re considering. We’re having ongoing conversations with Will and the Academy about it.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    federico rubachin
    Topics:

variety says pete davidson is not hosting https://variety.com/2022/awards/news/pete-davidson-oscars-2022-not-hosting-1235154192/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

variety says pete davidson is not hosting https://variety.com/2022/awards/news/pete-davidson-oscars-2022-not-hosting-1235154192/

</p>
    Glory to Bast!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Steve Martin, Martin Short and Selena Gomez are honestly the best choice. They are all on Hulu show meaning that they are Disney talent and Disney owns ABC. The former two are comedy legends and Hollywood icons while Selena will bring in the millennials and Gen Zers.</p>
    Put they are two potential hurdles to them hosting.

1. I’m not sure if they are done filming the second season of Only Murders. So they might not be free to take the gig.

2. With Will Packer producing, I feel he would look for a black host. And with that said Kevin Hart will be the best option plus the whole controversy is great publicity.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.