Home Forums Movies Who should host the Oscars in 2020?

Who should host the Oscars in 2020?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
teri
Cordelia
sofan
  • Mr. Tintin
    Participant
    Topics:

No host was a great way to go last year and I’d rather they didn’t have a host this year either so they’d prove last year’s great ceremony wasn’t a fluke. Instead of a Queen performance, they can open the ceremony with a 10-12 minute performance of Original Song nominees, which would silence the “I don’t want to see songs performed, what is this the Grammys?” crowd. Then the first award of the night would be for the Original Song for a better transformation, it would look good imo. If there has to be a host then pay whatever’s necessary and give her the freedom she needs and get Phoebe Waller-Bridge to host.

I think Elton John would be a better opening, honestly, especially if Taron Egerton gets the nomination (and I think he will). Putting all the song nominees in the first 10-12 minutes would be a risk. Has there been complaints about that? Honestly, to me it feels like a way to entertain the audience.

Oscars 2020: I stan Joaquin Phoenix, Willem Dafoe, Alan Silvestri, and Dean Deblois.

Emmys 2020: I stan Logan Lerman, Olivia Colman, and David Harbour.

Tom Hanks and Amy Adams stan in general.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like I would want to see one of these 5 host:
    Jimmy Kimmel
    Ellen
    Eddie Murphy
    John Mullaney
    Billy Crystal

Saying that, I’d prefer no host again tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Has there been complaints about that? Honestly, to me it feels like a way to entertain the audience.

I like it too. But there are people asking for that category’s removal altogether, not just the performances.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

No host. But if it has to be someone… let’s just please make it a woman, okay?

(Oh, and if Gemini Man hadn’t been such a flop with no buzz, it would be hilarious if the hosts were Will Smith and Will Smith. I can totally imagine him coming out as alternating versions of himself with a couple prerecorded bits of the two versions of him interacting. Could still work with Lupita I guess? Would just be a lot of fun to see them do something interesting with that host role.)

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

With the imminent backlash Gervais is likely to receive we are either gonna get a very PC choice or no host will be the way to go.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

It’s time to post what is probably going to be my annual request:

Graham Norton or bust.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

If there *must* be a host, don’t go with a comedian. The producers always choose a stand-up “artist,” but stand-up is a broken form and nobody is good at it, let alone funny at it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.