Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Final Pop Field Predictions

2018 Grammy Final Pop Field Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 242 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
D.C.
Rinolo Twenty..
Gucci
  • D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

So is CTTR on lock for pop duo?

It’s nowhere near a lock. It’s a moderate hit that’s not a very impressive song with a rent-a-random-rapper feature. I’d say Feels holds a better chance with the bigger names attached to the song.

The Marley family definitely carries more credibility than Pitbull et al and don’t fall into the class of “rent-a-rappers”

I agree that CTTR is not a lock, but it was a decent-sized hit and Katy usually gets nominated. And I think it has a much better chance than Feels. Big Sean and Calvin Harris aren’t Grammy darlings, so unless Pharrell’s goodwill extends THAT far…

Feels’ chances are especially hurt by the fact that Calvin didn’t get nominated for This Is What You Came For, a much bigger hit, in Dance Recording. Why would he be nominated for a lesser hit in a more competitive category?

ReplyCopy URL
    TheZeitergeist3
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure that Despacito remix will be nominated to Record of the year, and prbably win. Best duo performance i think will be for Taylor and zayn. Song of the year should be Praying Album of the year should be rainbow Best pop solo performance should be bad liar best video should be look what you made me do Best dance song or it aint me or 2u Best rap song should be im the one Wild thoughs will win a Grammy, but i don’t know which

Leave the predictions to the grown up and go play!

ReplyCopy URL
    Stephen Zumpano
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Pop Solo Performance: Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like Kelly Clarkson – Love So Soft Kesha – Praying Lady Gaga – Million Reasons Ed Sheeran – Shape of You Best Pop Duo/Group Performance: The Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber – Despacito Portugal. The Man – Feel It Still The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming Zayn ft. Taylor Swift – I Don’t Wanna Live Forever Best Pop Vocal Album: Bruno Mars – 24K Magic Kesha – Rainbow Lorde – Melodrama Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me Ed Sheeran – Divide

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rdrgs
    Participant
    Topics:

When is the deadline? I would like to wait for the submissions to be revealed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lauti F Errotabere
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Pop Vocal Album

1. Divide – Ed Sheeran (One of the most best-selling albums of the year; The Academy love the ginger boy, he’s like Taylor Swift’s irish male version).

2. Melodrama – Lorde (One of the most aclaimmed LPs of the year; A new era of the 20-years-old kiwi singer and songwriter; Smashy, sticky and genuine; It’s my favourite but I think it won’t win pitifully).

3. 24K Magic – Bruno Mars (An artist with experience in this category; He won it once for Unorthodox Jukebox in 2014; Hot 100 singles; Incredible vocal unfolding).

4. Joanne – Lady Gaga (The return of one of the most successful and popular pop musicians of the 2010’s; She came back with a new rustic sound; It didn’t impress me at all but it has good vocals).

5. Kesha – Rainbow (Another incredible return; Charismathic and sorrowful at the same time; There’s a legal issue related to the previous Kesha producer behind its concept; It’s difficult to see her nominated but there’s kind of faith inside me).

Other contenders: Witness – Katy Perry; After Laughter – Paramore (could be Rock Album); Harry Styles – Harry Styles (could be Rock Album); Tell Me You Love Me – Demi Lovate (a big dark horse; I don’t like her. She’s a very good singer but her lyrics are so foolish); Lust for Life – Lana del Rey (another dark horse; It was a good year for Lana’s new LP); Dua Lipa – Dua Lipa.

Best Pop Solo Performance

1. Ed Sheeran – Shape of You (Catchy song, not my favourite but I recognise it; Ed has already won this category two years ago with Thinking Out Loud; Nº 1 in Billboard Hot 100).

2. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like (Super funky and lively; One of the summer hymns; Vocals are quite good).

3. Sign of the Times – Harry Styles (It could be considered as a rock ballad, which might mean it’s suitable for rock category; Powerful glam rock ballad with an impressive performance by Styles; It deserves a nomination).

4. Praying  – Kesha (Another powerful ballad but sadder; It deserves a nomination).

5. Green Light – Lorde (Not her best song of the album, not her best vocals, but it has a certain potential to be nominated; Lorde had won this category once with her marvellous Royals).

Other contenders: Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do (The bitch is back with a recently Nº1 snappy beat song); Lady Gaga – Million Reasons; Bruno Mars – 24K Magic (in case That’s What I Like not be submitted); Sam Smith – Too Good at Goodbyes (it did not make a sound at all; Could it be a dark horse?); Ed Sheeran – Castle on the Hill (An alternative for Shape of You); Dua Lipa – New Rules (It will be weird to see her in but the track is up in European charts).

