Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 568 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS ⚡️
Prada
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Hmmm I am still waiting for more information on Megan’s shooting. We still have no idea who shot her or why, or even where on her body she was shot. People are speculating that she was hit in the foot, but if she was hit multiple times it seems unlikely that all of the bullets hit her foot.

Here is what I have gathered from all the articles I read and from the two videos of the police standoff. Megan was swimming at Kylie Jenner’s house on Sunday afternoon with Kylie and Tory Lanez. After leaving, there was some sort of altercation in which Megan got shot. When police arrived on the scene, there was a standoff which was caught on video where Megan, Tory and another female are ordered to get out of a black SUV with their hands above their heads and lie facedown on the pavement. Megan was not arrested, and Tory was arrested for possession of an illegal firearm. In the video, Megan is seen limping and leaving bloody footprints on the sidewalk, which is the reason why people are speculating that she was shot in the foot. Megan then posted on Instagram that she was intentionally shot multiple times by someone, and that had the bullets surgically removed and will make a full recovery. She has since deleted her Instagram. Despite what all the comments section say, Tory did not shoot Megan, otherwise he would have gotten a more serious charge than just firearms possession. I think it is much more likely that the shooter fled the scene of the crime, and I expect that there is an ongoing police investigation that will likely end in an arrest.

Grammy voters may not directly take her shooting into account when voting on BNA, but I think it will impact her momentum and chart performance. Her label will want to capitalize on this publicity and will give her increased priority over other artists. She will have lots of writers, producers and guest artists wanting to be on the first post-shooting Megan tracks, so she will have a ton of resources and collaborators to release top quality music. When she does release, she will have tons of hype and will immediately get placed at the top of every hiphop playlist. A big impact on streaming will be a good runway to get her onto the radio, securing high chart placement and longevity, which will ultimately translate into increased BNA favorability.

Profile picture
    gold rush
    Topics:

Everyone can’t win BNA with one eligible single like Xtina 😉

i believe the album was out before eligibility

Congratulations Taylor Swift on 6 Grammy Nominations
    Album of the Year: folklore
    Song of the Year: cardigan
    Pop Solo Performance: cardigan
    Pop Duo/Group Performance: exile feat. Bon Iver
    Pop Vocal Album: folklore
    Song Written for Visual Media: Beautiful Ghosts

Profile picture
    storminthedark
    Topics:

1. Roddy Ricch – The Box 2. Dua Lipa – Physical or Break My Heart 3. Harry Styles – Falling or Adore You 4. Rina Sawayama – bad friend 5. Coldplay – Trouble In Town I’m predicting a Mainstream-heavy lineup this year.

Agreed that BMV will be more mainstream-heavy this year. I could see them rewarding one of the more creative videos made in quarantine too. I wonder if Dua will submit both Physical and Break My Heart, they might cancel each other out if she does. Harry seems like a safe choice given the Adore You music video is more like a short film than a music video, and it had the Eroda campaign surrounding it as well as being directed by Dave Meyers.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

https://www.metacritic.com/music/gaslighter/the-chicks

it’s going to be hard to deny the chicks…

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Doja Cat was always ahead of Megan in BNA. Before and After the controversy.

Anyways I hope Doja submits:

Say So – ROTY,SOTY, Pop Solo, Music Video
    Juicy (if eligible) – Pop Duo/Group
    Like That f/Gucci Mane – Melodic Rap Performance
    Rules – Rap Performance, Rap Song
    Streets – R&B Performance, R&B Song
    Hot Pink – Progressive R&B Album, AOTY
    Boss Bitch – Song for Visual Media

Besides BNA the only other category I would love for her to get in if I had it my way was Rules in Rap Performance. Because women are at such a disadvantage when it comes to that category and Doja rapped her ass of on that record.

Y’all have to stop this Doja mess. She is getting BNA and one genre nom at BEST. I don’t know why y’all are stuck on that girl as if she is another Cardi, SZA, or even Ella Mai.

Profile picture
    ScottyDog
    Topics:

With The Killers rescheduling for the end of August, only Alicia Keys and Sam Smith are still pending from COVID delays. Both of which were underperforming on their singles and buzz. A good reason to rethink the albums a bit I’m guessing. Sam is already renaming it and you can bet he’ll throw a few ballads on there that could perform better than his dancier music.

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

The chicks is going to surprise all of us in.

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, I beg to differ.  Doja Cat is NOT a lock in any category.  She could easily get snubbed in Record of the Year and/or Best New Artist.  We’ve seen it happen plenty of times.

Profile picture
    Vicennn
    Topics:

Dr Luke nominated for ROTY? Say So nom is not happening there

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

https://www.metacritic.com/music/gaslighter/the-chicks

it’s going to be hard to deny the chicks…

Unless their album sells like crazy, they will be easy to deny. Even Adele could be blocked next time. After that famous Ed Sheeran snub, everything is possible now. Shape of You is literally the best selling song of all time.

Profile picture
    arodfan
    Topics:

https://www.metacritic.com/music/gaslighter/the-chicks it’s going to be hard to deny the chicks…

I know. A comeback by a band that previously swept is going to be tough to resist, and with great reviews(and great sales, probably), they’ve solidified themselves as a contender. I doubt they’ll win, but they’ve got a shot.

With The Killers rescheduling for the end of August, only Alicia Keys and Sam Smith are still pending from COVID delays. Both of which were underperforming on their singles and buzz. A good reason to rethink the albums a bit I’m guessing. Sam is already renaming it and you can bet he’ll throw a few ballads on there that could perform better than his dancier music.

*they’ll

Profile picture
    ELIAS ⚡️
    Topics:

https://www.metacritic.com/music/gaslighter/the-chicks it’s going to be hard to deny the chicks…

sis, it barely came out. bruh just wait until the album comes out before we talk about critical acclaim, none of the music publications came out with a review, most are just newspapers. Wait!

Albums of the Year:
    2020: After Hours (RU: folklore)
    2019: Titanic Rising (RU: Charli)
    2018: OIL OF EVERY PEARL’S UN-INSIDES (RU: You Won’t Get What You Want)
    2017: Saturation Trilogy (RU: Melodrama)
    2016: Blonde (RU: Blackstar)

2020 favorite albums:
    1. after hours
    2. folklore
    3. fetch the bolt cutters
    4. rtj4
    5. what’s your pleasure?
    6. circles
    7. windswept adan
    8. græ
    9. the slow rush
    10. sawayama
    11. the new abnormal
    12. lianne la havas
    13. women in music pt. iii

Profile picture
    Prada
    Topics:

Honey, The Chicks are fucking legends!  It was a no-brainer their new album will be critically-acclaimed.  However, given the current climate, it would NOT be a good look to go all white again in the General Field.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

The Chicks could happen in SOTY but AOTY is too crowded. Post, The Weeknd, and Roddy are practically locks and The Highwomen, Fiona, Dua, and Harry are all very likely. I see them going with political picks (Run the Jewels, Jay Electronica), blockbuster albums (Bad Bunny, Lil Uzi, Lil Baby) or overdue acts (Tame Impala) over The Chicks. An 88 MC score is not undeniable, specially given those tend to go down a little as reviews go in. They can happen but I don’t see it this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 568 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.