Home Forums Movies Will Harrison Ford Finally Get a Well-Deserved Honorary Oscar in 2019?

Will Harrison Ford Finally Get a Well-Deserved Honorary Oscar in 2019?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
DaKardii
Diet Teridax
vinny
Will Harrison Ford Finally Get a Well-Deserved Honorary Oscar in 2019?
Yes
No
Hope So
Hope Not
  • ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

When it comes to blockbuster films these days, franchises are dominating the world wide Box-Office. Harrison Ford is one of, if not the first Franchise king. He has truly paved the way for many actors of today that are in successful franchises. He has starred in some of the biggest films in cinema history. Outside of his huge franchise films, he has starred in many other blockbuster films. Ford is the 2nd highest grossing film star in USA/Canada without inflation. I am certain that he would be #1 if we do include inflation.

Ford has also earned a Academy Award nomination for Best Actor in 1985. When we look back, he has had blockbuster smashes in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10’s (Currently, the highest grossing film of the 2010’s). Harrison Ford is a true star in my opinion, and I do feel he is more deserving of a Honorary Oscar than anyone else at this point.

How do you guys feel?

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope so. It is about damn time. In spite of his having mostly sold out on big paychecks and lousy scripts nowadays, he proved with Blade Runner 2049 he is still capable of giving an emotionally believable performance. Plus, he is one of the biggest movie stars of ALL TIME, if admittedly not at all one of the most talented. That star charisma sometimes is enough on its own, as I believe it is enough to justify giving Rick Deckard aka Han Solo aka Indiana Jones aka Jack Ryan an Honorary Oscar.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like he is going to retire after the next Indiana Jones movie (I think I read 2021 or something). After that I think he gets it

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

I am certain that he would be #1 if we do include inflation.

He’s number one adjusted for inflation, and number two not adjusted for inflation (Samuel L. Jackson is number one not adjusted for inflation).

Source: Box Office Mojo

ReplyCopy URL
    DaKardii
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like he is going to retire after the next Indiana Jones movie (I think I read 2021 or something). After that I think he gets it

I disagree. Personally, I believe that he’s going to pull a Christopher Plummer and start getting nominated for grandfatherly supporting roles in his ’80s.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I would agree, he doesn’t get it until after the upcoming Indiana Jones picture.

THE OSCAR 100 (#40-36): Ellen Burstyn, Katharine Hepburn, Julianne Moore, Ian McKellen and Roy Scheider

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

What I would like to know is, if the Academy does decide to give him one, will it then change its current policy and award it on the broadcast rather than at the Governors Awards dinner (and just a very brief clip of the speech appears)?

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree. Personally, I believe that he’s going to pull a Christopher Plummer and start getting nominated for grandfatherly supporting roles in his ’80s.

Even if he is one in real life, I don’t think anybody sees him like that, not even himself. Of course if he gets that role and it’s good, the simple fact that he isn’t seen as a grandfather, will bring the token and annoying “unrecognizable” storyline to the performance and position him as an overdue frontrunner. But I don’t ser him playing those roles at all.

Except for Blade Runner, he always looks annoyed and uninterested in film and interviews, I do think retirement is coming soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    JROCK1772
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be well deserved if he was awarded one. If Jackie Chan has one, he surely should have one as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    VeraDoyle
    Participant
    Topics:

There are at least 50 more deserving contenders. I have no problem with Ford and his Indiana Jones was iconic, but come on!

ReplyCopy URL
    RobertPius
    Participant
    Topics:

What I would like to know is, if the Academy does decide to give him one, will it then change its current policy and award it on the broadcast rather than at the Governors Awards dinner (and just a very brief clip of the speech appears)?

I doubt it. They didn’t do it for Oprah and she’s Oprah!

ReplyCopy URL
    Karofsky
    Participant
    Topics:

Of course not!

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

There are at least 50 more deserving contenders. I have no problem with Ford and his Indiana Jones was iconic, but come on!

Han Solo too, don’t forget. He made the simple quote “I know” iconic in Empire Strikes Back.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if he is one in real life, I don’t think anybody sees him like that, not even himself. Of course if he gets that role and it’s good, the simple fact that he isn’t seen as a grandfather, will bring the token and annoying “unrecognizable” storyline to the performance and position him as an overdue frontrunner. But I don’t ser him playing those roles at all.

Except for Blade Runner, he always looks annoyed and uninterested in film and interviews, I do think retirement is coming soon.

I have to agree. He seems like he is just going through the motions and then he revisited Han Solo and Blade Runner and then Indiana Jones was announced and all I keep thinking is “The way to retire would be to revisit the roles that made you iconic”. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if they threw a Witness sequel in too just to make it an even 4.

ReplyCopy URL
    ENGLAND
    Participant
    Topics:

Like who?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.