Home Forums Movies WINNERS ANNOUNCED for 2013 Gold Derby Film Awards

WINNERS ANNOUNCED for 2013 Gold Derby Film Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
5 years ago
replies
views
users
Chris Beachum
Riley
Gabriel
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The Gold Derby Film Awards are decided by users of this website like YOU. Never mind what those voters for other awards say is the best film or performance of the year. Nobody knows the truth better than Gold Derby readers, who are such award nuts that they insist upon bestowing their own kudos.

They were launched in 2002 when winners included “Chicago,” Julianne Moore (“Far From Heaven”), Daniel Day-Lewis (“Gangs of New York”), Meryl Streep (“Adaptation”), and Chris Cooper (“Adaptation”).

The awards have continued annually for the past decade, with last year’s winners including “Argo,” Jennifer Lawrence (“Silver Linings Playbook”), Day-Lewis (“Lincoln”), Anne Hathaway (“Les Miserables”), and Leonardo DiCaprio (“Django Unchained”). For a complete list of all past winners and nominees, click the stickied thread at the top of the Oscars forum.

If you’re already registered at Gold Derby, cast your ballot by going to your home page and clicking on Vote Gold Derby Awards in the left-hand column under Predictions.

If you are not registered, do so for free on our home page. You can also log in with your Facebook account.

Vote for your favorites for Best Picture, all the acting categories, many technical categories (like film editing, cinematography, original score, production design, and more). We even ask your opinions on the top ensemble and best breakthrough performance of 2013.

ALL VOTING ENDS AT MIDNIGHT ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 31.

Nominations in 22 categories will be announced on February 3. You can then vote on the final winners, with the ultimate results announced just before the Oscars on Thursday, February 27.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You have until February 3 to vote for these awards, giving you plenty of time to see all the films opening in December and January.

Go ahead and start voting NOW!! You can always make changes as often as you like through February 3.

Feel free to campaign for a SMALL number of your favorites in this thread. BUT do not post your ballot here.

Based on your feedback from the past couple of years, you are ony allowed to vote for your three favorites in each category. That is the way we did things for years when ballots were tabulated by hand. The best thing about that process is that it forces everyone to only choose their most passionate films/performances and not just add things to fill out their final slots on the ballot.

Also, if there is something or someone you really want to put on your ballot that has been left off our list, send me a Private Message by clicking my name to the left. Only send me one or two names, BUT you must be voting for that person/film. Don’t send me names just because you believe they belong on the ballot. You MUST be voting for them. We will then consider adding them (not guaranteed).

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Wanted to vote Pacific Rim for Best Picture, but wasn’t eligible for voting… what a gyp.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s probably a good thing.

I kid. Sort of. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Cool.

Not that she will get many votes or even one from me, but just a heads-up that Emma Watson is listed a lead actress for The Bling Ring, although she does not even play the most prominent female character in the movie.

ReplyCopy URL
    james alexander clim
    Participant
    Topics:

Isn’t SHort Term 12 an adapted screenplay? Also, would you guys add Upstream Color? I know it is an outside shot, but it was one of the best reviewed films this year

ReplyCopy URL
    james alexander clim
    Participant
    Topics:

I wanted to ask, if it is not too much trouble, to add Upstream Color, Shane Carruth for best director, Amy Seimetz for best actress and the film itslef in the soound category – I do intend to vote for it in this categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

For your Consideration in All Categories
    Inluding Best Picture, Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay,  Best Foreign Language Film

Thanks

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

Isn’t SHort Term 12 an adapted screenplay? Also, would you guys add Upstream Color? I know it is an outside shot, but it was one of the best reviewed films this year

I’d probably vote for Upstream Color too. Amazing film – it’s a shame it didn’t qualify for Best Picture at the Oscars (not that it stood a chance anyway.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:
    ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Thanks for your suggestions (other than Pacific Rim for BP).

ReplyCopy URL
    james alexander clim
    Participant
    Topics:

FYC: UPSTREAM COLOR 

Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actress

Guys, seriously, give it a shot.  How often does the film stays with you and makes you feel as if you have seen smth for the first time?  On paper it looks like the most pretentious film you can imagine, but it is really not. I won’t claim that I get what it was about beyond the storyline, but ultimately Upstream Color is an experience. It’s great, it’s captivating, it’s simply amazing! 

ReplyCopy URL
    Yakob
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to have Upstream Color for Score, too. I would vote for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Malick
    Topics:

Please if possible add “Aint Them Bodies Saints” and “Oblivion” for score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr. Maker
    Topics:
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.