Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Performances

2018 Grammy Performances

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 172 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Gucci
PoweR
  • theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

The Rolling Stones (with Lady Gaga or Pink?)

That would be one amazing performance either way. Kinda need that to happen now

The Rolling Stones with Florence Welch or Alison Krauss.

ReplyCopy URL
    TheRedBoy
    Participant
    Topics:

They normally have 18-20 performances per year.

Start with the tributes.

1. Tom Petty tribute
    2. Leonard Cohen tribute

Then go to the AOTY nominees. Note that first-time nominees in this category almost always perform collabs with veteran artists.

3. Bruno Mars (I’m betting on a 24K Magic medley)
    4. Childish Gambino + ???
    5. Jay Z + ???
    6. Lorde + ???
    7. Kendrick Lamar

Then count on a couple big “emotional moments”

8. Kesha (Praying)
    9. Logic, Alessia Cara, Khalid (1-800)

Several slots will go to “exciting collaborations!!” Two are fairly easy to predict:

10. Little Big Town + Taylor Swift (Better Man)
    11. Ed Sheeran + Beyonce (Perfect)

Other likely performers:

12. Julia Michaels (BNA performers usually perform; she may get an abbreviated solo slot, or be paired up with someone)
    13. SZA (BNA artists usually perform; seems like a strong contender for a collaborative performance)
    14. Fleetwood Mac / tribute (Fleetwood Mac are being honored as the MusiCares Person of the Year, which usually means either a performance or a tribute at the Grammys)
    15. Luis Fonsi + Daddy Yankee + Justin Bieber (Despacito is up for top honors)

I don’t know who to predict for the last 3-5 slots. Another country act and another rock slot seem likely. Kelly Clarkson, Pink, and Gaga are all superstars with nominations who are reliably strong performers. A number of acts, including JT, Eminem, and Rihanna could be launching new material around this time.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran will NOT attend the 2018 Grammy’s, let alone performing?

They will follow Justin Timberlake’s precedent.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus.H
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Lady Gaga is NOT one of the best performers alive. You must’ve fell and bumped your head.

Wow such a fool! Xtina just got that much criticism for her amas performance and you dare say she is still good now. Gaga isnt that relevant now, but she is nearly the best performer nowadays for sure. Even my parents know that Gaga CAN sing and her live show always slays because of all those performances over these 2-3 years.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran will NOT attend the 2018 Grammy’s, let alone performing?

I can see Ed still coming to the show. His ego isn’t as big as Timberlake’s.

ReplyCopy URL
    RRaw
    Participant
    Topics:

Was Taylor swift snubbed or something?

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran will NOT attend the 2018 Grammy’s, let alone performing? They will follow Justin Timberlake’s precedent.

I can see Ed still coming to the show. His ego isn’t as big as Timberlake’s.

I agree! Taylor Swift will skip the Grammys bcos she is extremely petty and she knows will walk home empty-handed. Ed Sheeran is more chill and he may show up to claim his Pop category awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Your predictions about Taylor Swift make my brain burned.

Swift attended every Grammy ceremony she had noms for. 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. No exception.

Are you enjoying making up things about Swift without any proof or reason?

She couldn’t get noms for her first three albums’ lead singles but it didn’t stop her from attending. She got snubbed in GF in Speak Now era but she attended both pre and main shows and performed Mean.

I don’t know if she attends or performs this year but i assure you she doesn’t have “ego” problem with attending the Grammys.

Finally, in her last live show, she said she’s so excited for her Grammy noms. I think she will attend.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  neverkneel.
    ReplyCopy URL
    archie
    Participant
    Topics:

My long list of performers:

Shakira

Shakira is postponing her World Tour until next year after suffering a vocal cord hemorrhage.

She did not attend the Latin Grammy’s (with 7 nominations). She didn’t attend the AMA’s (won Favorite Latin Artist). So, she will not be attending the Grammys ceremony either.

It would have been interesting to see Shakira performing with Coldplay as they did a few months ago in Germany.

Shakira ft. Coldplay “Me enamoré”: https://youtu.be/2uCXWB25hzI

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, let’s all pray that Taylor Swift doesn’t perform.

ReplyCopy URL
    Final2
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, let’s all pray that Taylor Swift doesn’t perform.

What will you complain about then?

I doubt she preforms because she’s only promoted the album once on SNL and a last minute performance for Jimmy Fallon for his mother.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Lorde could sing Homemade Dynamites, since it features Khalid & SZA, fellow nominees.
    She could also sing with some Rock or Alt band, there’s usually one of those performing. I’m betting on Lorde + The War on Drugs or Lorde + LCD Soundsystem

ReplyCopy URL
    whiskywinehouse
    Participant
    Topics:

<p><br data-mce-bogus=”1″></p>

Oh please, I’ll give you Gaga, but Beyonce does her share of lip synching while dancing during performances, even without dancing she does at times. She lip synched the National Anthem at Obama’s inauguration too.

*Pretends that there are singers who dance and do not lip sync at least once throughout their career*

*Pretends that Beyonce hasn’t been out there doing live performances for 20 years*

*Pretends that Beyonce’s performances lack extensive choreography that may affect live singing*

*Ignores all good Beyonce performances such as the Super Bowl*

*Ignores Beyonce’s reputation for being the best live performer*

*Pretends that Beyonce doesn’t have the pipes to sing live*

*Nitpicks on the few performances that Beyonce sang to her backing track which contains her own live voice*

Oh yea, Beyonce is a bad performer.

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

<p><br data-mce-bogus=”1″></p>

Oh please, I’ll give you Gaga, but Beyonce does her share of lip synching while dancing during performances, even without dancing she does at times. She lip synched the National Anthem at Obama’s inauguration too.

Micheal Jackson lip synced a lot while he was dancing. Whitney Houston lip synced National Anthem at Super Bowl. So according to your reasoning Gaga is also better performer than those 2.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by  JakeFake16.
    ReplyCopy URL
    JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

And it’s not like she always lip syncing when she’s dancing, but it’s also sometimes. And she was sick when she sang at Obama’s inauguraton

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.