Home Forums Movies Wonder Woman: 1984

Wonder Woman: 1984

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
John Berchmans
ENGLAND
Dan Backslide
  • Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

I liked it. Didn’t love it. My grade: B+.
    What I need aswers to though: The last we see of Cheetah? Cuz I hope not.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

My heart breaks for this because I truly wanted to love this movie but it completely failed. How can she fall like this after the incredible previous WW movie?

Patty got rid of some people who gave her a hard time with the first movie. She had complete control over 1984 and gave us this??? On top of that, she had well over a year to make some changes. The first few minutes were great. The movie got worse by the minute.

Every movie I’ve anticipated this year has sucked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monsoon 🌊
    Topics:

Some of the reactions to WW84 are a bit over the top. It’s an adequate follow up with some fun action sequences and a few heartfelt moments.

I seriously can’t believe there’s Razzie discourse over Pedro Pascal’s performance. He was my absolute favorite actor in the film.

Kristen Wiig is fine as Cheetah. Her character could’ve gone through a more dramatic metamorphosis. But I didn’t think her portrayal was as cringe as the trailers indicated.

It’s not a perfect movie by any means. But some of the reviews show clear bias…in more ways than one. Film Twitter/reviewers are clearly butt hurt that this debuted on HBO Max and not in theaters. Throw in Gal Gadot’s “Imagine” mishap, a general disdain for the superhero genre, and you’ve got the perfect target for a lot of over analyzed criticisms.

👑Cicely Tyson (1924-2021)
    👑Mary Wilson (1944-2021)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

It’s not a perfect movie by any means. But some of the reviews show clear bias…in more ways than one. Film Twitter/reviewers are clearly butt hurt that this debuted on HBO Max and not in theaters. Throw in Gal Gadot’s “Imagine” mishap, a general disdain for the superhero genre, and you’ve got the perfect target for a lot of over analyzed criticisms.

No, I don’t think this is fair. Most people are rightfully criticizing the film for it’s awful rushed storyline filled with cliche writing and riddled with plot holes. I’ve seen many reviews and not a single one has mentioned the HBO Max drama or any of the other things you brought up. If you like the film, that’s perfectly fine, but don’t act like everyone else’s criticisms are invalid. The general consensus is that this film’s script is about on par with the last Star Wars film: that is to say, very very bad.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Youn Yuh-Jung
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FairWeatherAffair
    Topics:

Lmfao not only is there a rapey plot conceit, but Gal the Zionist is the savior of the Arab children? This shit was terrible.

Obviously, this production team should never be allowed to work together like this again.

She’s a truly talentless actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AWDubay
    Topics:

I enjoyed it , i think people were taking it way seriously and not just enjoying the ride. Gal is such a presence and really one of the most magnetic stars in films . Wigg and Pascal were great IMO

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chevi
    Topics:

The plot is so dumb and has some many holes that it’s like it has been written by a 10 years old kid. Seriously, in some parts I laughed for how bad it is.

And I can’t believe some critics are nominating it for best special effects.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    RIDLEY SCOTT
    Topics:

Worst movie ever. 2020 was a very awful year even for movies

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Worst movie ever. 2020 was a very awful year even for movies

I feel like if you were only looking at the blockbusters it will pretty disappointing, but the awards season contenders were still very good. Not as good as last year, of course, but I don’t think we’ll get another awards season like last year for a very long time.

John's Best of 2020

John's Best of 2021

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

This wasn’t very good, but there were some definite strong elements to it. I feel like with a major rewrite this could’ve been a great film. As it is though, it’s a very flawed picture, and nowhere near as good as the first one.

The best part is Pedro Pascal. He’s the only piece of this film that had me totally engaged at all times. Not only is his character the best written role, but he plays it beautifully. It made me sad that this character and performance were stuck in a film that’s not anywhere near their level.

I wasn’t sure about Wiig, but her performance here is actually very strong, and she made for another entertaining villain to compliment Pascal, though as it went on, her role felt diminished and less interesting, with her final fight being quite a let down. Still, Kristen did what she could and much like Pedro, I wish she was in a better project because she made the most of what she had with a pretty crappy script.

Gadot and Pine are still very charming and strong in these roles, but they were much better in the first one where the writing was stronger and their performances were more fresh. Also, they’re romance is so damn creepy here, and that element could’ve been so easily written out that I’m baffled at why they included it in the first place. The two baddies handily stole this film from them.

It’s all too long, there’s tons of filler that could’ve been cut out and lots of holes that should’ve been plugged. The look and feel is cool most of the time, but sometimes it’s rather unimpressive and becomes as sappy as the plot itself. Like I said, there’s definitely some stuff to like, mostly related to Pascal and Wiig, but there’s too much crap bogging it down, with the end result being quite messy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ayodele
    Topics:

I haven’t seen such a bad thread in a very long time … Sincerely DC and Warner really threw 200 million. Bad acting, a bad villain …

TweakBox Tutuapp

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

Before WW1984’s release, it had been “Certified Fresh” on Rotten Tomatoes due to the overwhelmingly positive response of critics who had seen the film at pre-release screenings.

Just fifteen days after the film’s release, it had dropped from “Certified Fresh” to “Rotten.” Since then it has risen back up to “Fresh,” but at exactly 60%.

What do you make of that?

https://movieweb.com/wonder-woman-1984-rotten-tomatoes-score/

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_1984

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DaKardii
    Topics:

LOL at those terrible reviews from non-privilated, non-access media critics! And from audiences! I knew this film would be terrible as soon as I found out that the awful leaked plot from last year was actually correct. I should have known: it was the same site that leaked The Rise of Skywalker’s equally awful plot. They must have good sources for terrible movies over there. I have no interest in seeing this film until I can get it for free or maybe not even then. A magical Macguffin rock that grants wishes (which is a half-step below “It was all a dream” on the list of worst movie cliches) the laziest explanation ever for Steve’s return, and another awful final battle with Cats-CGI Cheetah? No thanks.

What site leaked the plots?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

What site leaked the plots?

Unfortunately I can’t remember. All I remember is that the same website leaked both plots at nearly the same time.

John's Best of 2020

John's Best of 2021

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Just fifteen days after the film’s release, it had dropped from “Certified Fresh” to “Rotten.”

When did it dropped to Rotten?: I’ve been watching the Tomatometer since release and I never saw it drop below 60%.

John's Best of 2020

John's Best of 2021

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.