Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 572 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Chrissy
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    AwardsBait3818
    Topics:

DSN is 100% a lock in ROTY; the others I agree with.

While I think “Don’t Start Now” will be nominated in ROTY I don’t see it as an undeniable pick like “Blinding Lights”, “Circles”, and “The Box”. Dua could realistically only be nominated Pop Vocal Album, though I also have her in AOTY and ROTY.

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Roddy is the breakthrough rap act of the year. I think he’s at least a lock for a Rap Album nomination. It’s also worth noting that he won Album of the Year at the BET Awards, so his industry support is there.

Profile picture
    HDSings
    Topics:

I know it’s kind of far thinking but who do y’all think will open for the 2021 ceremony? Will it be Abel or someone else?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

There’s a good chance Roddy Ricch wins Rap Album. The only real competition will be Run the Jewels, but they’ve been losing hype. The Lil’s will not win.

In fact, he could easily win 4 Grammy’s (Rap Album, Rap Song, Melodic Rap Perf, BMV). Rap Song could go to The Bigger Picture though.

Talking about rap songs, I wonder if it might be wiser to submit Savage in Pop Duo. It’s a weak year, its only competition would be Rain On Me, and it’ll be the biggest hit eligible. Beyoncé also got 2 surprise pop nods, so there might be love from pop voters.

FYC: Phoebe Bridgers - Best New Artist
    Punisher - AOTY, Alt. Album
    Kyoto - ROTY, Rock Performance
    I Know The End - Rock Song, Best Music Video
    Punisher (song) - SOTY, Pop Solo

FYC: Conan Gray - BNA
    The Story - SOTY

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

“Savage” won’t enter pop field, it’s not even pop – also Megan’s name. Fingers crossed it will be Beyoncé’s 25th Grammy somehow. (Edit: yes, neither was “Old Town Road”, but this has rap elements all over it – and “Old Town Road” was moved to the pop field, maybe to ensure a rap/sung performance win. They do it.)

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Savage should not submit to Pop Solo. Just because you are poppin on pop radio doesn’t mean you a pop star. She wouldn’t even win there because Gaga and Ariana are the frontrunners regardless. I say still to your own guts and claim what she is… a rapper.

She’s losing regardless. Her best place to win at is against Doja in BNA.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I know it’s kind of far thinking but who do y’all think will open for the 2021 ceremony? Will it be Abel or someone else?

The Weeknd would be so boring. I’d say:

-Megan Thee Stallion & Beyoncé with Savage (Remix) + Black Parade.
    -Doja Cat with Like That, Say So, and Juicy.
    -Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande with Rain On Me.
    -Dua Lipa with Hallucinate + Don’t Start Now.
    -Harry Styles with Watermelon Sugar.

The Story - SOTY

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Dua Lipa.

Edit: no sorry I would like to see Roddy Ricch performing the Box, any song from PEMFBA and Rockstar.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Savage should not submit to Pop Solo. Just because you are poppin on pop radio doesn’t mean you a pop star. She wouldn’t even win there because Gaga and Ariana are the frontrunners regardless. I say still to your own guts and claim what she is… a rapper.

She’s losing regardless. Her best place to win at is against Doja in BNA.

Pop Duo*. Also, Savage is just as big of a pop hit as Old Town Road was. Both were top 10 hits on pop radio, and if “rapping” is the problem then Fancy is right there.

I think Roddy Ricch is harder to beat in Rap Song/Melodic Rap than Gaga + Ariana in Pop Duo.

The Story - SOTY

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I see Dua or maybe Harry.
    Harry will likely be the 2021 Ariana: used to attrack ratings/tweets, and then a category where he’s nominated will be broadcast and he’ll predictably lose. Don’t doubt Grammy producers. They’ll do it.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

Abel will likely be the first confirmed performer. Don’t know why, but I’m feeling it. (Perhaps to ensure he’ll be the big name and to enhance his campaign, as Billie last year?)

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

Abel will likely be the first confirmed performer. Don’t know why, but I’m feeling it. (Perhaps to ensure he’ll be the big name and to enhance his campaign, as Billie last year?)

We’re already talking about performers? Let’s get through the next few months and see how the show will even happen with all that’s going on.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

This rap / pop conversation for “Savage” is great. I can see an “Old Town Road” scenario where “Savage” is submitted to rap, but they move to pop and it gets nominated – if so, it’ll be a great competition. Would be great if it wins, but let’s just sit and wait.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Pop Duo*. Also, Savage is just as big of a pop hit as Old Town Road was. Both were top 10 hits on pop radio, and if “rapping” is the problem then Fancy is right there. I think Roddy Ricch is harder to beat in Rap Song/Melodic Rap than Gaga + Ariana in Pop Duo.

Old Town Road and Savage REMIX are two different songs. Fancy wasn’t nominated because of race genre politics, sis definitely raps on the album. Beyoncé when rap/singing as of late has always been in rap/sung or r&b performance: Drunk in Love, Freedom, Family Feud, Summer… I could go on and on. The last time she go into Pop Duo was with Lady Gaga with Telephone. Both are Black artists, one a black rapper. It’s a possibility, but I don’t see them, rather they shouldn’t go to, pop duo.

FYC:

Profile picture
    PoweR
    Topics:

This rap / pop conversation for “Savage” is great. I can see an “Old Town Road” scenario where “Savage” is submitted to rap, but they move to pop and it gets nominated – if so, it’ll be a great competition. Would be great if it wins, but let’s just sit and wait.

There’s nothing “pop” about “Savage”. It will be placed and easily accepted in Rap. Pop isn’t even a possibility.

“Old Town Road” and “Savage” are not remotely the same. Don’t get that comparison AT ALL.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.