Home Forums Music 2010s Artist of the Decade

2010s Artist of the Decade

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
7 days ago
replies
views
users
Alife Ferreira
abelfenty
Jerry
  • Killer King
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele’s biggest problem in this matter is that she only released two albums this decade (let’s see if she’ll drop another this year). But she really has the numbers, probably outsold most of the others combined. 21 numbers, imagine that added with 25 stats. Pure Sales: 30.000.000 Equivalent Album Sales: 44.000.000

If it’s solely based on album sales, Adele is a runaway winner here but there are other factors to consider – single sales, tour overall gross, music video views, streaming then this should be Taylor Swift. She and Adele defined this decade, in an era of declining sales, these two artists have bucked the trend.

It’s between Taylor and Adele really, no other artist comes close. Except for Rihanna she’s my solid third here, she was exceptional this decade.

ice cream castles in the air...

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Taylor Swift release a little earlier than usual to help boost her album sales ahead of the deadline (I’m assuming they use the Billboard year cutoff which is in late November).

ReplyCopy URL
    Killer King
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Taylor Swift release a little earlier than usual to help boost her album sales ahead of the deadline (I’m assuming they use the Billboard year cutoff which is in late November).

She’s not that desperate, Taylor might release another single off Reputation or release a new single from her upcoming collection. This is a close race between Taylor and Adele, Rihanna might surprise with a hit-filled album that could make her a contender for the top spot, Rihanna is more than capable of churning out hit after hit so I wouldn’t count her out just yet.

ice cream castles in the air...

ReplyCopy URL
    RebelQuad
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s gonna be Drake.

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele will be Top Artist. Don’t forget about the sales of 19 throughout the decade as well. I’ll laugh if One Direction ended up on top.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor starting a new era this early could seal the deal for her finishing #1.

ReplyCopy URL
    Maya Strauss
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is really smart for rushing and releasing a bubblegum pop song that will be big- I dont see Drake releasing this year or at least not before the summer end so Taylor’s album can do big numbers and at least 3 pop singles  can do big numbers that put her over Drake.

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone in country music have a shot at this? Jason Aldean was just named Artist of the Decade by the Country Music Academy. Kenny Chesney has been around for 25 years now and was recently included still in the Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year category. To me, Tim McGraw is another name that shouldn’t be filed away just yet.

God bless you and these three great country music acts always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

It’ll be Taylor. By the time the decision is made (unless there’s some delay with TS7 that pushes it past August), she’ll have released FIVE albums in the decade that have all had increasing success. I don’t think that we can count album sales as the defining factor anymore, seeing as how so many people don’t buy albums anymore, just stream them, but Taylor still has HUGE numbers there. Her tours have become more acclaimed every single time she does one. Her music videos are sensations (while “ME!” got okay reception, the video became the most viewed by a female artist EVER within 24 hours, only behind BTS). I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if Adele or Rihanna or Drake overtook her, just because she does have her detractors, but I think she’ll be too big to ignore. You have to remember that at least according to Billboard, reputation was the biggest album of 2018, over Scorpion, even after not being released in that year at all. Taylor is a PHENOMENON, and they won’t be able to ignore her.

ReplyCopy URL
    6 GOD
    Participant
    Topics:

You have to remember that at least according to Billboard, reputation was the biggest album of 2018, over Scorpion, even after not being released in that year at all. Taylor is a PHENOMENON, and they won’t be able to ignore her.

Billboard uses a different tracking period for their Year-End charts. Taylor strategically released on the first week that counted for the Billboard 2018 Year-End.

But I agree, Taylor is the front runner. It’s between Drake & Taylor, but Taylor probably releasing an album right before the cut off period will make her pass him by enough (unless Drake suddenly releases, then things can get interesting).

ReplyCopy URL
    Arianator
    Participant
    Topics:

ariana
    she consistently dominated the charts with every album she released this decade
    every album had many top10 hits

all of the artists mentioned had their flop eras but ariana didn’t have one yet

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Billboard uses a different tracking period for their Year-End charts. Taylor strategically released on the first week that counted for the Billboard 2018 Year-End.

Gotcha, I wasn’t aware of that. Thanks for the clarification!

ReplyCopy URL
    haimclub
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele deserves it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Maya Strauss
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele deserves based on success but she released far far less material than Taylor has. If Adele would be more consistent she would 100% take it but Adele is not greedy while Taylor probably wants this so much that’s why she was rushing with Me! and she probably knew that she would lose everything against Adele in 2021

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele has two Diamond albums this decade (the only artist who can say this) and has swept Grammy’s with said albums. At the same time, she doesn’t release a ton of material. Taylor, on the other hand, has. That gives Swift an edge here.

Although she’s the biggest popstar in the world right now, Ariana didn’t catch fire until the latter half of the decade, FTMP.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.