Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,415 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
darrenc95
JB_BelieberBoy_
M
  • only_one
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>^^</p>
    ^^

True dat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I’d be shocked if “That’s What I Like” lost SOTY. It’s giving “Single Ladies” teas. I doubt Bruno Mars repeats in ROTY so soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Bruno has already won too much. His award is being nominated. I prefer the horrible 4 44 winning SOTY than the non existent That’s what i like.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Despacito is winning ROTY hands down, if not, then it will be Humble. 24K is too old to win this, it was barely top 5.

Say what you want but ROTY is the category to award big anthems that defines a year, and 24K is not that single.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that Bruno is winning AOTY and probably SOTY. His general inoffensiveness, showmanship, and more traditional sound will probably earn him a lot of the votes from people who favor genres not represented in the general field line ups. He’s definitely getting more of the “pop vote” than Lorde or Julia Michaels, too.

BTW, what’s with the completely random assortment of categories that are included in the prediction center?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  TheRedBoy.
    ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Jay-Z won’t be winning a lot of awards (in comparison to the number of nominations he has)? A possible 0/8?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  PoweR.
    ReplyCopy URL
    darrenc95
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Jay-Z won’t be winning a lot of awards (in comparison to the number of nominations he has)? A possible 0/8?

Yep. I would be surprised if he actually won anything. He’s losing Music Video and all the rap categories to Kendrick. General field is more up in the air but he has no chance in Record or Song, and a VERY slim chance in Album.

His best chance of winning is Rap/Sung for Family Feud, but even then I think Loyalty will edge it out due to being more familiar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Jo Galicia
    Participant
    Topics:

I hate JB too but I can’t deny the fact that Despacito is frontrunner. I’m just being realistic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I know I’m in the minority here. I don’t mind if Justin Bieber wins another Grammy or two. His music has gotten slightly better with his last album. “Sorry” is a banger.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, a 0/8 seems possible. I agree with the others who have said that Family Feud is his best shot, because they get to award Beyonce at the same time and he owns that category even more than Rihanna.

I actually think Music Video is a possible upset, but that could be my bias because I was really impressed with it. Although, those branches do sometimes do their own thing (Eight Days a Week beating Lemonade being the most obvious example to me).

Rap Song and Rap Performance have almost always gone to the same song since 2012 – the only exceptions being when one of the winners wasn’t nominated in both categories (having a GF nomination also seems to help). Jay submitting differently in Rap and GF complicates this slightly, but I think that overall it will probably make it hard for him to find a concentration of support other than Family Feud – meaning Humble and Damn take the rest of the Rap field.

His nominations in the GF are reward enough, right now I can’t imagine him actually winning any of those categories, especially since there have never been rap winners in ROTY and SOTY. 2/8 feels like his best case scenario to me.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I know I’m in the minority here. I don’t mind if Justin Bieber wins another Grammy or two. His music has gotten slightly better with his last album. “Sorry” is a banger.

Good now you can be friends with BelieberBoy, he needs a friend.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I want Khalid and SZA to win at least one Grammy. They may go home empty-handed.

ReplyCopy URL
    JB_BelieberBoy_
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh M you are always remembering me! Oh thank you so much! BUT no thanx. c:

Bruno winning AOTY and SOTY? Please, PLEASE. His award is being nominated. 24k magic is worse than the horrible DAMN (the deserving winner). In SOTY, despacito and that’s what I like doesn’t have the typical lyrics, so could win both. If we see the lyircs, 1. 800 is more typical, but wont be in top 10 year end so… oh and 4.44 i dont knlw how it has been nominated, really? THE BIGGEST FLOP?

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Jay-Z is an interesting case. He could lose all of his nominations. I doubt it though. He’s way more likeable than Kanye West (who went 0/8 last year). Jay’s best shot at a win is in Best Rap Song. I don’t recall Jay-Z ever being nominated for a shitload of Grammys and losing all of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Jay-Z is an interesting case. He could lose all of his nominations. I doubt it though. He’s way more likeable than Kanye West (who went 0/8 last year). Jay’s best shot at a win is in Best Rap Song. I don’t recall Jay-Z ever being nominated for a shitload of Grammys and losing all of them.

He was nominated for 9 Grammys back in 2014 and only took home one. Not a complete loss, but still not a complete sweep either. And if Jay-Z’s best chance is Best Rap Song, then that says a lot about his chances. “Humble.” also has a good chance there.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  PoweR.
    ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 1,415 total)
Reply To: 2018 Grammy Award Discussion (Part 3: NewCat Submissions Edition)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.