Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 568 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
PSALMS🌕
DaBaby
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I’d also argue The Slow Rush is a better alternative album than Fiona Apple banging shit in her kitchen while trying to be wOkE but that’s just me.

This might the worst take in the history of takes about Fetch the Bolt Cutters

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

this grammy cycle is finally taking form, I can see the nominations being like: The Weeknd – 7-8 Roddy Ricch 6-7 Megan Thee Stallion 5-6 Post Malone 4-5 Doja Cat 4-5 Drake 4-5 Dua Lipa 4-5 Harry Styles 3-4 Lady Gaga 3-4 Beyoncé 2-3 Eminem 2-3 Justin Bieber 1-2 Billie Eilish 1-2 Ariana Grande 1-2 BTS 0-1 Taylor Swift 0-1

Fiona Apple is very likely to get 7 nominations

In before somebody asks:

Album of the year
    Record of the year
    Song of the year
    Rock Performance
    Rock Song
    Alternative Album
    Engineering

Profile picture
    John Berchmans
    Topics:

Fiona Apple is very likely to get 7 nominations In before somebody asks: Album of the year Record of the year Song of the year Rock Performance Rock Song Alternative Album Engineering

Fiona won’t get Record of the Year. Song of the Year for Shameika is very likely though.

John's Best of 2020

Best Picture: Soul
    Best Direction: The Midnight Sky
    Best Actor: Chadwick Boseman
    Best Actress: Viola Davis
    Best Supporting Actor: Delroy Lindo
    Best Supporting Actress: Amanda Seyfried
    Best Screenplay: Soul

John's Best of 2021

Best Picture: Nomadland
    Best Direction: Nomadland
    Best Actor: Lakeith Stanfield
    Best Actress: Frances McDormand
    Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya
    Best Supporting Actress: Dominique Fishback
    Best Screenplay: Judas and the Black Messiah

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

I want to believe the committee will go ga-ga over her, no matter what she submits. Even Jay-Z included Under the Table on one of his playlists. Her appeal is unparalleled this awards season. But that’s just my opinion don’t kick me.

Profile picture
    Yalizzo McGuire
    Topics:

Her album was not enjoyable as much as her past work. I really like the first two songs, but the rest is kinda all over the place. According to this group chat, these are the Dance/Electronic Album nominations so far: Suddenly – Caribou Bubba – Kaytranada Kick i – Arca Energy – Disclosure I don’t know who else? Flume?

• ENERGY – Disclosure
    • Suddenly – Caribou
    • Bubba – Kaytranada
    • R.Y.C. – Mura Masa
    • What We Drew – Yaeji

Other options: Supervision – LaRoux; Kick i – Arca; 2017-2019 – Against All Logic; Dancing On The People EP – Sofi Tukker; Alive and Feeling Fine – Lost Frequencies; all Vissible Objects – Moby; Pop Music / False B-Sides II – Baths

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

Fiona Apple is very likely to get 7 nominations In before somebody asks: Album of the year Record of the year Song of the year Rock Performance Rock Song Alternative Album Engineering

While she is the front runner for the 3 album categories, I don’t see her Rock Song/Performance submissions receiving General Field nominations. They would rather give the slot to fillers and chart hits.

Or in case they hate The Weeknd & Dua Lipa and want to give Brittany Howard a chance to win something, they could snub Fiona in the Rock field and just let her win AOTY-ROTY-SOTY-Alt Album. But that would prompt her to do 3 acceptance speeches dragging the Grammys. 

so anyways, AOTY, Alt Album, Rock Song, Rock Performance and Engineered Album will most likely be her nominations (and wins).

FYC:

Record of the Year: Hit Different by SZA ft. Pharrell Williams & co.
    Song of the Year: Good Days by SZA ft. Jacob Collier

Profile picture
    Yalizzo McGuire
    Topics:

They give me Harmony Hall vibes in that they are definitely pop songs but will probably get into rock. I assume Breathe Deeper is going Pop and Lost In Yesterday to Rock.

But Harmony Hall was kinda protest song. That’s why it could get into rock.

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

Profile picture
    Steve johnson
    Topics:

Is there any info about cardi B 2nd album??

Profile picture
    Matheus Vaz
    Topics:

Sis better win rock song, performance and alternative album!

Profile picture
    ciguanaba
    Topics:

But Harmony Hall was kinda protest song. That’s why it could get into rock.

Another reason I read that it got into rock song: the guitar solo near the end. lol. Also, it has a beautiful, soulful Grateful Dead-ish bridge.

It’s a very poppy song for sure, like almost everything VW does, but it was one of the best written songs of the year. It should’ve been included in SOTY, too.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I want to believe the committee will go ga-ga over her, no matter what she submits. Even Jay-Z included Under the Table on one of his playlists. Her appeal is unparalleled this awards season. But that’s just my opinion don’t kick me.

Fiona’s impact is the most difficult to decipher. She’s gonna get a handful of nods, including AOTY. (And yes, she has a solid chance to win). But she could get anywhere from 3 to 8 nominations. It’s hard to tell how widely the album will be embraced by voters and the committee from a nomination standpoint. It is a non easy listening jazz-folk-punk album that hasn’t sold much, has no singles and has no music vids, and Fiona likely won’t be campaigning. On the other hand, it will be easily the most critically acclaimed album this year, has maintained its acclaim and buzz and is from a respected and influential artist. I think the tipping point might be how much the entertainment industry seems to want in on its supposed cache. It has gotten shout-outs from mainstream acts like Jay-Z, Gaga, Ariana, The (Dixie) Chicks, Harry Styles, Jack Antonoff and from many supposed “hipster” acts and from “vet” rockers and plenty of actors and filmmakers. The few here who underestimate it don’t seem to realize that its stock extends quite a bit beyond a Metacritic score. I’m thinking AOTY, Alternative, Rock performance and sound engineering is its floor. But I hesitate beyond that, especially ROTY and even SOTY.

Cardi B is worried about her baby and staying out of prison. When she does pop back up, that first single needs to fire. Because folks are very ready to cast her off.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I only have Fiona for 4 awards (AOTY, Alt. Album, Eng Album, and Rock Song). I don’t think the rock panel will nominate her across the board.

She’s very likely to win all her noms.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 568 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.