Home Forums Movies “Wicked” movie adaption

“Wicked” movie adaption

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 274 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jeffrey Kare
braydenfitzsi..
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Outside of West Side Story, not a single musical turned film has gotten good reviews or being a massive awards contender, the chances of this being good are not high.

Exactly. Oscars lost their love for musicals some time ago

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Outside of West Side Story, not a single musical turned film has gotten good reviews or being a massive awards contender, the chances of this being good are not high.

The King & I, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Oliver!, Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret, and Chicago all got good reviews and were massive awards contenders in their respective years. Not to mention that several stage-to-screen adaptations of musicals from last year that weren’t big Oscar players were still mostly well liked such as In the Heights, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, tick, tick…BOOM!, and Cyrano.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

The King & I, My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Oliver!, Fiddler on the Roof, Cabaret, and Chicago all got good reviews and were massive awards contenders in their respective years. Not to mention that several stage-to-screen adaptations of musicals from last year that weren’t big Oscar players were still mostly well liked such as In the Heights, Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, tick, tick…BOOM!, and Cyrano.

And any Bob Fosse endeavor, like All That Jazz

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Richie Rich
    Topics:

I think this will at best perform like Wizard of Oz and at worst perform like Into The Woods in regards to the oscars.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

Will each film be 75 minutes? Because that’s the combined runtime of the play.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    K Olivia
    Topics:

Not the Wicked film being like Dune with 2 parts lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Part 1 should be good and will have an awesome ending, but then part 2 might need some beefing up tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

I guess the good news is they’re being thoughtful about it… I’m still skeptical, but it’s nice that it’ll be coming out to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

The filler that’s comin’, yikes. Major red flag alert.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

I’m currently watching this week’s episode of To Tell the Truth. Cynthia Erivo happens to be one of the celebrity panelists. They just tried to figure out which one of three people got to play a munchkin in The Wizard of Oz.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

Not sure about this direction of splitting into two parts, but they’re gonna need to justify it.

Twitter: @TheCineMike

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

I love the musical so I’m happy to hear they won’t be cutting anything. The movies might suffer in objective quality stretching it across 2 films but I’m here for some good fan service.

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jeffrey Kare
    Topics:

Not sure about this direction of splitting into two parts, but they’re gonna need to justify it.

I’m guessing that they’re gonna try to flesh out both Acts I & II with stuff from the original novel by Gregory Maguire that wasn’t included in the stage musical.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

I’m guessing that they’re gonna try to flesh out both Acts I & II with stuff from the original novel by Gregory Maguire that wasn’t included in the stage musical.

the original novel is quite bad though. Maguire had a good premise, but his writing sucks.

Will each film be 75 minutes? Because that’s the combined runtime of the play.

will make it feel even more like lightweight fluff.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 274 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.