Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 572 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Chrissy
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Paul Sheehan
    Topics:

Let’s keep the conversation going here.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Paul Sheehan.
    Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I see Abel’s team submitting every video, like Billie Eilish last year (with “when the party’s over”, “bad guy” and “bury a friend”). However I don’t think he’ll be nominated – and if so, it’ll be the only mainstream choice alongside “The Box”.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

I see Abel’s team submitting every video, like Billie Eilish last year (with “when the party’s over”, “bad guy” and “bury a friend”). However I don’t think he’ll be nominated – and if so, it’ll be the only mainstream choice alongside “The Box”.

She submitted Bad Guy.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

She submitted Bad Guy.

just this one? surprised. anyways, I don’t think he’ll be nominated despite the After Hours videos being aesthetically pleasing.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I love to see the hypocrisy when the main reason people use for Fiona Apple to win AOTY is because of her undeniable critical success, while when you talk about Dua Lipa in Pop Vocal having both having critical success and commercial success, it’s dismissed for a man that went 0/6, even when he should have won once, as well as a man who has been in a boyband and never won before.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Haters: “Well AOTY is different from Pop Vocal”

No it’s not. Since 2016 with Taylor Swifts win, a majority of albums that win AOTY have been pop hits, pop stars, or pop infused albums. Pop literally has the GF under their spell. So I’m not sure y’all are understanding.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

I love to see the hypocrisy when the main reason people use for Fiona Apple to win AOTY is because of her undeniable critical success, while when you talk about Dua Lipa in Pop Vocal having both having critical success and commercial success, it’s dismissed for a man that went 0/6, even when he should have won once, as well as a man who has been in a boyband and never won before.

First of all, Fetch The Bolt Cutters is much more acclaimed than Future Nostalgia.
    Second, Future Nostalgia is not really successful for its genre. It only has one smash hit and another decent hit pushed with payola. The album is not selling nor getting streamed.

Last.fm: https://www.last.fm/es/user/Into_You
    https://letterboxd.com/cherry123/

Profile picture
    James Dean
    Topics:

The album is not selling nor getting streamed.

U must be joking,  right?  It is getting the most daily streams among all femal albums over 8 million+ streams daily.  It’s even outstreaming chromatica (6 million).  And it is a successful album.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Lady Gaga is only getting two nominations – Best Pop Duo/Group Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album.  No wins.  To be honest, she deserves zero, zilch, nada.  “Rain On Me” is NOT happening in Best Music Video.  Stop being delusional.

Profile picture
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Topics:

“Ain’t Always the Cowboy” from Jon Pardi for Best Country Solo! (smiles)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

First of all, Fetch The Bolt Cutters is much more acclaimed than Future Nostalgia. Second, Future Nostalgia is not really successful for its genre. It only has one smash hit and another decent hit pushed with payola. The album is not selling nor getting streamed.

1. Critical Acclaim is still critical acclaim, especially since there has no commercial pop album that has received this much acclaim since LEMONADE.

2. I’m not sure Payola is being one of the most streamed songs of the year, in the US or Worldwide. “Payola” isn’t almost a billion Spotify streams in just 6 months.

3. Nonetheless you are using an album that has no commercial success nor any campaigning. Kacey Musgraves didn’t win because she was the most critical acclaimed album there, Janelle Monaé did. She won because she campaigned the shit out of that album. Whether it was music videos or interviews. Sis really came through with that. Fiona Apple needs to campaign at least during nominations.

FYC:

Profile picture
    5arteet
    Topics:

Second, Future Nostalgia is not really successful for its genre. It only has one smash hit and another decent hit pushed with payola. The album is not selling nor getting streamed.

Wrong. It’s consistently out-streaming every female album on Spotify, despite being released 4 months ago.

Most streamed female album released in 2020 with 1.9B streams. Try again.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Wrong. It’s consistently out-streaming every female album on Spotify, despite being released 4 months ago.

Most streamed female album released in 2020 with 1.9B streams. Try again.

Thanks to DSN being a smash hit, like I said, as a result of spending 170 days on TTH and every possible playlist. The same is happening with her next single but there is no real demand for that one. The album just barely cracked 500k in the US. It’s not even close to previous winners.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, The Weeknd is NOT happening in Best Music Video.  He’ll still get 5-6 nominations.

Profile picture
    Wanda
    Topics:

Anyway, the Dua Lipa discussion is tired. You will all come down once nominations are out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.