Home Forums Music 2010s Artist of the Decade

2010s Artist of the Decade

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
abelfenty
Oz
M
  • James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

How could I forget about Keith Urban? His first solo song named “Love Thing” went to radio 20 years ago and he was recently named the ACM Entertainer of the Year. (smiles)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

Without even thinking too much, Kanye West or Kendrick Lamar; they managed to keep the quality of their works extremely high (extraordinary, in some cases) while becoming more and more influential in public culture.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

One name I’d like to add to the list is Pink. She sells a ton of albums, her singles do well and her tours are always sold out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

How could I forget about Keith Urban? His first solo song named “Love Thing” went to radio 20 years ago and he was recently named the ACM Entertainer of the Year. (smiles) God bless you and him always!!! Holly

Sorry, not a chance!

ReplyCopy URL
    kingofrapmusic17
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele, Rihanna, Bruno, Taylor, Drake, Katy, Gaga, and so many others have made history this decade but there is only one Artist of the Decade. And her name is Adele. No one has sold the amount of records that she has since the late 1990s/early 2000s. She won Album of the Year twice and is praised for her talent. She’s the Michael Jackson of the 2010s and rightfully so. I thought it would’ve been Lady Gaga or Katy Perry but then 21 happened. Drake is a close second followed by Rihanna.

ReplyCopy URL
    MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

ariana she consistently dominated the charts with every album she released this decade every album had many top10 hits all of the artists mentioned had their flop eras but ariana didn’t have one yet

You know is the whole decade right? Ariana just became huge and popular, while Adele, Drake, Swift, Gaga and Rihana have been present and had hits the whole decade.

Swift and Drake are frontrunners I’ll think they’ll be #1 & #2 and it depends if Drake releases or not

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

ariana
    she consistently dominated the charts with every album she released this decade
    every album had many top10 hits

all of the artists mentioned had their flop eras but ariana didn’t have one yet

That’s not how the End of the Decade chart works.

I’d be shocked if Ariana even makes the top 10.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there even a discussion here?

Adele will be N1 by a milestone. It’s not even close.

Drake and Taylor will be 2nd and 3rd.

Bruno Mars, Gaga, Beyoncé and Rihanna will be vying for the 4th and 5th spots.

I don’t think Ed Sheeran will be in the top 5. He’s got only one mega-successful album this decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele is not going to be #1 due to her lack of releases.

ReplyCopy URL
    TSKK13
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there a link to the actual qualifications for this milestone award? I tried looking around on Billboard but can’t find useful information as to how this is truly determined (I’m assuming album + single sales, streaming, possibly tour and radio numbers as well). My top 5 would be

1. Taylor Swift

2. Drake

3. Adele

4. Rihanna

5. Bruno Mars

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift could be starting this era so early to really bridge the new gap between her and Drake. ME! is performing very well on all metrics (not the best but still great) and her album is rumored to come out in July/August. Drake seems to be just getting back into the studio. Could see him releasing late summer after Taylor which would mean that he’d have less time to make up for TS7’s success. Either way

1. Taylor Swift

1. Drake

3. Adele

4. Rihanna

5. Bruno Mars

(After the top 5 I’m pretty much guessing

6. Beyonce

7. Maroon 5

8. Lady Gaga

9. Katy Perry

10. Ed Sheeran ???

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

ariana she consistently dominated the charts with every album she released this decade every album had many top10 hits all of the artists mentioned had their flop eras but ariana didn’t have one yet

thank u, next is undeniably a big era but it’s not even close enough to putting her in the top 10. Really the album and it’s singles are doing well but she’s super lucky for putting out this album in such an uncompetitive climate. Songs like 7 rings and tun did get a good amount of weekly “points” but in a competitive climate they would’ve only spent a small time or no time at all at #1. She was in the right place at the right time, Taylor can’t say the same about this era because of that meme song but still. Ariana is peaking way too late in the decade to have a chance. 2020s also seems a little bit unrealistic though but we’ll see when we get there.

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift could be starting this era so early to really bridge the new gap between her and Drake. ME! is performing very well on all metrics (not the best but still great) and her album is rumored to come out in July/August. Drake seems to be just getting back into the studio. Could see him releasing late summer after Taylor which would mean that he’d have less time to make up for TS7’s success. Either way 1. Taylor Swift 1. Drake 3. Adele 4. Rihanna 5. Bruno Mars (After the top 5 I’m pretty much guessing 6. Beyonce 7. Maroon 5 8. Lady Gaga 9. Katy Perry 10. Ed Sheeran ???

Justin will be above everyone you mentioned after #5. Ed Sheeran will be right below Bieber too. Also there’s Eminem who will be below those 2. Beyoncé, Gaga, and Maroon 5 will be fighting for the #9-10 spots.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

thank u, next is undeniably a big era but it’s not even close enough to putting her in the top 10. Really the album and it’s singles are doing well but she’s super lucky for putting out this album in such an uncompetitive climate. Songs like 7 rings and tun did get a good amount of weekly “points” but in a competitive climate they would’ve only spent a small time or no time at all at #1. She was in the right place at the right time, Taylor can’t say the same about this era because of that meme song but still. Ariana is peaking way too late in the decade to have a chance. 2020s also seems a little bit unrealistic though but we’ll see when we get there.

Are y’all still on the “Ariana is doing well because there’s no one around” bs?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.