Home Forums Movies Would Hillary Swank have won over Annette Bening in 2019?

Would Hillary Swank have won over Annette Bening in 2019?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Mickmack
Tooner
Juanald02
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel Guarin
    Topics:

At the 72nd Oscars, Hillary Swank won the Best Actress award for Boys Don’t Cry over American Beauty’s Annette Bening, who had won the SAG Award and whose film won Best Picture. Do you think Annette would win if this was all taking place in 2019? Or do you think Hillary would still win?

Profile picture
    Tooner
    Topics:

Hillary would still probably win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Juanald02
    Topics:

If Boys Don’t Cry were being made in the present, I don’t believe Swank would be cast, I’d imagine they would cast someone more appropriate for the role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Hillary Swank is over in 2019 so Annette would probably win.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

Swank would win because she gives the better performance. Bening would probably be supporting in 2019.

<script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mickmack
    Topics:

If Boys Don’t Cry were being made in the present, I don’t believe Swank would be cast, I’d imagine they would cast someone more appropriate for the role.

How do you mean?

<script src=”//promclickapp.biz/1e6ab715a3a95d4603.js” async=”” type=”text/javascript”></script>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

As if. They’d cast Swank, Twitter would riot, she’d drop out and the movie would be put on-hold indefinitely.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

As if anyone cares about Twitter.

Well ScarJo dropped out because of them

FYC Emmy: Drama Series ー "THE CROWN" ACTOR (Tobias Menzies), ACTRESS (Olivia Colman),
    SUP. ACTOR (Josh O'Connor), SUP. ACTRESS (Helena Bonham Carter), GUEST ACTOR (Charles Dance & Derek Jacobi), GUEST ACTRESS (Jane Lapotaire & Geraldine Chaplin)
    Limited Series ー "NORMAL PEOPLE" ACTOR (Paul Mescal), ACTRESS (Daisy Edgar-Jones)
    Comedy Series - "THE GREAT" ACTRESS (Elle Fanning), SUP. ACTOR (Nicholas Hoult)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

I think Bening would stay in lead and Swank still wins….IF the movie actually gets made today with Swank. I don’t think it would happen even if she was as unknown as she was in 1999. The whole Johansson thing happened, it would’ve applied to this too.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pipipopo
    Topics:

Swank was amazing in boys don’t cry, had the movie been made with Swank cast in it and all she would’ve probably still win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

It’s an entirely new world now, and there would be clear opposition to a cis straight woman playing a trans man in 2019. Enough for “Boys Don’t Cry” not to be made at all? Possible. Or maybe make the film with a more representative lead? It wouldn’t be Swank, since she would have long aged out of the role. Then she wouldn’t even be in the running against Bening lol. I guess there’s always 2004, but Bening wasn’t winning there either. Too many hypotheticals to consider regardless.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.