Home Forums Music 2018 Grammy Performances

2018 Grammy Performances

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 172 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Liberation
PoweR
  • neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

She attended. She was there with a turquoise dress and pink shoes as I remember.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  neverkneel.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  neverkneel.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to throw this in here:

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310081

Back in the day when I said neither Ed Sheeran nor Taylor Swift will attend, everyone was like “wtf you’re talking about, you don’t know ed he’s down to earth, and taylor cares too much about grammys, she’ll attend”.

Ed Sheeran has valid reason to snub them back though.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t Taylor skip the 2015 show?

She presented the Best New Artist that year, didn’t perform though

ReplyCopy URL
    D.C.
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure they don’t care

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed is successful and talented but he isn’t really a ratings draw anyway. The show wouldn’t really miss him.

Taylor is definitely a loss though. However, this really isn’t her Grammy year, she only had a few eligible tracks here and there. If she is snubbed and skips next year, then that’s not a good look on her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to throw this in here: http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=310081 Back in the day when I said neither Ed Sheeran nor Taylor Swift will attend, everyone was like “wtf you’re talking about, you don’t know ed he’s down to earth, and taylor cares too much about grammys, she’ll attend”. Ed Sheeran has valid reason to snub them back though.

I was one who said Ed for sure would attend. I’ll happily admit I was wrong. But there is still time. He may still attend afterall.

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

Back in the day when I said neither Ed Sheeran nor Taylor Swift will attend, everyone was like “wtf you’re talking about, you don’t know ed he’s down to earth, and taylor cares too much about grammys, she’ll attend”.

Taylor not attending hasn’t confirmed yet. Since her debut, she skipped only three shows: 2007, 2011 and 2017.

Yes, she cares about the Grammys so much. Even she refuses to appear in media, she told her fans she’s so excited about her Grammy nominations last month.

ReplyCopy URL
    MaxTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor not attending hasn’t confirmed yet. Since her debut, she skipped only three shows: 2007, 2011 and 2017.

Yes, she cares about the Grammys so much. Even she refuses to appear in media, she told her fans she’s so excited about her Grammy nominations last month.

Maybe next week, Taylor Swift might confirm that she will show up in the 60th Grammys because she could accept Best Country Song for writing Little Big Town’s Better Man.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Are they really excluding Lorde from performing as an AOTY and only female nominee? Whatever, Grammys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Lorde only has one nomination though, so it’s kind of understandable. She isn’t really a ratings draw either. Drake and Bieber are recent AOTY noninees who didn’t perform.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eric Close
    Participant
    Topics:

Lorde only has one nomination though, so it’s kind of understandable. She isn’t really a ratings draw either. Drake and Bieber are recent AOTY noninees who didn’t perform.

Yes, but that was only because Drake decided to be all prissy cause Frank Ocean backed out, and Justin thinks he’s black so he felt he had to follow suit. Lorde wouldn’t be absent of her own accord if they left her out this year, and the Album nominees are always the catches of the show, so I’m sure they’ll want to get them all to perform. Plus, she had that remix of “Homemade Dynamite” which would not only give more stage time to Khalid and SZA, but would also give them an excuse to add Post Malone to the roster, which I’m sure they want since he was one of the biggest stars this year.

I’m glad Kendrick was finally confirmed and I’m also excited to see that U2 is, as well, since that lends credence to the idea that he’ll perform “XXX” at the ceremony (keeping the show political). The fact that he’s opening the show is a good sign, as well, since both Taylor and Adele opened the show the years before and went on to win Album of the Year. Here’s to that streak continuing!

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift “declined” to appear. She won’t attend and she won’t perform either.

It’s the smart decision to make. She didn’t shy away from the media for all this time, to make a first appearance at the Grammys for some secondary awards that won’t be even announced during the main show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Liberation
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I will be changing the channel during the following performances:

Bruno Mars & Cardi B
    Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee
    Kesha (Barf!)
    Lady Gaga (Barf!)
    Little Big Town
    Patti LuPone
    P!nk (I’m tired of this bitch in the air)
    U2 (I guess I have to watch them with Kendrick Lamar [Barf!])
    Elton John with Miley Cyrus

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, but that was only because Drake decided to be all prissy cause Frank Ocean backed out, and Justin thinks he’s black so he felt he had to follow suit. Lorde wouldn’t be absent of her own accord if they left her out this year, and the Album nominees are always the catches of the show, so I’m sure they’ll want to get them all to perform. Plus, she had that remix of “Homemade Dynamite” which would not only give more stage time to Khalid and SZA, but would also give them an excuse to add Post Malone to the roster, which I’m sure they want since he was one of the biggest stars this year.

Lorde has a US tour coming up, so she would want to perform to promote her tour. From reading the article it sounds like they didn’t want her to perform. Politics perhaps?

With no performance it’s a lose-lose for her. If she loses AOTY, she loses with no nominations in any other category and no performance. She gets one second of TV time when they read out the AOTY nominees. If she wins, it’s going to look even worse when another white female pop singer wins over Kendrick, when the Grammys didn’t think she was worthy of a performance and the TV audience never gets to see her perform.

She is already performing for the Recording Academy at the 2018 MusiCares Person Of The Year Tribute for Fleetwood Mac on the 26th, just two days before the awards show and she is doing another charity event a couple of days earlier for the 2018 Ally Coalition Annual Talent Show for homeless and at-risk LGBTQ youth.

Perhaps with two charity events in the same week, she would justified in having a night off if they don’t want her to perform. Since SZA was already announced earlier, the Homemade Dynamite remix probably isn’t an option.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

We should wait for an official information about Lorde, Ed and Taylor attending.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 172 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.