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

1. Hard Times – Paramore (Ex-emo punk band came back with a new wave single which is powerful and sotisficated; My favourite; However, it could be considered as rock).

2. Starboy – The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk (Intresting collaboration; Good performance from Tesfaye but it’s not his best; It was up on Hot 100).

3. Something Just Like This – The Chainsmokers ft. Coldplay (One of the most listened songs of the beginning of the year comes from one of the worst LPs of the today’s music industry; Nevertheless, it’s quite catchy).

4. Despacito [Remix] – Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee & Justin Bieber (A summer hit undoubtely; But it’s difficult to imagine it being nominated; Should be accepted in order to appeal Latinamerican people’s approval?)

5. Swish Swish – Katy Perry ft. Nicki Minaj (It was a disappointing sales yield for Perry’s recent album, but this track has the ingredients for being nominated).

Other contenders: DJ Khaled ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne – I’m the One; Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley – Chained to the Rhythm; The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk – I Feel It Coming; Portugal. The Man – Feel it Still; DJ Khaled feat. Rihanna, Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts; ZYAN, Taylor Swift – I Don’t Wanna Live Forever; Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling – City of Stars).

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

“Starboy” was submitted last year, “I Feel It Coming” is eligible.

When is the deadline? I would like to wait for the submissions to be revealed.

Oct. 16. I hope NewCat is available to help us with the submissions.

ReplyCopy URL
    OJODIAMANTE
    Participant
    Topics:

Question…

“Now” by Shania Twain is eligible?

Official release date: September 29, 2017.

ReplyCopy URL
    OJODIAMANTE
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album
    Lorde – Melodrama
    Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
    Ed Sheeran – Divide
    Lady Gaga – Joanne
    Shania Twain – Now

ReplyCopy URL
    AndMore
    Participant
    Topics:

Question…

“Now” by Shania Twain is eligible?

Official release date: September 29, 2017.

Yes, but she will be in country album.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST POP SOLO
    Kesha
    Lady Gaga
    Bruno Mars
    Ed Sheeran
    Taylor Swift

ALT: Sam Smith, Harry Styles, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Shawn Mendes

BEST POP DUO/GROUP
    Despacito
    I Don’t Wanna Live Forever
    Something Just Like This
    Wild Thoughts
    1-800…

ALT: Something Just Like This, Stay, Chained to the Rhythm, I Feel It Coming, Thunder, Hard Times

BEST POP ALBUM
    Kesha
    Lady Gaga
    Lorde
    Bruno Mars
    Ed Sheeran

ALT: Harry Styles, Demi Lovato, Lana del Rey

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

So Ed Sheeran seems like the guy to beat in Pop Vocal Performance and Pop Vocal Album. Who is in the lead to WIN the Pop Duo/Group/Collaboration category though???

“Despacito”?

IDK why, but I don’t see it winning.

“Something Just Like This”

With Coldplay’s name attached, I think it has a shot.

“I Don’t Wanna Live Forever”

Don’t tell Taylor’s fans, but I think this does actually have a solid chance at winning, since its a traditional duet.

“I Feel It Coming”

I like this collaboration, but their 1st one “Starboy” was submitted and ignored last year (too new?), plus the song kind of came and went faster than “Starboy.”

I guess the winner will depend on who ends up getting nominated, like if Miley Cyrus & Dolly Parton are nominated for “Rainbowland”, I can see them winning.

Either way, this will be one exciting Grammy race to watch!

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group will likely be between Despacito and Something Just Like This.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol @ someone seriously having Swish Swish as a prediction.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sister mary eunice
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Vocal Album
    Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
    Ed Sheeran – Divide
    Lady Gaga – Joanne
    Kesha – Rainbow
    Demi Lovato – Tell Me You Love Me

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE
    24K Magic – Bruno Mars
    Look What You Made Me Do – Taylor Swift
    Love So Soft – Kelly Clarkson
    Million Reasons – Lady Gaga
    Praying – Kesha

ReplyCopy URL
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Katy Perry will submit all her collaborations for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, apart from “Feels”:

– “Chained To The Rhythm” – Katy Perry featuring Skip Marley
    – “Swish Swish” – Katy Perry featuring Nicki Minaj
    – “Bon Appétit” – Katy Perry featuring Migos

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 242 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.