Home Forums Music 2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 572 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
ELIAS
Chrissy
Deemy
  • Profile picture
    Monsoon
    Topics:

Roddy Rich is the frontrunner and likely winner of Rap Album. He has no competition despite a stacked category. 2020 was his year.

Fiona Apple is being overestimated. She’s never been a GRAMMY favorite, never been a GF nominee (outside of BNA – which she lost), and is not as beloved by the industry as she is critically. MC scores are irrelevant.

“Savage” is Rap AF. If it goes Pop, that would be category fraud. We all know OTR went Pop because it features Billy Ray Cyrus. Both Megan & Beyoncé are Urban acts.

Monsoon (Dir: Hong Khaou)
    Henry Golding | Parker Sawyers
    Coming Fall 2020

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

bro you did too much and popped.

I’m so bored waiting for university to come back hahaha

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439).

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

Roddy Rich is the frontrunner and likely winner of Rap Album. He has no competition despite a stacked category. 2020 was his year. Fiona Apple is being overestimated. She’s never been a GRAMMY favorite, never been a GF nominee (outside of BNA – which she lost), and is not as beloved by the industry as she is critically. MC scores are irrelevant. “Savage” is Rap AF. If it goes Pop, that would be category fraud. We all know OTR went Pop because it features Billy Ray Cyrus. Both Megan & Beyoncé are Urban acts.

My fear is Fiona is being overestimated. She might be IGOR-ed.

My frontrunner for Rap album is RTJ4.

“Old Town Road” didn’t deserve a nod other than ROTY and Music Video imo. It would’ve proven to its genre-blurring aesthetic. But if anything other than rap, country, AR, R&B, rock and other genres with performance categories is worthy of a performance nomination, they get put in Pop. So, for example, there’s a popular world music track, it’ll get put in Pop.

Profile picture
    Sky
    Topics:

I know it’s kind of far thinking but who do y’all think will open for the 2021 ceremony? Will it be Abel or someone else?

Personally, I think Post Malone performing “Take What You Want” with Ozzy and Travis would be a great opener.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

I’m so bored waiting for university to come back hahaha

Right! I mean I love Grammy Predictions, but I do so much with my time. At least I’m making coin.

FYC:
    AOTY: Fetch the Bolt Cutters or After Hours
    ROTY & SOTY: Blinding Lights & Don’t Start Now
    BNA: Megan Thee Stallion or Rina Sawayama
    Rap Album: RTJ4
    Country Album: Gaslighter
    Americana Album: Reunions
    Pop Album: SAWAYAMA
    Rock Album: The New Abnormal
    R&B Performance: Do It

Profile picture
    Hildreth
    Topics:

Right! I mean I love Grammy Predictions, but I do so much with my time. At least I’m making coin.

I’m a writing tutor whose main clientele is other students, so I’m bored and making no coin. Living off my European vacation money at the moment, so I’m okay because that’s not happening anytime soon. All I’m doing is watching tv, listening to music, and editing short stories, which reminds me — the thought of Harry Styles getting nominated for anything rock or album related makes me wanna vomit, but damn Adore You and Watermelon Sugar really get in your head!

Two Hands, Big Thief -- "Shoulders"
    Punisher, Phoebe Bridgers -- "Garden Song"
    SAWAYAMA, Rina Sawayama -- "Snakeskin"
    The Highwomen, The Highwomen -- "Highwomen"
    The Slow Rush, Tame Impala -- "Breathe Deeper"
    Fetch The Bolt Cutters, Fiona Apple -- "For Her"

Compare your spotify listening with me at musictaste.space (code: charismatic-celery-439).

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Get real! “Savage (Remix)” will NOT be moved from Pop to Rap.  There is nothing pop about that song.

Profile picture
    blackwidow12
    Topics:

There’s no way Savage is going Pop. Old Town Road actually made sense cause it had a Pop feeling to it and even in Nas’ parts it didn’t seem predominantly rap. Savage is a rap song by a rap artist featuring an urban artist that actually raps on it. Someone brought up Fancy but that’s a different situation cause the most of it is actually sang by a pop singer + it mantains a pop-ish sound even in the rap parts. Also Savage is surly more rap than another Beyonce’s track “Freedom”, that was still submitted and nominated there.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I’m curious under what grounds Grammy voters vote for AOTY, SOTY, ROTY and BNA. Like why was Bad Guy SOTY? Or any AOTY, AOTY.

I assume at lest 50% of the voters don’t know the difference between ROTY and SOTY

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

My fear is Fiona is being overestimated. She might be IGOR-ed. My frontrunner for Rap album is RTJ4. “Old Town Road” didn’t deserve a nod other than ROTY and Music Video imo. It would’ve proven to its genre-blurring aesthetic. But if anything other than rap, country, AR, R&B, rock and other genres with performance categories is worthy of a performance nomination, they get put in Pop. So, for example, there’s a popular world music track, it’ll get put in Pop.

Don’t worry about Fiona. her album was engineered by Bob Ludwig.

Profile picture
    caleidoscopio
    Topics:

I think they’re going to pull a Formation and snub The Weeknd from R&B Song & R&B Performance to prevent him from winning 6 categories and 3/5ing the R&B field

• AOTY – After Hours
    • Best Progressive R&B Album – After Hours
    • ROTY – Blinding Lights
    • BPSP – Blinding Lights
    • BMV – Blinding Lights

and I won’t be surprised if they decide to share the wealth between Don’t Start Now and Blinding Lights and snub the most popular song from SOTY so the other can win a GF category too, à la Uptown Funk & Thinking Out Loud.

• AOTY – Future Nostalgia
    • BPVA – Future Nostalgia
    • ROTY – Don’t Start Now
    • SOTY – Don’t Start Now
    • BPSP – Don’t Start Now
    • BMV – Physical

and none for Harry & Post Wieners bye

Profile picture
    Strawberries
    Topics:

Don’t Start Now isn’t winning a general field category

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Honey, Fiona Apple is definitely being overestimated in Album of the Year.  She does NOT have the buzz/momentum of Kacey Musgraves nor the sales of anyone.

Profile picture
    marcostm
    Topics:

I think they’re going to pull a Formation and snub The Weeknd from R&B Song & R&B Performance to prevent him from winning 6 categories and 3/5ing the R&B field 

this is happenning.

this too. Sales just put you above only when you are a Grammy darling and have industry respect and support – and none of them fullfils these requirements.

and I won’t be surprised if they decide to share the wealth between Don’t Start Now and Blinding Lights and snub the most popular song from SOTY so the other can win a GF category too, à la Uptown Funk & Thinking Out Loud.

I don’t see it happening for a long time. Grammy loves a sweep when it’s undeniable – as this year, probably – and there’s the lazy voters who goes for the same person/song for ROTY and SOTY. If there’s a snub, it’ll be “Don’t Start Now” and “Circles” from SOTY but none them are that close to “Blinding Lights” to win ROTY – front-runner as we speak.

Profile picture
    CyberFunk
    Topics:

Delusion if you think Harry and Post Malone won’t get any nominations.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 572 total)

The topic ‘2021 Grammy Awards Predictions (Part 21)’ is closed to new replies.